Myles Kennedy - "Year of the Tiger"

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Myles Kennedy - "Year of the Tiger"

Post by facelessman07 »

Hopefully the vox are more MF4/early AB than the releases of the past few years.

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

TenaciousBe wrote:For sure. I really hope the solo tour is in some nice small theater settings.
:yeahthat
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Referring to this (as it has already been confirmed to be true):
austinjhnsn wrote:year of the tiger... 1974. According to wiki Myles lost his father when he was four which would line up to be 1974. I think this is the solo album according to the interview where he talked about the subject matter having a bit to do with that.
At that time Myles was 4-5 years old. I remember barely anything from the time when I was a toddler although I didn’t experience such a trauma as death of father – maybe it’s a horse of a different color then. But still it’s puzzling to me how uneasy he must have felt about it for all those years that he decided (had a need? an urge?) to cover this particular topic.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

He seems to have his own official page now:

https://myleskennedy.com/

A lot of new stuff on there. Pictures, merch... A lot of information about new songs in the "about" section as well.

Edit:

1 Year Of The Tiger
2 The Great Beyond
3 Blind Faith
4 Devil On The Wall
5 Ghost of Shangri La
6 Turning Stones
7 Haunted By Design
8 Mother
9 Nothing But A Name
10 Love Can Only Heal
11 Songbird
12 One Fine Day

https://shop.napalmrecords.com/myleskennedy

Out on March 9th.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Comes out around my birthday. Sweet. :D
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Any magicians here able to decipher the lyrics to "Year of the Tiger"?

From here https://myleskennedy.com/collections/mo ... design-tee

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

9th of March. Well, that's a release date i can live with.

Jaredr24
Loyal Follower

Post by Jaredr24 »

Ordered the limited box set. I’ve waited for this album for 8 years so I’m gonna make sure I get every bit of this album :lol
~{AB fan - Go Tops! #WKU}~
”I’ll rest my eyes and let the earth breathe”

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

So that means single in January (roughly)? Maybe Christmas?

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Yeah, Myles Kennedy - "Jingle Bells" ;)

JGremore
TABN.com Citizen

Post by JGremore »

I spoke with Myles after the AB show in Birmingham and asked when we could expect the first single and he said "crazy soon". I'm willing to bet around the end of the current AB tour.

JGremore
TABN.com Citizen

Post by JGremore »

JGremore wrote:I spoke with Myles after the AB show in Birmingham and asked when we could expect the first single and he said "crazy soon". I'm willing to bet around the end of the current AB tour.
He was also super excited when talking about it!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I hope he releases one soon. Not because I want to hear it (because of course I do), but because there's some really expensive stuff on his site, and there's no music yet to go along with it. Of course he's not a new artist and we all know his voice, but it still feels kinda weird.

Edit: Tim just posted these lyrics on the AO12 Facebook page:

"In the year of the tiger
I won't weep and moan
Got no time for cooling heals I've got to roam"

Personally I don't like to get into lyrics too much without the context of the music, but I liked that.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Nicklord
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Nicklord »

Tigra wrote:Referring to this (as it has already been confirmed to be true):
austinjhnsn wrote:year of the tiger... 1974. According to wiki Myles lost his father when he was four which would line up to be 1974. I think this is the solo album according to the interview where he talked about the subject matter having a bit to do with that.
At that time Myles was 4-5 years old. I remember barely anything from the time when I was a toddler although I didn’t experience such a trauma as death of father – maybe it’s a horse of a different color then. But still it’s puzzling to me how uneasy he must have felt about it for all those years that he decided (had a need? an urge?) to cover this particular topic.
I'd imagine losing your father follows you for quite some time. I don't think it's only about that period when he was 4-5, it's probably stories from whole childhood

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

Pleased to hear the album is coming out soon. For some reason I thought it would come out towards the middle of 2018, so March is a pleasant surprise. I look forward to hearing it. Hopefully he'll do a UK tour as well.

Electricladyland
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Electricladyland »

Bought the shirt and signed CD! Im excited!

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Nicklord wrote:I'd imagine losing your father follows you for quite some time. I don't think it's only about that period when he was 4-5, it's probably stories from whole childhood
You might be right.
I just thought that since his mother quite quickly got married again, he didn't feel so much "abandoned" so to say.
Well, nothing left to do but to wait for the release to know more from Myles himself ;)

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

With Year of the Tiger, Myles Kennedy opens himself up in ways that would be painfully, shockingly personal and intimate for anyone, much less for a revered rock and roll frontman. “Songs like ‘Blind Faith’ or ‘Nothing But a Name’ are almost like open letters to my father, expressing an ache that’s never subsided,” he says. “This record is my attempt to convey things that I’ve needed to express for a long time. What I found hiding in the deep, dark corners of my psyche was difficult to face, but in the end, what came out of the creative process was very cathartic.
I remember him saying in an interview a few years ago that he had tried to write about the death of his father, but that he'd never been able to actually do it.
The first few years of a life are so important in shaping a personality. "Death" itself is a confusing concept for young children as well. Everybody reacts differently to a trauma, but I can't imagine something like that not sticking with somebody, even if it's "just" subconsciously.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

So we're coming back to what I wrote at the beginning. It seems this has haunted him for years and being a mother myself I feel sorry for that little boy inside him that suffered so much and at the same time I'm happy this creative process brought at least some relief to him.

Whether "death" is confusing to children - wouldn't you say that it's rather a personal thing? Isn't it more about sensitivity? After all he's an artist so he feels things more intensively than the man in the street and so he could have been more sensitive as a kid as well.

This whole thing is heart-breaking. I should stop thinking about him as a confused, deeply hurt toddler. Damn it, he's older than me! ;)

hamptonfive
Brand New Start

Post by hamptonfive »

Tigra wrote:Any magicians here able to decipher the lyrics to "Year of the Tiger"?

From here https://myleskennedy.com/collections/mo ... design-tee
I think i have the lyrics figured out!