New Slash/MK Album On The Way

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Re: New Slash/MK Album On The Way

Post by DarkKnight12 »

Merinda wrote:I'm burnt out on the Slash front. I enjoyed the first Slash and Co album and the second one was alright too... but I just think it takes something away from Myles somehow. He's an awkward, quiet, seemingly sensitive guy and the Slash and Co thing doesn't suit him. He's not this dirty, gritty, sexy rock star lol. He's just not. He's weird and thoughtful and geeky, I just can't. I don't know. I heard the first song a couple of times and haven't had a desire to listen to anymore since.

Somehow it doesn't seem.. like it's authentically Myles. Yes, it's fun rock and roll and probably not meant to be taken too seriously and that's not who Myles is, or how he comes across anyway.

I'll shut up now.
Have you ever seen them live? I saw them 2 times and I can assure you that Myles had such a rockstar attitude at those gigs

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

They did a show in LA at the Whisky that can be listened for Sirius XM subscribers. Here's the set.

Avalon
Halo
Standing in the Sun
Ghost
Back from Cali
Wicked Stone
Mind Your Manners (Live Premiere)
Bent to Fly
You're a Lie
Beneath the Savage Sun
The Dissident
Doctor Alibi
My Antidote (Live Premiere)
Rocket Queen
Starlight
Serve You Right (Live Premiere)
Driving Rain (Live Premiere)
World on Fire

The Call of the Wild (Live Premiere)
Anastasia

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/slash-fe ... 9a55f.html

I like that out of the gate, they decided to play five new songs, three of them that has been unreleased. Another thing, without being reliant on GNR songs, they actually got some pretty great songs to fill out a standalone set. Sad thing is that of all GNR songs to retain, they retained the worst live song for me. Friken Rocket Queen that can go up to 30 minutes. BOO.

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

DarkKnight12 wrote:Have you ever seen them live? I saw them 2 times and I can assure you that Myles had such a rockstar attitude at those gigs
Yes I have.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

They played on Kimmel recently.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

they were good!

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

btw are their different version of the album with more or less songs? Don't want to miss out

mirko.volpon
Bought The CDs

Post by mirko.volpon »

There is a japan version Shm Cd

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

So it may or may not already be on shelves here in West Michigan....
Thanks Timo!

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

austinjhnsn wrote:So it may or may not already be on shelves here in West Michigan....
Leak it, bro

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

nahhhhhhhhhhh man
Thanks Timo!

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

What stores? Small record store or Walmart, Best Buy, etc.? I might go out and look

MrsPog
Bought The CDs

Post by MrsPog »

Merinda wrote:
DarkKnight12 wrote:Have you ever seen them live? I saw them 2 times and I can assure you that Myles had such a rockstar attitude at those gigs
Yes I have.
The first time I saw Myles perform (I live in the UK) was in an arena with Slash. The tickets were a birthday present and I was excited to see Slash play as I grew up listening to GnR. Three songs in to the set an quite frankly I was as impressed by his supporting band and this great front man. I left the arena, got on Google and then soon after bought the AB albums that we're in existence then.
I've seen AB three times since and was lucky enough to be at the Royal Albert Hall, and I saw Myles & Co on his solo tour in the summer. He has different energy with each band but I think they're good together and I personally rate The Conspirators live... Wish me luck trying to get tickets for one of the three UK dates early next year!

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

My Antidote is available on Apple Music, ITunes and Spotify and it’s Awesome!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

My Antidote is the weakest of the 3 for me so far. I hope the rest of the songs on the album are better. Guess we'll find out soon enough since its released on Thursday night this upcoming week.

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

It’s actually my favorite of the three singles haha

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:My Antidote is the weakest of the 3 for me so far. I hope the rest of the songs on the album are better. Guess we'll find out soon enough since its released on Thursday night this upcoming week.
Funny, I actually like it the most of the three songs. Have yet to be blown away by this new Slash material, so my hype for the album is pretty low overall
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

MrsPog
Bought The CDs

Post by MrsPog »

AHart96 wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:My Antidote is the weakest of the 3 for me so far. I hope the rest of the songs on the album are better. Guess we'll find out soon enough since its released on Thursday night this upcoming week.
Funny, I actually like it the most of the three songs. Have yet to be blown away by this new Slash material, so my hype for the album is pretty low overall
:yeahthat

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Musically, the new one is the most fun. Love the intro and the main riff. Sadly, Myles's melodies are pretty boring.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

TurningStones
Brand New Start

Post by TurningStones »

Upon first listen, this album feels very tried and true to the SMK&C sound. Because of visible patterns in songwriting, this album already feels familiar without having listened to it, even leading me to singing the wrong lyrics in my head at times. The melody to the bridge of the album's opener, The Call of the Wild, is reminiscent of the part of Apocalyptic Love's bridge before Myles says "We will have love". The first few notes to the chorus of My Antidote, where Myles says "But it's all", is almost a note-for-note callback to Wicked Stone's chorus, where Myles says "I'm getting off". The intro riff to Read Between the Lines reminds me of the riffs to Apocalyptic Love and Stone Blind. The "La, la, la" part of The One You Loved is Gone is a note-for-note callback to Battleground. The lyrics to Driving Rain (She's the dark to light, she's never satisfied) directly reference a similar sounding section of Standing in the Sun (You're the dark to light, you're never satisfied).

All of this being said, Living the Dream is certainly not a bad album. There is still plenty to like on this album. As someone who enjoyed The Unholy from World On Fire and Nothing Left to Fear from the Slash-directed movie soundtrack quite a bit, Lost Inside the Girl instantly strikes a chord. Myles' lower vocals and Slash's guitar work on the verses make this unrequited love song feel dark and haunting. The other song that seems to stand out most is The One You Loved is Gone. Myles makes good use of his vocal range on this one and Slash shows off his fingerpicking and acoustic abilities. Frank Sidoris more than holds his own on My Antidote, keeping a steady chugging palm-muted rhythm throughout. Todd Kerns' bass slides on Read Between the Lines sound great and his backing vocals and harmonizing with Myles sound better than ever. Brent Fitz's drum work on Sugar Cane is another standout instrumental performance. It's a fun, straight-forward hard rock record that is flawed, but also enjoyable for what it is.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

'The One You Loved is Gone' and 'Lost Inside The Girl' are solid tunes :)