New Slash/MK Album On The Way

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
Kreuger
Bought The CDs

Re: New Slash/MK Album On The Way

Postby Kreuger » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:08 pm

agny wrote:Yay. Wow, if my search result was right, that Canada location is far north of Toronto. They must be going by private plane.
It's only like 2 hrs maybe 3.

DarkKnight12
Bought The CDs

Postby DarkKnight12 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:27 am

Myles Kennedy was asked on The Classic Metal Show if Slash's upcoming solo album "Living the Dream" is musically similar the previous effort - 2014's "World on Fire" - to which he replied (via Blabbermouth):

"Yeah, it definitely has those sonic hallmarks, I think, that started to evolve on 'Apocalyptic Love' [2012]. It's 12 songs, and there aren't a lot of epic journeys.

"We had more of the epic side of things on the 'World of Fire' record; these are very concise, and there's an uptempo quality to a lot of the tracks that I think bode well for this band.

"So, yeah, we're excited to put it out there and do some touring on it. It should be fun."

So Living The Dream is a 12 songs album, concise and uptempo songs. I kinda like the more serious and “epic” side of some of WOF songs ..

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/up ... s_one.html

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Postby AB4Lyfe » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:49 pm

Not a lot of epic journeys...can already tell this won’t be my type of record.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Postby Andy92 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:55 pm

If it’s an album full of 3 minute tracks with Myles spit-firing the verses then I’ll probably pass lol

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Postby anguyen92 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:03 pm

Andy92 wrote:If it’s an album full of 3 minute tracks with Myles spit-firing the verses then I’ll probably pass lol

Yeah, pretty much. After we heard the solo album, this year, if the album is just going to be full of singles-length tracks that does a throwback to the 80s classic hard rock days, and not stuff like Anastasia, Battleground, or The Unholy, my interest wanes a lot. I do like me at least one big epic track from Myles and we got that with Love Can Only Heal this year. At this point for me, it's like, "wake me up when AB is in the studio" when it comes to Myles' next work.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Postby Ubik » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:14 pm

I really liked World on Fire, Shadow Life, Automatic Overdrive, 30 Years to Life and Too Far Gone, and loved Wicked Stone and Beneath the Savage Sun, so if they can get an album full of that kind of quality I'm very much on board. If there's a similar proportion of filler to that which appeared on WoF, slightly less enthused.
In another life
In another place...

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Postby Andy92 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:16 pm

Ubik wrote:I really liked World on Fire, Shadow Life, Automatic Overdrive, 30 Years to Life and Too Far Gone, and loved Wicked Stone and Beneath the Savage Sun, so if they can get an album full of that kind of quality I'm very much on board. If there's a similar proportion of filler to that which appeared on WoF, slightly less enthused.

And if it’s anything close to AL I’m out lol

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Postby Ubik » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:55 pm

Andy92 wrote:And if it’s anything close to AL I’m out lol

Feel like we need to periodically remind ourselves that the video for Bad Rain exists.
In another life
In another place...

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Postby Andy92 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:17 pm

Ubik wrote:
Andy92 wrote:And if it’s anything close to AL I’m out lol

Feel like we need to periodically remind ourselves that the video for Bad Rain exists.

I hadn’t listened to that album in a while. Made a playlist of Myles songs on Spotify not long ago, and didn’t realize how many songs from AL I had to take out of it. :lol

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Postby Timotheus » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:39 am

I care more about Wicked Stone and Avalon than I do about Battleground and The Unholy. It's not what they do best, so I don't really care about the lack of epics.

Return to “Myles & Co”