Myles Kennedy - "Year of the Tiger"

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
User avatar
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy
Posts: 3480
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Re: Myles Kennedy - "Year of the Tiger"

Postby Ubik » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:32 pm

Mr. Slash wrote:What exactly did Myles imply with his story about "Sick and Wrong"?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67kZ4_Ko1OE

Rocket Queen'd it?
In another life
In another place...

User avatar
Mr. Slash
On The Rail
Posts: 1215
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:40 am
Location: Germany

Re: Myles Kennedy - "Year of the Tiger"

Postby Mr. Slash » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:53 pm

Ubik wrote:
Mr. Slash wrote:What exactly did Myles imply with his story about "Sick and Wrong"?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67kZ4_Ko1OE

Rocket Queen'd it?

Seems so. But I can't believe it. I mean, we are talking about Myles. Someone who considers himself being a goof. And on the other hand, I don't think that the Rocket Queen story is true either. :D

User avatar
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy
Posts: 3480
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Re: Myles Kennedy - "Year of the Tiger"

Postby Ubik » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:03 pm

Mr. Slash wrote:Seems so. But I can't believe it. I mean, we are talking about Myles. Someone who considers himself being a goof. And on the other hand, I don't think that the Rocket Queen story is true either. :D

It's funny though, I came across this ooold interview with him recently (Second Skin era) and his demeanour is quuuiiiiite a bit different to the goofball we're used to :X

In another life
In another place...

User avatar
slasherbridge
White Knuckled
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 6:29 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Myles Kennedy - "Year of the Tiger"

Postby slasherbridge » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:43 pm

Anyone have any idea as to what tuning "Nothing But A Name" is in?

It's definitely a C-tuning of some sort. I just can't tell if it's drop C or some kind of odd Open C that I've never used before. I know in interviews he's mentioned using some unorthodox tunings (even by AB standards) on this record.
Image

User avatar
slasherbridge
White Knuckled
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 6:29 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Myles Kennedy - "Year of the Tiger"

Postby slasherbridge » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:00 pm

Nvrmd. Figured it out. C-G-C-F-C-Eb.
Image

Kreuger
Bought The CDs
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:33 am

Re: Myles Kennedy - "Year of the Tiger"

Postby Kreuger » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:06 am

Check the tunings thread. Think most of the songs are covered.

User avatar
TenaciousBe
On The Rail
Posts: 1424
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:04 pm
Location: Iowa, USA
Contact:

Re: Myles Kennedy - "Year of the Tiger"

Postby TenaciousBe » Sat May 05, 2018 4:32 am

So while Myles has become one of my all time favorite musicians, my wife still isn't totally sold on him. And that's fine, I know his voice isn't really for everybody. So as such, I usually switch off the CD and onto the radio when she's in the car with me. I had the CD still playing the other day and she asked me "when did your mancrush turn all country?" She was just giving me shit, but I kind of agree, there is a bit of a "country" vibe to some of the songs. But not totally? I don't really know what to classify this sound as. It's not really rock, and it's not really country, and it's not really folky... what do we call this?
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

DarkKnight12
Bought The CDs
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:04 pm
Location: Switzerland

Re: Myles Kennedy - "Year of the Tiger"

Postby DarkKnight12 » Sat May 05, 2018 4:53 am

Americana

User avatar
Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle
Posts: 16040
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:52 am
Location: Belgium シ

Re: Myles Kennedy - "Year of the Tiger"

Postby Timotheus » Sat May 05, 2018 5:14 am

DarkKnight12 wrote:Americana

Yep!
Image

User avatar
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator
Posts: 8491
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:31 pm
Location: California

Re: Myles Kennedy - "Year of the Tiger"

Postby anguyen92 » Sat May 05, 2018 11:11 am

Timotheus wrote:
DarkKnight12 wrote:Americana

Yep!


I find the humor in this where the European posters described what kind of sound this is to the American poster where the sound from the wording is based in America.

DarkKnight12
Bought The CDs
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:04 pm
Location: Switzerland

Re: Myles Kennedy - "Year of the Tiger"

Postby DarkKnight12 » Thu May 10, 2018 9:33 am

Hey guys, does anyone have the Digipack limited edition of Year of the Tiger with the 6 acoustic demos?

User avatar
TenaciousBe
On The Rail
Posts: 1424
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:04 pm
Location: Iowa, USA
Contact:

Re: Myles Kennedy - "Year of the Tiger"

Postby TenaciousBe » Thu May 10, 2018 11:05 pm

DarkKnight12 wrote:Hey guys, does anyone have the Digipack limited edition of Year of the Tiger with the 6 acoustic demos?


Crap, I missed out! I do have the Best Buy version with 3 demos though.
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

devv88
Isolated
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:36 am

Re: Myles Kennedy - "Year of the Tiger"

Postby devv88 » Fri May 11, 2018 11:54 am

DarkKnight12 wrote:Hey guys, does anyone have the Digipack limited edition of Year of the Tiger with the 6 acoustic demos?


^ This shit is literally the worst. I understand why it happens, but here's hoping that after a certain exclusivity window, they make the demos available digitally. It's a crying shame that nearly the entire album is available acoustically, and only a tiny, TINY subset of fans will ever have access to it.

DarkKnight12
Bought The CDs
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:04 pm
Location: Switzerland

Re: Myles Kennedy - "Year of the Tiger"

Postby DarkKnight12 » Fri May 11, 2018 2:41 pm

You are absolutely right my friend. That’s why I hoped someone who owns the Best Buy or the digipack could share it with us. It is not a miney issue or anything I am willing to pay anyone who could share the Demos with me . The problem is that the only way for someone who lives in Switzerland like me can own these demos . So if anyone wants to help out some of us it would be awesome !!

MuffinMcFluffin
White Knuckled
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:05 am
Location: San Bruno, CA
Contact:

Re: Myles Kennedy - "Year of the Tiger"

Postby MuffinMcFluffin » Sun May 13, 2018 10:46 pm

I have the Best Buy one with three of the acoustic tracks. Tried Googling this digipack that you speak of, and I can't see where it lists which three songs on top of the three (from the BB exclusive) have acoustic demos of them on it.

Do you have a link for which item it specifically is, and if it shows which other three tracks they are?

User avatar
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator
Posts: 8491
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:31 pm
Location: California

Re: Myles Kennedy - "Year of the Tiger"

Postby anguyen92 » Mon May 14, 2018 12:12 am

Apparently, according to wikipedia, there is this digipack edition that has demo versions of the following tracks below. Best Buy has The Great Beyond, Nothing But a Name, and Haunted by Design.

1. "Year of the Tiger (Demo Acoustic Version)" 3:40
2. "Blind Faith (Demo Acoustic Version)" 4:15
3. "One Fine Day (Demo Acoustic Version)" 4:42
4. "Songbird (Demo Acoustic Version)" 4:01
5. "Turning Stones (Demo Acoustic Version)" 3:38
6. "Ghost of Shangri-La (Demo Acoustic Version)" 3:36

User avatar
AB23
Still Remains
Posts: 7666
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:04 am
Location: I honestly don't know

Re: Myles Kennedy - "Year of the Tiger"

Postby AB23 » Mon May 14, 2018 12:33 am

TenaciousBe wrote:So while Myles has become one of my all time favorite musicians, my wife still isn't totally sold on him. And that's fine, I know his voice isn't really for everybody. So as such, I usually switch off the CD and onto the radio when she's in the car with me. I had the CD still playing the other day and she asked me "when did your mancrush turn all country?" She was just giving me shit, but I kind of agree, there is a bit of a "country" vibe to some of the songs. But not totally? I don't really know what to classify this sound as. It's not really rock, and it's not really country, and it's not really folky... what do we call this?

I can't stand Devil on the Wall for this very reason. Soonds like a guitar screwing his guitar brother before spitting dip in his SPATOON amirite use ur vivid imagination
Image

MuffinMcFluffin
White Knuckled
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:05 am
Location: San Bruno, CA
Contact:

Re: Myles Kennedy - "Year of the Tiger"

Postby MuffinMcFluffin » Mon May 14, 2018 10:05 am

anguyen92 wrote:Apparently, according to wikipedia, there is this digipack edition that has demo versions of the following tracks below. Best Buy has The Great Beyond, Nothing But a Name, and Haunted by Design.

1. "Year of the Tiger (Demo Acoustic Version)" 3:40
2. "Blind Faith (Demo Acoustic Version)" 4:15
3. "One Fine Day (Demo Acoustic Version)" 4:42
4. "Songbird (Demo Acoustic Version)" 4:01
5. "Turning Stones (Demo Acoustic Version)" 3:38
6. "Ghost of Shangri-La (Demo Acoustic Version)" 3:36

Oh, that's crazy! So they cover most of the other songs that way?

I'll see if I can jump on that one. Don't know where I'll find it exactly, though.

riemslag1
Loyal Follower
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:02 am
Location: the Netherlands

Re: Myles Kennedy - "Year of the Tiger"

Postby riemslag1 » Mon May 14, 2018 11:34 am

It’s a bonus disc inside the Napalm wooden boxset - it sounds great !

hackingislife
TABN.com Citizen
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:30 pm

Re: Myles Kennedy - "Year of the Tiger"

Postby hackingislife » Mon May 14, 2018 2:19 pm

riemslag1 wrote:It’s a bonus disc inside the Napalm wooden boxset - it sounds great !


^^^yep, seconded.


Return to “Myles & Co”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests