Myles Kennedy - "Year of the Tiger"

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
silvertigermedia
Brand New Start

Re: Lost is the proof now, wasted all again

Post by silvertigermedia »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Andy92 wrote:
nagpo wrote:"member from this very forum tried to pass this review off as their own work to AB Management no less, "

proof?
Here you go man.

:lol :lol

It was a long story which I really dont need to prove to anyone here.. After speaking with Management, after the same person tried to leak the new album, he contacted this person who came back saying he wrote the review (to explain where he got the album from) before he tried to post on youtube. Bottom line is Tim contacted label, and label contacted us, (from the link this arsehat provided), we then spoke with Tim and found out where things were coming from.

Bottom line is, if there is any problems with the site I would love to know so it can be dealt with. Dont really mind about the copy and paste either as you were trying to help others see it, I just asked for it to be correctly posted with credit. :rockon :peace

nagpo
On The Rail

Re: Lost is the proof now, wasted all again

Post by nagpo »

silvertigermedia wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Andy92 wrote:
nagpo wrote:"member from this very forum tried to pass this review off as their own work to AB Management no less, "

proof?
Here you go man.

:lol :lol

It was a long story which I really dont need to prove to anyone here.. After speaking with Management, after the same person tried to leak the new album, he contacted this person who came back saying he wrote the review (to explain where he got the album from) before he tried to post on youtube. Bottom line is Tim contacted label, and label contacted us, (from the link this arsehat provided), we then spoke with Tim and found out where things were coming from.

Bottom line is, if there is any problems with the site I would love to know so it can be dealt with. Dont really mind about the copy and paste either as you were trying to help others see it, I just asked for it to be correctly posted with credit. :rockon :peace
Not saying that I don't believe you but I disagree with you not needing to provide evidence. You came into a community and began to lay claim against it without evidence.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: Myles Kennedy - "Year of the Tiger"

Post by Timotheus »

silvertigermedia wrote:Don't need to accuse... I wont name and shame but it was proven that a member from this very forum tried to pass this review off as their own work to AB Management no less, which eventually came back to us. Ab management know who it is and eradicated from the forum, so none of the accusations were to anyone present. :)
So that's what happened to Inconquerable!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

After hearing the first 3 songs, I no longer have any interest in this album. Won't be picking it up or even streaming it tbh. It's just so boring. He can do so much better
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

When the album comes out, we should have a separate discussion thread for those of us that actually like the music. There are too many arena rock fanboys on this site who don't want to hear anything other than overproduced radio-friendly sing-alongs. I think the three songs we've heard so far are very good and I can't wait to hear the rest. The haters can go rock out to The Great Divide and Proof of Life in their mommy's basement.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

MidnightToker wrote:When the album comes out, we should have a separate discussion thread for those of us that actually like the music. There are too many arena rock fanboys on this site who don't want to hear anything other than overproduced radio-friendly sing-alongs. I think the three songs we've heard so far are very good and I can't wait to hear the rest. The haters can go rock out to The Great Divide and Proof of Life in their mommy's basement.
:rolleyes

I like both myles and stapp

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

You guys were supposed to be more upset with me than that. Abort mission.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Oh my god. Somebody here says he presumes I automatically like Stapp if I don’t like Myles’ boring new tunes. I personally even dislike Stapps music very much. What a crazy statement. Nothing wrong with Myles doiing something completely different, it’s just not good and nowhere near the quality of the stuff he states to be influenced by. From my mommy’s basement I’m just wondering what drives all these walk-alongs saying they like this so much only beceause it’s Myles. What are the chances you will still play these tunes in about a year or so ? Taste of course is always personal so nothing really wrong with liking this. I myself are still hoping the rest of the album will sound much better than the 3 tracks I’ve heard so far. It would be a hughe disappointment if they don’t and I guess I just was not expecting to be disappointed by Myles.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Alright guys, all of you are fans of overproduced radio-friendly sing-alongs if you dislike Myles' solo stuff! Dude, your way of taking criticism and reacting to it is the worst one to ever exist. You could've come up with something better in order not to come across as an absolute idiot.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I love how offended people get when people accuse them of liking Stapp.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

MidnightToker wrote: The haters
Lol, yea. Btw, this is an Alter Bridge forum, I don't think here are a lot of Myles haters. Or did someone start a guerilla shitstorm?

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I purposefully haven't heard a note of the new album, and I'll discover it all on march 9th.
I, for one, am sick and tired of the Alter Bridge and Tremonti albums that all use the same formula (I think I just outgrew it), so I was definitely happy to hear this new batch of songs would be different. But now that you some of guys are saying the songwriting just isn't good, it kinda scares me.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

I like the songs, but that's just it. I like them. I'm not wowed by them, there's nothing interesting about them to me. Haunted by Design is probably my favorite of the bunch, but I'm still not blown away by it. The fact of that matter is, just because he changed up the instrumentation doesn't make this album groundbreaking. The songs still need to be well-written, and while they're good, they're nothing spectacular. I don't think anyone would say these are badly written or performed songs, but they don't show anything from Myles that we haven't heard before in terms of melodic or harmonic structure, in my opinion.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Timotheus wrote:I love how offended people get when people accuse them of liking Stapp.
No u!
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

chtimixeur wrote:I purposefully haven't heard a note of the new album, and I'll discover it all on march 9th.
I, for one, am sick and tired of the Alter Bridge and Tremonti albums that all use the same formula
That's the main reason why I'm liking this project so far. The songwriting is fine, don't worry.
Jaded Rescue wrote:but they don't show anything from Myles that we haven't heard before in terms of melodic or harmonic structure, in my opinion.
I don't know.. There are plenty of new elements that's not just the different instrument. The walking bass line in Devil On The Wall, the chords in the chorus of Year of the Tiger, the vibe and rhythm of Devil on the Wall in general (the song that comes the closest I think is Motor Mama). Plenty of stuff he hasn't done before or has done or hasn't done in a long time. I agree there's a lot of familiar sounding stuff as well, but to be fair, the guy has written music in a lot of styles.
Andy92 wrote:
Timotheus wrote:I love how offended people get when people accuse them of liking Stapp.
No u!
Can I get a witness?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I think if you're upset with the sound of this album, you're upset because you expected it to be acoustic Mayfield Four. Obviously a blanket statement like that isn't going to apply to everyone, but I don't think the songs are bad. I just think they aren't going to be everyone's cup of tea.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

Timotheus wrote:I agree there's a lot of familiar sounding stuff as well, but to be fair, the guy has written music in a lot of styles.
I'll totally agree with this. I guess our expectations are high because he's shown such range before. Perhaps it's a bit unfair to expect him to keep shattering the ceiling. For me personally, though, it's not even so much a style thing. There's just some touch that's missing for me. I don't feel these songs the way I did when I first heard Down to My Last, Shuddershell, or even Rise Today. I always felt like Myles was singing his heart out on his older works, and while these songs certainly touch on a troubled period of his life, I somehow don't feel like he's expressing it fully. I can't fully explain it.

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

It’s funny cause I feel the other way around. I am really surprised in a good way about these songs. Totally in Line with what I wanted to hear. Probably gonna be one of my favorite record. Anyway i’m Kind on a acoustic, less metal period so this album comes out at the perfect time for me

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Jaded Rescue wrote:
Timotheus wrote:I agree there's a lot of familiar sounding stuff as well, but to be fair, the guy has written music in a lot of styles.
I'll totally agree with this. I guess our expectations are high because he's shown such range before. Perhaps it's a bit unfair to expect him to keep shattering the ceiling. For me personally, though, it's not even so much a style thing. There's just some touch that's missing for me. I don't feel these songs the way I did when I first heard Down to My Last, Shuddershell, or even Rise Today. I always felt like Myles was singing his heart out on his older works, and while these songs certainly touch on a troubled period of his life, I somehow don't feel like he's expressing it fully. I can't fully explain it.
I agree, he used to sing every word and every note like his life was depending on it. It's like the way he sings now is not the full MK experience anymore.

It's been almost a decade. I learned to accept it. He's still a fantastic singer, and I still connect with the way he writes music. I don't expect the new projects these guys are in to top any of their prime albums. I had high hopes for Myles' first solo album because that one was written in 2009, but then again, even those vocals were recorded in 2016 or 2017. The songwriting on YOTT is a nice surprise so far for me (especially having heard the previews).
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

antiwal
Loyal Follower

Post by antiwal »

Gee, not been on here for a while and sad to see there's a lot of disdain for Myles' new tunes. His album is shaping up exactly how I expected it - a more singer/songwriter vibe and I like it. There's no harm in hearing a softer side for a change, the 3 songs I've heard are well crafted, written played and sung. Its a nice departure. I think this will accompany Mark's Dying Machine very nicely!