DMC ft. Myles Kennedy "Flames"

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Re: DMC ft. Myles Kennedy "Flames"

Post by Mr. Slash »

chtimixeur wrote:The song is cringeworthy, and I dislike Myles' voice more and more, whereas he was one of my favourite singers 10 years ago. I now understand why people couldn't stand him when he performed GNR songs.
Lol, you are maybe the most negative user on this board ever. Elvis is a butcher, and Myles is becoming a bad singer. Okay then.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

His voice does sound really sharp, but I feel like that's partly because of the mix. I think they boosted the high end in his voice way too much.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Mr. Slash wrote: Lol, you are maybe the most negative user on this board ever. Elvis is a butcher, and Myles is becoming a bad singer. Okay then.
"Mark hasn't wrote a good song since the Blackbird era" or something like that is one I would see regarding detractors. On the one hand, I don't mind reading comments like that. On the other hand, with a mentality where I felt that Mark has not wrote a bad song at all ever since I got into AB and Tremonti (and even Creed's Full Circle had some decent songs, despite me being sour over that whole thing), reading those kinds of comments gives me a certain feeling that I do not like. :shifty

olof79
Rise Today

Post by olof79 »

Really longing for AB after that.. sound like Myles AB voice I thought.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

@Mr. Slash : to me, Myles has different ways of singing. In the Mayfield Four and ODR records, he had a certain subtlety that is totally missing in his recent ouputs. When he sings with Slash, he uses a "hard rock style" that I find very generic and unappealing. His groove and the way he pronounces words is just different. Unfortunately, he's been using that style more and more over the years.

That's why I'm anticipating his solo album like crazy. I have no more hope for any greatness on the forecoming AB and Slash records : I pretty much much know what to expect, and it's just gonna be decent/good like anything Mark-related since 2007. But Myles has said his solo album was similar to the MF4 albums, and to me, that's when his vocals were at their peak. I just want to hear that voice once again.

As to Elvis, well, if you can't hear he's bad at his job, good for you. I guess that allows you to enjoy the music despite its obvious sonical flaws.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

Loving this one. The only Myles guest spot I was not aware of before today. THAT CHORUS IS FUCKING AWESOME!
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.