Myles Kennedy Solo Tour 2018

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
Dan Dando
On The Rail

Re: Myles Kennedy Solo Tour 2018

Post by Dan Dando »

Timotheus wrote:That's a good point, and if that's how he wants to perform these songs, he should do it. I'm just another opinion on the internet.

But I think there's a difference between a performer and an entertainer, and where a performer would try to do the spirit of a song justice, Myles is sometimes more focused on entertaining the crowd. That's not even a bad thing per se, but it's a clear shift from a few years ago.
That's fair enough, man :cheers

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Timotheus wrote:Compare the way he sings when he does a radio show to the way he sings before a crowd. It's very different. He seems way more into the songs when he's not trying to entertain a crowd, and ironically I find that a lot more entertaining.
I have always attributed this to some degree to the fact that Myles, IMO, is still kind of nervous in front of a crowd. He's admitted as much and it totally goes with his humble and unassuming nature. It's harder to totally lose oneself in the moment when you remember there are a few hundred people staring at you. I don't think he has that rock star ego that allows him to disassociate himself from the setting. I appreciate how honest and interpersonal and aware he is with the crowd there, and I think the little chuckles when he misses a note or skips a line and all the little asides and comments between songs are him acknowledging the reality of the crowd in front of him. I think he's sometimes too aware of that to get completely lost in the moment. It's different for him on songs like Blackbird or Watch Over You that are so personal and that he's done with AB a few hundred times, but this tour is a totally different ballgame for him right now.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

He was having trouble with his guitar staying in tune and having a laugh about it. Big fucking deal. Get over it.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Damn the crowd was REALLY into this one, Myles seemed very pleasantly surprised by it. One of my favorite AB songs period, always wondered why they never released it as a single during the Fortress cycle. Thought it would have been big for the band and gotten a lot of airplay
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Kreuger wrote:He was having trouble with his guitar staying in tune and having a laugh about it. Big fucking deal. Get over it.
Easier said than done. I haven't been able to sleep in a week and my hair has been falling out.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

It's so cool to see him unearth those old MF4 songs.
The people in the audience don't seem to realize how lucky they are.
AHart96 wrote: Damn the crowd was REALLY into this one, Myles seemed very pleasantly surprised by it. One of my favorite AB songs period, always wondered why they never released it as a single during the Fortress cycle. Thought it would have been big for the band and gotten a lot of airplay
Indeed. Who knows, this song could have made them huge.
Sometimes, you're too close to your songs, and you can't tell tell which ones will be well received.
But after this performance, I'm pretty sure Myles will try and convince the band to play it more often.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I wonder whose "and co.?" Myles, with a backing band playing a full set, will be co-headlining the Steelhouse Festival with Glenn Hughes whose playing a primarily a Deep Purple set.

https://www.planetrock.com/news/rock-ne ... ival-2018/

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Wtf was that during and after the first chorus?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQnFbmem3B0

MrsPog
Bought The CDs

Post by MrsPog »

:lol
Timotheus wrote:
Kreuger wrote:He was having trouble with his guitar staying in tune and having a laugh about it. Big fucking deal. Get over it.
Easier said than done. I haven't been able to sleep in a week and my hair has been falling out.

Greenster
Brand New Start

Post by Greenster »

AHart96 wrote:
Damn the crowd was REALLY into this one, Myles seemed very pleasantly surprised by it. One of my favorite AB songs period, always wondered why they never released it as a single during the Fortress cycle. Thought it would have been big for the band and gotten a lot of airplay
TBH every song went down well. The crowd were superb in Glasgow! Myles looked well impressed. Great setlist although I would’ve loved White Flag. Personal favourite of mine

Silvercreed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Silvercreed »

If the fans are responding well to the song. Maybe the song will be a regular on the next AB tour.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Mr. Slash wrote:Wtf was that during and after the first chorus?
Was watching that last night and was similarly bemused :lol

Either someone behind the camera was doing something weird or Myles is hinting that he's not a fan of his own lyrics. Any folk that went to the Glasgow gig shed any light?
For all of the hope that it brings...

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

Regarding earlier comments. Ya'll are a tough crowd. I think the laughing and joking makes it all seem so much more intimate. Like friends hanging around a camp fire, while one of those friends performs some great music. Really hope I can make it to one of these shows.

Jmadrid1412
Brand New Start

Post by Jmadrid1412 »

Ubik wrote:
Mr. Slash wrote:Wtf was that during and after the first chorus?
Was watching that last night and was similarly bemused :lol

Either someone behind the camera was doing something weird or Myles is hinting that he's not a fan of his own lyrics. Any folk that went to the Glasgow gig shed any light?
During another show, he said he finds the Mars Hotel lyrics cringe worthy. Mostly the "tried to pay for all the things" line. He wishes he spent more time on them in hindsight and is surprised how relatively popular it is.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Jmadrid1412 wrote:During another show, he said he finds the Mars Hotel lyrics cringe worthy. Mostly the "tried to pay for all the things" line. He wishes he spent more time on them in hindsight and is surprised how relatively popular it is.
Thanks!

The answer to his surprise is that the music and melody is utterly dreamy.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Great performance of Love Can Only Heal, with a little Sweet Home Alabama intro and a nice added surprise at the end!

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

I really hope Myles releases a live album from this tour. A lot of these stripped arrangements and performances actually sound better than what's on the album, especially in those official videos. I think he may have done the songs a bit of a disservice in regards to the overproduction on the album itself, much as I love it.

MrsPog
Bought The CDs

Post by MrsPog »

devv88 wrote:I really hope Myles releases a live album from this tour. A lot of these stripped arrangements and performances actually sound better than what's on the album, especially in those official videos. I think he may have done the songs a bit of a disservice in regards to the overproduction on the album itself, much as I love it.
The Last Hero is overproduced in my humble opinion, so I know exactly what you mean. It can take away from the whole sound.