New Slash/MK Album On The Way

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: SMKC 4

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

This thread was obviously for what ended up becoming Living The Dream, but apparently on August 8th a pic was taken of Slash and Todd Kerns together working on SMKC 4 so looks like we'll get a repeat in 2021 of 2018 with 1 MK Solo record and 1 SMKC record in the same year? :eek :mkrules :cloud9

MrsPog
Bought The CDs

Re: New Slash/MK Album On The Way

Post by MrsPog »

Oh I do hope so...!

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

Sounds like a way to help make up for them not being able to tour this year to me!

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I finally got around to purchasing Living the Dream for the very reason I'm about to explain, I'm listening to it again right now. I first heard this record on youtube and wasn't keen on buying it for full price when it first came out - I didn't think it was worth that amount and I still hold that opinion. It's very derivative of the previous two records sound, like they hit a wall in what they can do with this style of music. The melodies just aren't great and the whole thing seems kind of uninspired. Like, they are hitting all the points technically, but the music is just passable. A group of skilled musicians that seem to be dropping a record for the sake of it. Lyrically it's not great either. Just and average record. Glad I bought it used and cheap.

I hope on the next one they do something to change things up. The music is like a ghost from the late 80's and early 90's. It sounds like leftovers from Aerosmith and GNR. But instead of being B-sides they're like the songs that slash blew his nose with and only now picked them out of the waste bin because he needed to drop a record. Myles is too talented a musician and singer to be wasted on this record.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, I mean Myles clearly enjoys playing with these guys even if the stuff can look subpar at times. That alone makes it a lot worthwhile for a musician regardless on the perceived quality of material. Besides, he's writing solo stuff and going to get another solo album out soon so he can be as creative as he wants in that outlet and have fun playing with Slash and Co. AB remains AB.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Yeah that album was pretty boring. kinda sad, because i recently re-listened World On Fire a couple of times which has a lot of songs that stood the test of time.

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

I don't understand the hate for it. I love it.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I was pretty nonplussed with it when it came out and didn't really come back to it for ages. Had a relisten a little while back though and it was better than I remembered, a really fun record. Glad it's another solo album next up, though.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

nagpo wrote:I finally got around to purchasing Living the Dream for the very reason I'm about to explain, I'm listening to it again right now. I first heard this record on youtube and wasn't keen on buying it for full price when it first came out - I didn't think it was worth that amount and I still hold that opinion. It's very derivative of the previous two records sound, like they hit a wall in what they can do with this style of music. The melodies just aren't great and the whole thing seems kind of uninspired. Like, they are hitting all the points technically, but the music is just passable. A group of skilled musicians that seem to be dropping a record for the sake of it. Lyrically it's not great either. Just and average record. Glad I bought it used and cheap.

I hope on the next one they do something to change things up. The music is like a ghost from the late 80's and early 90's. It sounds like leftovers from Aerosmith and GNR. But instead of being B-sides they're like the songs that slash blew his nose with and only now picked them out of the waste bin because he needed to drop a record. Myles is too talented a musician and singer to be wasted on this record.

I don't know what it is about Slash's solo career, but its just so dull to me. It lacks the edge Guns N' Roses and Velvet Revolver had, that "dangerous" aspect. By no means do I blame Myles for any of this. Slash's music just feels so castrated. I genuinely don't understand how someone can underutilize Myles Kennedy to such a degree. Regardless, Myles seems to have the most fun with Slash than he does solo and Alter Bridge and that alone will always make me appreciate it, but yeah. From Apocalyptic Love to present day there's maybe five songs I enjoy.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

Devil Inside You wrote: I don't know what it is about Slash's solo career, but its just so dull to me. It lacks the edge Guns N' Roses and Velvet Revolver had, that "dangerous" aspect. By no means do I blame Myles for any of this. Slash's music just feels so castrated. I genuinely don't understand how someone can underutilize Myles Kennedy to such a degree. Regardless, Myles seems to have the most fun with Slash than he does solo and Alter Bridge and that alone will always make me appreciate it, but yeah. From Apocalyptic Love to present day there's maybe five songs I enjoy.
To hear GNR fans tell it, the problem is Myles. They think Slash comes up with these amazing, GNR-quality riffs that Myles ruins with boring vocals and lyrics.

I don't agree with either side. I think Slash and Myles have put out three of the most solid rock-n-roll albums to be released in the 2000s. You just don't hear much new stuff with the classic rock sound. Dirty Honey is one of the few new bands I love for this reason, but in my opinion Slash and Myles are basically carrying the classic rock flag right now. GNR of course refuses to release new music. There just aren't many bands putting out albums like Apocalyptic Love, World on Fire and Living The Dream.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Saw some posts on Facebook just now that the SMKC camp started pre-production for Album IV recently. In a TikTok video I think Slash posted. You can see a section of the whiteboard with song titles in the clip, too. https://fb.watch/3OqwwuKVrZ/

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:12 pm Saw some posts on Facebook just now that the SMKC camp started pre-production for Album IV recently. In a TikTok video I think Slash posted. You can see a section of the whiteboard with song titles in the clip, too. https://fb.watch/3OqwwuKVrZ/
Gaping for Dollars :shifty

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ubik wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:49 pmGaping for Dollars :shifty
The sequel to Dirty Girl? :lol

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Ubik wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:49 pm
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:12 pm Saw some posts on Facebook just now that the SMKC camp started pre-production for Album IV recently. In a TikTok video I think Slash posted. You can see a section of the whiteboard with song titles in the clip, too. https://fb.watch/3OqwwuKVrZ/
Gaping for Dollars :shifty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOuiDoSoUS0

Nobody said anything about the women doing it

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Its been a while since anything has been posted about the guys potentially working on SMKC4 but yesterday a couple pictures got posted on Facebook from Slash with everyone from SMKC in a room together. Looks like either practicing songs for potential show dates or it could be related to the new album. And before that another pic was posted by him showing a piece of paper with potential song titles for SMKC 4 or a setlist of some kind.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Woo! Keep it coming!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Just saw that Gibson is launching their own record label and the next SMKC record will be released under it, but not until some time in 2022.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:59 pm Just saw that Gibson is launching their own record label and the next SMKC record will be released under it, but not until some time in 2022.
Oh, hopefully this venture won't flop.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Was wondering what that would mean for AB7 but realised it's basically pointless trying to predict how all their shit fits together these days.

mirko.volpon
Bought The CDs

Post by mirko.volpon »

New album early 2022