SMK&C 2015 Tour

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: SMK&C 2015 Tour

Post by Ubik »

anguyen92 wrote: I got a confession to make. When I read the initial post and quote it here, I blatantly edited it to omit that part. I'm sorry. :/
You were justified!
For all of the hope that it brings...

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

uctalum01 wrote:unless that quote came from Slash himself, which it didn't, they shouldn't be saying that Slash confirmed it.

anyway.... I know exactly who this source is and saw this exact quote a few days ago. the SMK&C album isn't releasing in the spring as this article is saying they did. it's recording in the spring. BIG difference.
Yea, I mostly meant that he confirmed that 2016 will be an AB year.
Nguyen wrote:What's the problem with trying too hard to separate them? I don't want any Slash-influence in AB V and I would think Myles has good guitar ideas for AB V, somewhere in stock, even after getting the solo album done.
Music doesn't work that way. You just have to let stuff come naturally. When you don't do stuff because it sounds like something you might do with your other band, you're limiting yourself. Why wouldn't you want any Slash influence on AB V anyway? Myles was a huge GNR fan before he joined Slash, so the influence was already there, and is part of the AB sound.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Krissie
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Krissie »

From Todd's blog:

" SMKC is about halfway through writing the new album and the material is sounding better than ever. That’s a big statement considering how much I love Apocalyptic Love AND World On Fire but I really believe that SMKC III is going to be the best album yet. 2016 will be a a long year of cooking up the new record as a new Alter Bridge record will be released and toured before we get SMKC III into your hot little hands."

http://www.toddkerns.com/blog/?p=527

This makes me think we're getting the new AB album sooner than we expected.

mockingbird
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mockingbird »

It's because Slash is re-joining GnR. If everything's true. Which means a GNR reunion causes an AB album. What more can you ask for?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

mockingbird wrote:It's because Slash is re-joining GnR. If everything's true. Which means a GNR reunion causes an AB album. What more can you ask for?
The AB album is going to happen anyway with or without the GNR reunion anyway, it's just the plans around the summer of 2016 seems a bit iffy for the guys in AB with the exception of Mark touring Dust.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

mockingbird wrote:It's because Slash is re-joining GnR. If everything's true. Which means a GNR reunion causes an AB album. What more can you ask for?
GN'R album and long world tour.

Allowing Myles' album and tour, and more Alter Bridge to rig online votes on.
For all of the hope that it brings...

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

There have been a few festival dates announced for Tremonti in summer 2016 in Europe.. So definitely no AB V before that.

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

Oh well.. Anyone remember that Mark spoke about one of the biggest bands he's going to tour with that summer?
All those festival dates have Iron Maiden on the list..

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Iron Maiden crowds are the worst.
For his sake, I hope he's not opening for them, or else he's gonna get booed off stage every night.

Rosenblaetter
Loyal Follower

Post by Rosenblaetter »

I saw Slash & Co over a week ago in Poland.

Tickets were definitely too expensive - it may be the reason why the arena was half full, but I think the real factor was that people got bored with Slash, touring here every year.
Taking a break is a good move for Slash in my opinion, not to mention Myles.

The show was decent - Slash was sloppy as fuck and bored me to death with his 11 minutes of soloing. Myles, on the other hand, was flawless and stole the show, his voice was surprisingly strong.
I don't like Slash but it was worth to go. From the first minute I realized how much I missed Myles. He is still the same, modest, lovely guy we all know.
Starlight was a definite highlight:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/ZM6AQJtAv5o[/youtube]
FYI I'm a woman.
--------------------
Past shows: Alter Bridge 10.11 NL, Kensington 11.11 NL, Alter Bridge 16.11 PL
Future shows: Kensington 15.02 DE, Kensington 17.02 PL, Rival Sons 18.02 PL

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Myles really sounds amazing in this video.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Oh wow, I didn't expect that video to end at all right before the solo. I was so into it.

Myles sounded amazing indeed. I like that he sang the bridge exactly like he did in the studio version. He usually always adds a few extra notes and dodges a few. Thanks for the review, Rosenblaetter!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, here's apparently where we are at regarding schedules and stuff like that.
Slash’s Conspirators bandmate Todd Kerns claimed that ‘schedules’ are a big reason Slash featuring Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators will being taking a bit of a break from their usual breakneck speed of recording and touring. Kearns discussed this in a new interview with Ruutu.

Kearns said the only reason they are taking a break is because they are “stuck in traffic” with Myles’ schedule with Alter Bridge.

He says Slash featuring Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators will release their album after Alter Bridge gets theirs out. They already have 10-12 songs written.

He also says if it was up to Slash the band would cyclically record, tour, record, tour forever ”

“The only thing keeping him from doing that is schedules and other people.”
http://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n ... schedules/

For the bolded, praise AB for that then. It's a funny thing about perception. Slash/Myles/Conspirators cannot be active when AB is around, yet, for me and my narrow mind, all is right in the world when AB is about and active.

Rosenblaetter
Loyal Follower

Post by Rosenblaetter »

We are so sorry Todd, to stand in your way.
It must be so annoying when Myles goes away and dares to tour wiith his prime band once in 4 years.
FYI I'm a woman.
--------------------
Past shows: Alter Bridge 10.11 NL, Kensington 11.11 NL, Alter Bridge 16.11 PL
Future shows: Kensington 15.02 DE, Kensington 17.02 PL, Rival Sons 18.02 PL

Nicklord
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Nicklord »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-Mc_R5f7xE

Off topic. Myles looks like he is working out hard again :D

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCMSMSYlKvQ
From the same concert. Damn, Myles' voice is extremely high.

sugarandcyanide
Bought The CDs

Post by sugarandcyanide »

I was a SMKC fan before I found AB and I'm totally cool with AB getting its time.
SMKC

07/20/14 - Northfield, OH
09/26/15 - Northfield, OH
08/01/19 - Northfield, OH

Myles - YOTT

11/19/18 - Cleveland, OH

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

Re: Todd interview article.... never trust secondary/tertiary sources, especially when they don't even spell the subject's name correctly. So much of the internet, and a whole lot of music "publications" online, are just bad paraphrases of other websites which summarize actual interviews. Anyway, I listed to the whole original interview on the Finnish radio site (http://www.ruutu.fi/video/2333764, around 14:40 and not much after that if you want to listen yourself but skip to it). Todd talked about AB & SKMC alternating, but that they were a little closer together on album cycles this time around. Not some jab at AB. And he mentioned "The schedules of other people...." Hmmm, what other scheduling info was Todd was sitting on a few weeks back?
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I miss this song.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/Eik8afqHN4k[/youtube]
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

This song took soooo long to grow on me. Somehow the album version doesn't appeal to me. dunno why.