Myles Kennedy - "Year of the Tiger"

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Myles Kennedy - "Year of the Tiger"

Post by anguyen92 »

Myles has announced some solo shows from his Facebook and they are in South Africa?????

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialMylesK ... =3&theater

I checked the capacity of these venues. These are pretty sizable for a solo acoustic act that's really starting. I would not doubt that the building will be filled if AB or Slash/Myles/Conspirators came to these venues, but Myles as a solo act? These promoters in South Africa must really have faith in him.

In any case, for the people of South Africa that wants to see him, this is your chance to see Myles and I'm sure there's plenty of tickets available at any given time from now till showtime. You may not get another shot unless Slash comes to there or AB (don't know why AB did not play there this year. Logistic and timing issues?)

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I hope he's safe in that country. I wouldn't go there.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

I know a lot of fans on Facebook saw that and were like "WTF, South Africa?" and Tim replied saying there are plenty more big date announcements coming soon. :)
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

Ah, thanks for that quote about his mother's perspective. I wondered about "I got my kin to save." which wouldn't make sense from a little boy's perspective, seemed broader, but makes perfect sense as his mother's. Video kind of suggests the child's view but the lyrics are always right :)

One of the comments on the YouTube video was about cringing at the guitar being dragged on the road and I really hope the reply from the Myles Kennedy account is from the man himself.
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

Thomz87
Bought The CDs

Post by Thomz87 »

nagpo wrote:I hope he's safe in that country. I wouldn't go there.
Well, I am a co-owner of a travel agency here in Switzerland, and we have a lot of bookings for South Africa. I can tell you, it's perfectly safe there :)

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Jaded Rescue wrote:I think the song could actually be seen as being from his mother's perspective.
You were right! :bow
agny wrote:Ah, thanks for that quote about his mother's perspective. I wondered about "I got my kin to save." which wouldn't make sense from a little boy's perspective, seemed broader, but makes perfect sense as his mother's.
Yeah, thanks for the clarification!
I believed that it was the little boy who has a kin to save. Kids who lose their parents tend sometimes to think now they need to take care of the rest of family and take too much responsibility so it sounded credible to me.
agny wrote:One of the comments on the YouTube video was about cringing at the guitar being dragged on the road and I really hope the reply from the Myles Kennedy account is from the man himself.
You think it might be him? There are many "his" comments there so I highly doubt it is Myles himself. I recall him saying he's not too much of a social media guy. I have to admit "he" nailed it with that reply :lol
Btw. it's really tough for me to look at him when he's dragging that acousting on the road as well. There should be a disclaimer at the end: "No guitar was harmed in the making of this video".

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

Tigra wrote:
Jaded Rescue wrote:I think the song could actually be seen as being from his mother's perspective.
You were right! :bow
agny wrote:Ah, thanks for that quote about his mother's perspective. I wondered about "I got my kin to save." which wouldn't make sense from a little boy's perspective, seemed broader, but makes perfect sense as his mother's.
Yeah, thanks for the clarification!
I believed that it was the little boy who has a kin to save. Kids who lose their parents tend sometimes to think now they need to take care of the rest of family and take too much responsibility so it sounded credible to me.
agny wrote:One of the comments on the YouTube video was about cringing at the guitar being dragged on the road and I really hope the reply from the Myles Kennedy account is from the man himself.
You think it might be him? There are many "his" comments there so I highly doubt it is Myles himself. I recall him saying he's not too much of a social media guy. I have to admit "he" nailed it with that reply :lol
Btw. it's really tough for me to look at him when he's dragging that acousting on the road as well. There should be a disclaimer at the end: "No guitar was harmed in the making of this video".
What was the actual comment?

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

"She gave her life for Rock 'n Roll!"

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Tigra wrote:You think it might be him? There are many "his" comments there so I highly doubt it is Myles himself. I recall him saying he's not too much of a social media guy. I have to admit "he" nailed it with that reply :lol
That's a funny thing about that. On his social media pages (his Facebook, Youtube, and Twitter account), he's been promoting the title track and the album a lot and gave a good amount of "thank you for x (Spotify, Apple Music, etc.) for putting the Year of the Tiger song in a certain playlist." I don't even think he gave this much effort in social media at this level in his main bands (then again, Slash does the majority of the promoting and AB has Michael Tremonti to handle that end).

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

??? wtf

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Blackbirddd wrote:
??? wtf
Well, South Africa has big crime-issues. Still it's one of the safest and well developed countries in Africa. I don't think that you get problems if you avoid the crime hotspots.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

It's probably less safe in the United States right now than in South Africa lmao.

I hope he doesn't get eaten by a lion i guess

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

AB23 wrote:
I hope he doesn't get eaten by a lion i guess
:lol A tiger would probably be more ironic.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

How come I am seeing this particular video right now? Myles attempting to play the trumpet in hopes that if it all worked well, he could have incorporated it in the album. It goes as well as one would hope for a guy that has not played it about 3 decades.

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialMylesK ... 203624424/

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/ge ... tists.html

Wow. I can’t believe we’re learning all this now. It’s so interesting to hear him open up about his past like this. All the themes of struggling with faith are really staring to make sense now.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

WaywardOne wrote:https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/ge ... tists.html

Wow. I can’t believe we’re learning all this now. It’s so interesting to hear him open up about his past like this. All the themes of struggling with faith are really staring to make sense now.
He said this years ago and his father and why he doesn't follow religion anymore because of it. I want to say this was talked WDDTW was put out.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

The same thing happened to James Hetfield's father.
Hence the song "The God That Failed" on the Black Album.

hackingislife
TABN.com Citizen

Post by hackingislife »

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Sigh.... decisions, decisions. Do I buy the bundle at his site that includes a t-shirt, or do I go with buying the album at Best Buy to get extra tracks (like I have with all of the albums I have bought in my lifetime so far?).

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

chtimixeur wrote:The same thing happened to James Hetfield's father.
Hence the song "The God That Failed" on the Black Album.
I think it was his mother actually, though I could be wrong.