SMK&C 2015 Tour

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: SMK&C 2015 Tour

Post by Timotheus »

Which is ironic, because he sounds a lot more nasal with Slash than with AB.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Kreuger33
Loyal Follower

Post by Kreuger33 »

anguyen92 wrote:
Timotheus wrote:Ridiculous. So Slash and AB are gonna release an album in the same year. Guess who's gonna get all the focus?
If I'm going to have to drive this point to the ground, I'm going to.

AB needs to make the most of this 5th album cycle (like Halestorm is making the most of their current album cycle) or they are going to continue this current process of treading water and not moving forward and not reach the heights that they should and that will irritate me a lot if that happens. This may be their last chance to get to that higher plateau, but they are not going to get there if they don't really commit themselves in the touring sense (like doing headlining shows in their usual areas and hitting new turfs like doing and filling headlining shows in Canada, South America, Poland, etc.).

Stuff like Slash wanting to release another album in the same year will get in the way of that, imo.
Fortress was easily the album to put them to the top and they did fuck all with it. Theyre not gonna get any bigger, anymore.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Kreuger33 wrote: Fortress was easily the album to put them to the top and they did fuck all with it. Theyre not gonna get any bigger, anymore.
Pretty much. Marketing should not interfere with music but the promotion of Fortress and the tour were so incredibly weak (as in case of ABIII) that they shouldn't be surprised if the next ones are going to be even worse.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

snowman
Bought The CDs

Post by snowman »

Found this video from the show SMK&C played in Mumbai a few days ago. It's different from normal concert videos you see where it's behind the stage and you can hear the crowd really clearly. Would've been cool to be at the show with this crowd!

[youtube]http://youtu.be/JXjUMWfPwwo[/youtube]

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

And people wonder why Myles loves playing with Slash so much. Incredible crowd. Beautiful!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

Bloody hell, I'm assuming that's what the band would be hearing each night? I have to agree with you there Timotheus

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Just watched these boys in Bangalore. They killed it. Myles brought his A game. He is a phenomenal live performer. He hit every single note, the only issue I guess would be that his voice turns really thin, well I guess thats what happens with age. Regardless, killer set, It'd be awesome to see these guys again soon, and I think Myles stole the show.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Them Bones wrote: well I guess thats what happens with age.
I hope this is not caused by his age. So many singers were able to Keep their voice over the years, you can't tell me that someone like Myles, who basically lives for his voice loses the strength in it.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Mr. Slash wrote:
Them Bones wrote: well I guess thats what happens with age.
I hope this is not caused by his age. So many singers were able to Keep their voice over the years, you can't tell me that someone like Myles, who basically lives for his voice loses the strength in it.

I dunno, Chris Cornell has lost quite a bit in his voice, could be a lot of factors.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, well, Slash2Baz, the SlashFrance guy, has spoke with Slash recently and this is what he has to say regarding future events.
Talked to Slash a little bit there.
Plans for 2016 changed a little bit....
Hellwithin filming early 2016, then new Conspirators record in the spring then NO CONSPIRATORS tour cause Myles go back to AB until the end of 2016.
So 2016 will be an AB year.
I can't say more right now.
Well, this seems pretty positive for AB. Still, Mark still is going to release and tour Dust and that will take up most of the middle of 2016. I guess the only option left for Myles is to finally release that solo album and do the acoustic tour, during the interim, in hypothesis.

Could be an awesome year in the AB camp if everything goes well in 2016. Dust, Myles' solo, and, most importantly, AB V. God, I hope AB commit a lot in promoting this one and play a lot of shows. I know past history has not shown that way, but I want to believe damn it. Like I stated, in an earlier post, believing is all I got left in this band for the time being.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Let's see if they can reverse the grown impression that AB has become the side-project. Hope so !

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Not sure why Slash would release an album if he won't be able to tour it. He released a 17 song album in 2014..

But great news!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

They're recording the album in the spring. No doubt it will be released when they can tour it. My guess is late 2016 at the earliest since it sounds like they won't tour until 2017. Unless Mark is only touring Dust while SMK&C record (which seems lightly unlikely to me) I'm hoping Myles will use that window to finalize the solo album and get it out.

Or just rest. That's not a bad thing either since he's been going nonstop.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

The GNR reunion rumors have been picking up, so it's possible Slash could be making commitments to a 2016 tour with them while he takes a break from touring with the Conspirators for a while.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

How will Myles manage to write and record close to 30 songs for AB and Slash in the first half of 2016 ?
I hope he doesn't run out of ideas and manages to separate AB material from Slash material.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Here's a confirmation from Slash himself: Long ass title that screws up the page

Should be interesting to see what happens in 2017, because there only 4 months left to tour for AB in 2016 if they release the new album around the same time as usual, which I think will happen.
chtimixeur wrote:How will Myles manage to write and record close to 30 songs for AB and Slash in the first half of 2016 ?
I hope he doesn't run out of ideas and manages to separate AB material from Slash material.
I'm a bit worried about this as well.. Not really about him not being able to separate the two but about him trying too hard to separate them.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

unless that quote came from Slash himself, which it didn't, they shouldn't be saying that Slash confirmed it.

anyway.... I know exactly who this source is and saw this exact quote a few days ago. the SMK&C album isn't releasing in the spring as this article is saying they did. it's recording in the spring. BIG difference.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

You know, maybe AB can surprise us, quite unlikely, and announce and release the album a tad earlier, like around August/Early September as oppose to late September/early October and do the US tour first....
Timotheus wrote: I'm a bit worried about this as well.. Not really about him not being able to separate the two but about him trying too hard to separate them.
What's the problem with trying too hard to separate them? I don't want any Slash-influence in AB V and I would think Myles has good guitar ideas for AB V, somewhere in stock, even after getting the solo album done.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

uctalum01 wrote:unless that quote came from Slash himself, which it didn't, they shouldn't be saying that Slash confirmed it.

anyway.... I know exactly who this source is and saw this exact quote a few days ago. the SMK&C album isn't releasing in the spring as this article is saying they did. it's recording in the spring. BIG difference.
Would they really record an album and then wait over 6 months to release it? Would be weird.

Anyway, this would make me feel a little better. Still hate the way the source says Myles "has" to go back to Alter Bridge.

Here's hoping Axl doesn't act like a bellend and they make a mint off the tour.
For all of the hope that it brings...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Ubik wrote: Anyway, this would make me feel a little better. Still hate the way the source says Myles "has" to go back to Alter Bridge.
I got a confession to make. When I read the initial post and quote it here, I blatantly edited it to omit that part. I'm sorry. :/