Myles Kennedy - "Year of the Tiger"

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
GassMoney92
Brand New Start

Re: Myles Kennedy - "Year of the Tiger"

Post by GassMoney92 »

This day and age with the internet you can find almost anything but I have my autographed cd and Love Can Only Heal t-shirt showing up tomorrow. Also got my tickets for the Dundee show May 25th! I just got 10x more excited :D

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Mr. Slash wrote:
GassMoney92 wrote:Just listened to the entire album. Absolutely stunning!! Every song is great, although Turning Stones and The Great Beyond really hit the sweet spot for me. All these years waiting for this album and it’s perfect.
Myles created quite a masterpiece. :mkrules
Where did you get the album from? It will be released tomorrow.
A lot of pre-orders have been shipped to people over the past couple days. Plus depending on where this user lives, it's already after midnight on Friday in some parts of the world for digital purchases.

Edit: Or I could have clicked to the next page. :lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

did that dude just admit to downloading the cd? isn't that against the rules? I remember people getting in trouble for that. Or was that sharing info on where to get the stuff?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: My childhood all over

Post by Timotheus »

We're so close to the release date. Pls no fighting :(
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

nagpo wrote:did that dude just admit to downloading the cd? isn't that against the rules? I remember people getting in trouble for that. Or was that sharing info on where to get the stuff?
Yes.

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

What’s the big fucking deal? He bought the CD anyway! Doesn’t change anything if he downloaded the album or not... Lots of people already got their order from napalm anyway and lots of shops are already selling the album

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

DarkKnight12 wrote:What’s the big fucking deal? He bought the CD anyway! Doesn’t change anything if he downloaded the album or not... Lots of people already got their order from napalm anyway and lots of shops are already selling the album
This. It would be more of an issue if there was still couple months until the release, but the CD comes out tomorrow lol.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

buncer
Brand New Start

Post by buncer »

The main issue here should be implying that the album has leaked, hence encouraging others to search for it. But he clearly had no intention of doing that. I listened to the album already too, and have been really eager to start a discussion about it, but refraining from it in order not to spoil anything.
Can you deny the denial? I didn't think so...

GassMoney92
Brand New Start

Post by GassMoney92 »

LOL I didn't download anything or say where you could find it. I know how upset you guys get about leaks, I was just trying to give some positive input! Didn't mean to cause any friction :shrug

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

GassMoney92 wrote:LOL I didn't download anything or say where you could find it. I know how upset you guys get about leaks, I was just trying to give some positive input! Didn't mean to cause any friction :shrug
:lol You're fine, we just had an...episode a year or two back that we're keen to avoid a repeat of :D Glad you liked!
For all of the hope that it brings...

GassMoney92
Brand New Start

Post by GassMoney92 »

Understandable! I can't wait to get my package tomorrow :)

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Brief thoughts so that I don't give too much away to those that won't hear till tomorrow:

So many beautiful songs, and some of Myles' strongest lyrics in I don't know how long. He always shines when he's writing about those close to his heart and he's taken that even further with this. This is as much of a love letter to his mum as a memorial of his dad.

Of the ones previously unreleased -

The Great Beyond - Fantastic lyrically and whilst it is more of an Alter Bridge-y style than the rest, it's also very much got his own stamp particularly in the verses. And so good.

Blind Faith - Begins like Beggars and Hangers On and suits Myles to a tee. Chorus sounds great, and them bridge lyrics though...

Ghost of Shangri La - I see this as a kind of dreamy double with Turning Stones. I think I'd have struggled with it a bit had it been released pre-album, but it fits so seamlessly once listening through.

Turning Stones - Myles channelling Paul Simon? This is pretty stunning all round. That last chorus live could be something special. Lyrically, again, great. Props to Tim on the bass.

Mother - The groove and melody to this is so good. Just so good. Banjo breakdown. Begins like acoustic Addicted to Pain, which is great.

Nothing but a Name - With a nod to Jeff Buckley in the refrain, this almost feels like the older, wearier version of Blind Faith. "God damn I miss you now" - this is everything.

Songbird - Lyrics and melody, again, on top form, and some joyous fills on the acoustic. I feel like this is an ode to his fans, the bridge in particular.

One Fine Day - Is he sweeping here? SWEEPING ACOUSTICALLY, MYLES? This is a fitting close, musically and thematically, to the album. And I am all about that bridge.

All told - This is really, really good. So personal lyrically and different for him musically, and he pulls it all off. Bizarrely proud of him.
For all of the hope that it brings...

GassMoney92
Brand New Start

Post by GassMoney92 »

Ubik wrote:Brief thoughts so that I don't give too much away to those that won't hear till tomorrow:

So many beautiful songs, and some of Myles' strongest lyrics in I don't know how long. He always shines when he's writing about those close to his heart and he's taken that even further with this. This is as much of a love letter to his mum as a memorial of his dad.

Of the ones previously unreleased -

The Great Beyond - Fantastic lyrically and whilst it is more of an Alter Bridge-y style than the rest, it's also very much got his own stamp particularly in the verses. And so good.

Blind Faith - Begins like Beggars and Hangers On and suits Myles to a tee. Chorus sounds great, and them bridge lyrics though...

Ghost of Shangri La - I see this as a kind of dreamy double with Turning Stones. I think I'd have struggled with it a bit had it been released pre-album, but it fits so seamlessly once listening through.

Turning Stones - Myles channelling Paul Simon? This is pretty stunning all round. That last chorus live could be something special. Lyrically, again, great. Props to Tim on the bass.

Mother - The groove and melody to this is so good. Just so good. Banjo breakdown. Begins like acoustic Addicted to Pain, which is great.

Nothing but a Name - With a nod to Jeff Buckley in the refrain, this almost feels like the older, wearier version of Blind Faith. "God damn I miss you now" - this is everything.

Songbird - Lyrics and melody, again, on top form, and some joyous fills on the acoustic. I feel like this is an ode to his fans, the bridge in particular.

One Fine Day - Is he sweeping here? SWEEPING ACOUSTICALLY, MYLES? This is a fitting close, musically and thematically, to the album. And I am all about that bridge.

All told - This is really, really good. So personal lyrically and different for him musically, and he pulls it all off. Bizarrely proud of him.

Yes, I agree completely! I instantly fell in love with Turning Stones.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Only 2.5 hours to go here in California, before I can listen to it on Spotify. Pick up the album first thing in the morning at Best Buy and listen to it again on the way to the Big Wreck show. It's going to be a fine Friday.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

GassMoney92 wrote:
Ubik wrote:Turning Stones - Myles channelling Paul Simon?.
I instantly fell in love with Turning Stones.
Bon Iver actually came to mind during the first verse. Great song :)

olof79
Rise Today

Post by olof79 »

Ubik wrote:Brief thoughts so that I don't give too much away to those that won't hear till tomorrow:

Good spot.. and one of my favourite Snakepit songs from back in the day and Randy Jackson did it even better. (then original)

Its on Spotify now.. here in Europe. Going thru it now, exciting!

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

hackingislife wrote:So, not sure if it's been mentioned yet. I was listening to "Haunted by Design" pretty loud on large speakers instead of headphones earlier, and noticed that near the end of the solo--right as it's rising up the frets--there's a voice in the background. Kind of the like the voice at the very end of the song, but this one had melody near the end. I haven't had a chance to listen to it again because I had to go to work, but I wanted to see if anybody else has noticed that as of yet?

EDIT: To I guess clarify a little, it wasn't a harmonizing background vocal. It sounded iirc like a word or a phrase. Think almost like the layered vocal at the end of "Lover," but not as many words.
I just posted about this on the Army of 12 FB page. Someone says something about "double rattle". Reminds me of I think Carolina off WoF where at the end you hear "please tell me you got the sirens"
Last edited by Kreuger on Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

As it stands right now, after one listen through, my personal favorites are;

Love Can Only Heal
Nothing But A Name
The Great Beyond

But with that being said, they're all decent songs lyrically, instrumentally, and vocally, but I don't think I'll find myself listening to this album on repeat for days on end like the past projects Myles has been associated with :shrug :/

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

IT DOWNLOADED YAY BYE

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:As it stands right now, after one listen through, my personal favorites are;

Love Can Only Heal
Nothing But A Name
The Great Beyond

But with that being said, they're all decent songs lyrically, instrumentally, and vocally, but I don't think I'll find myself listening to this album on repeat for days on end like the past projects Myles has been associated with :shrug :/
I was a bit worried that this album wouldn't be up my alley, given the first single (still a great song just not what I expected. This album is amazing though. Give it a few listens front to back.