Myles Kennedy - "Year of the Tiger"

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: Myles Kennedy - "Year of the Tiger"

Post by Ubik »

Didn't he say there was one (or maybe two?) that aren't in chronological order and jump to the present? Can't for the life of me remember which song or what interview it was in, but I'm sure I remember him mentioning it.

Also cannot believe he's just had this lying around for a decade, and could've even binned it with the rest. Madness.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Silvercreed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Silvercreed »

Man... this an amazing song. Stunning vocals.
The solo is good to improvise.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Finally. A song with immediate impact. I'm in agreement saying that THIS, Love Can Only Heal is gorgeous and exactly how I've hoped an MK solo album would sound. I dunno how a song like this could just be up on a shelf for nine long years. No longer am I apprehensive about the rest of the record! Amazing stuff.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

So happy this sounds so much better than the previous 3 songs ! Hoping for more of this ! Hope he won’t skip this one on stage for the coming weeks.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

FINALLY! This is Myles Kennedy doing what he does best. The voice, the emotion, tasteful guitar. Still a bit modern production-wise for me but what a beautiful song from the master. Why the hell did he not release the last solo album if this is the kind of stuff on it?

No nasal vocals, beautiful detail with the breaking of the voice on beginnings and endings of phrases, a full commitment to the emotion of the song, those harmonies in the second chorus are absolutely perfect, space in the music (sort of, from an arrangement perspective at least).

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Crumbso wrote:FINALLY! This is Myles Kennedy doing what he does best. The voice, the emotion, tasteful guitar. Still a bit modern production-wise for me but what a beautiful song from the master. Why the hell did he not release the last solo album if this is the kind of stuff on it?
He said it ran away from him a bit, he kept on adding layers to tracks in pro-tools and it ended up a lot heavier than he originally intended. This song is the original demo vocal from way back when, and the music has been stripped back and rebuilt around it for this album.

Still get what you mean, it's exactly the kind of songwriting I wanted. Wouldn't feel out of place on a third Mayfield Four record. Kinda hope fan reaction makes him play it during his solo acoustic bits at future Alter Bridge shows :cloud9

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Ubik wrote:Kinda hope fan reaction makes him play it during his solo acoustic bits at future Alter Bridge shows :cloud9
As much as I like and appreciate Myles and Mark's solo endeavours, I always feel a tinge of disappointment that their better solo efforts aren't Alter Bridge songs.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Yeah I hope he keeps it to himself. But plays it with a whole band, not just TT.

hackingislife
TABN.com Citizen

Post by hackingislife »

So, not sure if it's been mentioned yet. I was listening to "Haunted by Design" pretty loud on large speakers instead of headphones earlier, and noticed that near the end of the solo--right as it's rising up the frets--there's a voice in the background. Kind of the like the voice at the very end of the song, but this one had melody near the end. I haven't had a chance to listen to it again because I had to go to work, but I wanted to see if anybody else has noticed that as of yet?

EDIT: To I guess clarify a little, it wasn't a harmonizing background vocal. It sounded iirc like a word or a phrase. Think almost like the layered vocal at the end of "Lover," but not as many words.

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

I’m amazed the album hasn’t leaked yet

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

It had been shipped !
Napalm always trying to get it on your doorstep on release-date !
Super company !

Nicklord
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Nicklord »

Was checking instagram to see if there's a setlist yet (no there isn't) but I saw that someone got the wooden box already! I guess the leak is imminent

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf_rIJ-hxT8 ... leskennedy

Silvercreed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Silvercreed »

The setlist according to setlist.fm:

Standing in the Sun
Before Tomorrow Comes
All Ends Well
Addicted to Pain
Life Must Go On
Rise Today
Starlight
Open Your Eyes
Traveling Riverside Blues
Year of the Tiger
Eden
Levon (Elton John cover)
Haunted By Design

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Tim said that setlist is incomplete.

i got my package from Napalm today! surprised to get it 3 days early!
Photobucket cash grab.

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

Wow lucky you! Hope someone leaks it soon I cannot wait anymore! (And yes i’ll Buy the album even if it leaks of course)

Nicklord
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Nicklord »

I hope I'll wake up to a leak. 3 days is too long

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

DarkKnight12 wrote:Wow lucky you! Hope someone leaks it soon I cannot wait anymore! (And yes i’ll Buy the album even if it leaks of course)
Why are you outright saying that you hope someone leak it? Why can't people have the patience to wait the three days?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Welp....I just realized 3 days before the release date that the shipping information has some wrong information on it :slam but the billing information was all correct. So I emailed the email address that they say to email if you have any questions or concerns. But now I'm super anxious for a response. :/ :( :facepalm I most likely won't be receiving my package(s) any time soon close to the release date :/ But on the bright side I'll have my iTunes pre-order :/
Last edited by SHEAKENBAKEN on Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Let's not have this leak debate again, else people will end up on lists...

buncer
Brand New Start

Post by buncer »

I personally would like it to get leaked because I'm about to have a long road trip and I would have a good new music to listen to. Leaks are particularly harmful for bad albums because they would discourage the potential buyers, so no need to worry for Myles's.
Can you deny the denial? I didn't think so...