New Slash/MK Album On The Way

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: New Slash/MK Album On The Way

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Mr. Slash wrote:Seems like the song was taken down already. At least I can't listen to it on Spotify.
I just checked its still there for me :headscratch

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Mr. Slash wrote:Seems like the song was taken down already. At least I can't listen to it on Spotify.
Not available in my country apparently. Damn.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Mr. Slash wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Not available in my country apparently. Damn.
I just double checked on my computer, it says its unavailable there, but I can still listen to it on the Spotify app on my phone :shrug :headscratch

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

If anyone has an MP3, can they PM me a link? I want to listen to it without relying on Spotify

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

What the hell are they doing ? Still nothing for me in Switzerland. Spotify says it should be available 25 July which is today so.. wtf ?

Marshall
White Knuckled

Post by Marshall »

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, finally heard the track on Spotify. It's not a bad track honestly. I wouldn't be surprised if this charted in at least Top 5 on Active Rock radio and I wouldn't mind hearing it on radio often. That stated........, after what Myles brought with Year of the Tiger and what we're going to hear in the Royal Albert Hall DVD, my expectations for the next Slash/Myles/Conspirators album is not great in comparison.

I don't know what it is that makes me not excited for this album. Maybe the fact that Slash basically decided to f*** off his stable solo band to rejoin GNR solely for the money with the band having no intentions to make a new album (I mean we got The Last Hero, a very long AB tour, and the Royal Albert Hall shows and DVD, but still) and now he can just waltz in and decided to go into solo mode at his whim which kinda throws a curve for the AB VI album cycle (now in all fairness, aside from Myles with his solo stuff and AB, Todd, Brent, and Frank doesn't really have a big project in the interim anyway so I'm sure they are looking forward to be in a big high-paying band again and they deserve it. They are solid players).

Also, nowadays, I'm really starting to do not enjoy that 80s "Rock n Roll" sort of music (and really digging non-rock stuff like Owl City and Lindsey Stirling) and I'm starting to see Slash as the epitome of everything I hate about those sorts of classic bands (again, that's just me and the way my mind works). Still, this is a great band, I'm sure they will deliver a solid album, but I rather see Myles keep going with his solo stuff and, of course, Alter Bridge (I need AB VI to pull all the stops and dare to be the best album they have ever created and I don't want anything to derail that).

JGremore
TABN.com Citizen

Post by JGremore »

I have never been a fan of Slash's solo stuff. It was/is a great way to get more exposure for Myles which could lead over to more exposure for AB(possibly). To me their music is weak for the most part. However, that also includes I've never really been a fan of Slash. Myles singing style with them is something I am not a fan of. It tends to be a higher register/nasally and just 80's rock lyrics with no deep meaning ( with some exceptions). I really feels Myles needs a break before the next AB record to rest his voice and just have some time to himself and unwind. Obviously, this may not bother him as he is all for it, but at the same time he isn't getting any younger. I would prefer (selfishly) for Slash to stay with GNR or find another singer and just leave Myles alone lol I also feel he may know that Myles makes the band work better and if he were to find someone else they wouldn't click as much/melodies wouldn't be as good as they are. Again, that is just my opinion!

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Super boring imo. Why did they have to reuse the first verse of Standing in the Sun?

Jamiep
Brand New Start

Post by Jamiep »

I love Slash and Myles! World on Fire is a brilliant album - if this new one is half as good it’ll be great. Slash needs a singer like Myles for sure - he really makes the difference.

As long as they dont get too carried away and get in the way of Alter Bridge then i’m all for it :peace

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

They took the video down, here's the new one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1LaQ68tkDg

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

Pretty boring and average song. The pitch correction is off and sounds unnatural on certain parts. Can't wrap my head around the Standing reference. 4/10 for me.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I'm not really impressed by it either. Doesn't really push any buttons, it's pretty standard. Granted that it's a single and those are usually standard for radio fare but even with that the reuse of a previous melody doesn't impress. Vocally I don't really like it either. Doesn't really excite me. I don't want to sing to it. I honestly cant even remember the song after hearing it twice now.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

psycosquirrel789 wrote:Pretty boring and average song. The pitch correction is off and sounds unnatural on certain parts. Can't wrap my head around the Standing reference. 4/10 for me.
Where are you hearing pitch correction exactly? I figured they were recording to tape again like they have been.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

Jaded Rescue wrote:
psycosquirrel789 wrote:Pretty boring and average song. The pitch correction is off and sounds unnatural on certain parts. Can't wrap my head around the Standing reference. 4/10 for me.
Where are you hearing pitch correction exactly? I figured they were recording to tape again like they have been.
Pretty sure they only did that for Apocalyptic Love. World on Fire sounded more produced and this new song sounds more like WOF than AL

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

World on Fire was recorded to tape as well. Apocalyptic Love was different because it was done in that semi-live way.
For all of the hope that it brings...

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Jaded Rescue wrote:
Its blatant at the 40 sec mark when he sings "and remember the last time you know" and the 1:40 mark, same thing. That is pure Melodyne editing. Its not meant to sound robotic, but it does. The bridge has intentional effects, but those chorus lines sound like amateur editing.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

psycosquirrel789 wrote:
Jaded Rescue wrote:
Its blatant at the 40 sec mark when he sings "and remember the last time you know" and the 1:40 mark, same thing. That is pure Melodyne editing. Its not meant to sound robotic, but it does. The bridge has intentional effects, but those chorus lines sound like amateur editing.
That doesn't sound like melodyne editing at all to me. He just bends the note down, and he's precise about it (like Myles always is). Hell, I can sing that line and make it sound just the same.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Unimpressive song.
Also, the kick drum is a bit too loud in the mix, and I can't focus on the rest of the instruments.

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Jaded Rescue wrote:
psycosquirrel789 wrote:
Jaded Rescue wrote:
That doesn't sound like melodyne editing at all to me. He just bends the note down, and he's precise about it (like Myles always is). Hell, I can sing that line and make it sound just the same.
All of his vocals are edited - like every single modern artist. He bent the note, and the software tried to fix it. It sounds robotic. They use the same effects/editing on the live records. Myles is my fav singer, but he has pitch issues - that’s undeniable.