New Slash/MK Album On The Way

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Re: New Slash/MK Album On The Way

Post by Mr. Slash »

Timotheus wrote:Lost Inside the Girl is an awful title.
Many of the titles are either pretty much 80s rock cliche or sound like rip offs from popular rock songs. Do you guys think that Slash will have to deal with some copyright lawsuits from Green Day and the Foo Fighters? :D

Nicklord
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Nicklord »

Pearl Jam has Mind Your Manners song too, it was even a single

AngusWolfe
Bought The CDs

Post by AngusWolfe »

Timotheus wrote:Lost Inside the Girl is an awful title.
I was going to call out Boulevard of Broken Hearts for that. It was naff when Green Day did it, now it's corny and unoriginal.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ At least, Green Day has that luxury of having Boulevard of Broken Dreams be their most recognizable song ever. I don't think I will say the same for Slash with Boulevard of Broken Hearts.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

nagpo wrote:I was half joking because I actually think it would be cool to hear TABN talent
Ah gotcha haha. Click the YouTube link in my signature for that. It just has some cover songs for now, most of them old. But I'll be putting up my first EP soon! :yes

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I really liked the Lifehouse cover!

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

Thanks! I really love that song. My EP I'm releasing soon is gonna be 5 original songs that somewhat pretty pop rock-ish, reminiscent of late 90s / early 2000s stuff like Vertical Horizon or Lifehouse. I'll definitely be posting it on the "Musicians Unite" sub-forum here if anyone's interested.

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

Mind your manners is available on Apple Music right now. It’s really fun song. Kinda gives me automatic overdrive vibes. I love it ! Great riff

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Catchy chorus and fun instrumentation as the song progresses, but besides the chorus it's a pretty boring song vocally, and the lyrics aren't that special either.

Edit: second listen is a lot more enjoyable!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Hmmm. I think I have a problem or something, because I'm not enjoying this song at all, but this should not be the case for a band that has Myles Kennedy (I always deem AB, no matter what in light of their flaws, as bulletproof and Year of the Tiger was basically bulletproof to me) in it. WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME!!!!

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

I really like the solo! That opening run is crazy good!
And Year of the tiger is the best album I have ever heard. MK is the man! I’m more eager for a second solo album than I am for AB 6!! And I’m a MASSIVE AB fan so that is telling sth!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

"Pow" :D
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I like this song much better than the last at least.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, this is good news to me when it comes to their live sets for their upcoming shows.
Speaking of Guns N' Roses, he's decided not to play as much of their material in his solo sets — Slash has been repeatedly scratched the itch to play those songs over the last two years with GN'R. We posited that this tour could represent the true arrival of the solo band. "I actually hadn't thought of it like that," he said, "but we've got three albums worth of material so we're going to be focusing primarily focusing on that. There might be one or two Guns songs and a Velvet Revolver song and a [Slash's] Snakepit song, but it's not going to be a major part of the set as it was from 2010 up until 2015."
http://loudwire.com/slash-how-he-found-myles-kennedy/

They got three albums (going to be four) of good songs to compose a set from and they'll make it work well and give a great show. I still won't go to the Hollywood Palladium show though. Tickets are almost $60.00 fees included. I paid that much for Breaking Benjamin's acoustic show and that was the 2nd best show I have ever been to. I saw Myles with only an acoustic guitar and a resonator for half of that price this year and that was the best show I have ever been to. I just don't think, for me, the enjoyment I may have is going to worth the price I may spend. Maybe, if I find some sort of deal for around $40 or less at the last minute, I could bite, but this is a Slash headlining show in LA in a suitable venue (about 3,500 people). It's going to sell well and it's going to be packed, even if the GNR song selections are going to be lowered, thankfully.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

I enjoy going to see Gn'R Stuff being done by Slash and Myles in a smaller venue. Myles does 'em better than Axl these days anyway.

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

Realistically I think we will have more than just 2 I suspect there will be about 4 in the set, hopefully the sets get a little longer 20 songs from slash after seeing him play 32 in one night just isn't enough

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Album of the month in Aardschok-magazine in the Netherlands ! Will be released shortly after RAH. September is gonna be a good month .......

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Just announced : they play AFAS-live in Amsterdam on sunday february 24th. That’s the venue formerly known as HMH, where AB recorded the Amsterdam-dvd. Gonna be there !

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

I'm burnt out on the Slash front. I enjoyed the first Slash and Co album and the second one was alright too... but I just think it takes something away from Myles somehow. He's an awkward, quiet, seemingly sensitive guy and the Slash and Co thing doesn't suit him. He's not this dirty, gritty, sexy rock star lol. He's just not. He's weird and thoughtful and geeky, I just can't. I don't know. I heard the first song a couple of times and haven't had a desire to listen to anymore since.

Somehow it doesn't seem.. like it's authentically Myles. Yes, it's fun rock and roll and probably not meant to be taken too seriously and that's not who Myles is, or how he comes across anyway.

I'll shut up now.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Well. At least, I'm glad I'm not alone regarding this thought, Merinda. At least, we will have the Royal Albert Hall DVD and Year of the Tiger.