SMK&C 2015 Tour

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: SMK&C 2015 Tour

Post by Timotheus »

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/to ... 5/page-161

A lot of videos are being uploaded on here (last few pages). Haven't seen them myself yet though, besides World On Fire because I was curious about the bridge Inconquerable was talking about. Thought it was really cool indeed :D
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Krissie
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Krissie »

Finally someone uploaded the full stream. The guy was having some issues and couldn't record Gilby's and Duff's shows, but he thankfully managed the Slash one. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr-7sIZ ... e=youtu.be
I really like this breakdown in World on Fire, I wonder if they do it all the time?
I don't know if it's all the time, but I have seen it several times during this last tour. I really like it too :)

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Re: If not they should! Somebody email them.

Post by Fish Tacos »

Inconquerable wrote:I really like this breakdown in World on Fire, I wonder if they do it all the time?
You're talking about the Myles interaction part? I kinda thought I'd rank that one lowest if I put them all in order across the various crowd participation things he does.
Myles wrote:You fuckers are on fire!

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Am I the only one who thinks that Todd should be quiet more often? Sometimes his backing vocals get really annoying, especially when Myles is singing in his high register aswell.
Btw, was Slash drunk or something? His playing had so much sloppyness sometimes :D

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Mr. Slash wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that Todd should be quiet more often? Sometimes his backing vocals get really annoying, especially when Myles is singing in his high register aswell.
:yeahthat Honestly, most of the time I can't stand listening to live vids just because of Todd's vocals. There are a small few where he sounds good and it fits well, but I wish he would just let Myles sing the majority of the time. I know a lot of it is to help Myles & keep him from singing all of the high notes, but I'd rather Todd not sing at all
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

It's just that he's too loud in the mix sometimes..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

or Zoidberg

Post by Fish Tacos »

You guys should be used to Myles singing with Myles at this point. Why not Todd?!

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Krissie wrote:Finally someone uploaded the full stream. The guy was having some issues and couldn't record Gilby's and Duff's shows, but he thankfully managed the Slash one. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr-7sIZ ... e=youtu.be
Awesome. I watched about 2/3 of this last night. Holy shit, what a crowd. I so need to see a show in South America. I feel like here in the US, people go to concerts to see their favorite bands perform; but in South America, they go to concerts to rock.

I'll admit, it was a bit tough to get through "Rocket Queen". Slash is a hell of a player, but I kind of lost interest halfway through that uber-long solo. I love extended guitar solos, but this one kind of wrecked the pacing of one of my favorite GNR songs.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Much better with seated Slash. Sleated?

Post by Inconquerable »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/ocPgzobZimc[/youtube]

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

That was a lot less sloppy indeed!

Slash's long sustained note after the first solo :bow
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Cariocawlad
Bought The CDs

Post by Cariocawlad »

Last night I went to the Brazil WOF show. And I must say that I'm still breathless till now: Slash is a legend and a guitar monster. That was the first time I saw him live. But hey, I'm a AB fan, so see Mr. Myles Fucking Kennedy singing in front of me was a dream come true.

For those who had any doubts about his live performance, allow me to say: Myles is one of the best frontmen I ever saw. The notes that guy hits, his presence on the stage, he really got the crowd in his hands.

Set list:

1- You're a Lie
2 - Nightrain (Guns N’ Roses cover)
3 – Halo
4 - Ghost
5 - Back from Cali
6 - Wicked Stone
7 - Avalon
8 - Double Talkin' Jive (Guns N’ Roses cover)
9 - You Could Be Mine (Guns N’ Roses cover)
10 - Doctor Alibi (Todd Kerns nos vocais)
11 - Welcome to the Jungle (Guns N’ Roses cover) (Todd Kerns nos vocais)
12 – The Dissident
13 - Beneath the Savage Sun
14 - Rocket Queen (Guns N’ Roses cover)
15 - Battlegroun
16 - World on Fire
17 - Anastasia
18 - Sweet Child O' Mine (Guns N’ Roses cover)
19 - Slither (Velvet Revolver cover)

Bis:
20 – Communication Breakdown (Led Zeppelin cover)
21 - Paradise City (Guns N’ Roses cover)

liz-o
Bought The CDs

Post by liz-o »

So, I have yet to find confirmation of this opening act from any other source... but at the very least, Rams Head Live! just announced that the band Unlocking the Truth has been added to the line-up for Baltimore on May 13th.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1570486 ... 291832170/
UPDATE: Looks like they're definitely opening for more than one date! While May 13th hasn't been added to their website's calendar as of right this second, the SMK&C date for the sold-out Starland Ballroom show in NJ on May 12th is.

http://unlockingthetruthband.com/shows/
I watched their segment on W. Kamau Bell's now-cancelled "Totally Biased" TV show when it came on a year or so ago, and was intrigued. The band is made up of three 12- and 13-year-old boys that play metal. They also are currently doing promo at SXSW for a documentary that was made about them called Breaking a Monster.

Oh, and here's another interesting tidbit: on the band's website, they credit their discovery of the genre with the members' love for WWE and hearing The Edge walk out to Alter Bridge's "Metalingus". Now they're going to open for Myles. :)

Kreuger33
Loyal Follower

Post by Kreuger33 »

Wow that version of Battleground is better. Nice to hear Myles so clearly. If only the rest of it was clear.

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

@liz-o huh, I was skeptical at first but they won me over! I wonder if it will be just one opener or two. What did Slash do on his last run? I missed it, none of the dates worked with work travel.
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

Cariocawlad wrote:Last night I went to the Brazil WOF show. And I must say that I'm still breathless till now: Slash is a legend and a guitar monster. That was the first time I saw him live. But hey, I'm a AB fan, so see Mr. Myles Fucking Kennedy singing in front of me was a dream come true.

For those who had any doubts about his live performance, allow me to say: Myles is one of the best frontmen I ever saw. The notes that guy hits, his presence on the stage, he really got the crowd in his hands.

Set list:

1- You're a Lie
2 - Nightrain (Guns N’ Roses cover)
3 – Halo
4 - Ghost
5 - Back from Cali
6 - Wicked Stone
7 - Avalon
8 - Double Talkin' Jive (Guns N’ Roses cover)
9 - You Could Be Mine (Guns N’ Roses cover)
10 - Doctor Alibi (Todd Kerns nos vocais)
11 - Welcome to the Jungle (Guns N’ Roses cover) (Todd Kerns nos vocais)
12 – The Dissident
13 - Beneath the Savage Sun
14 - Rocket Queen (Guns N’ Roses cover)
15 - Battlegroun
16 - World on Fire
17 - Anastasia
18 - Sweet Child O' Mine (Guns N’ Roses cover)
19 - Slither (Velvet Revolver cover)

Bis:
20 – Communication Breakdown (Led Zeppelin cover)
21 - Paradise City (Guns N’ Roses cover)
Sexta-feira é minha vez amigo!! Myles Fucking Kennedy!!!!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

liz-o wrote: Oh, and here's another interesting tidbit: on the band's website, they credit their discovery of the genre with the members' love for WWE and hearing The Edge walk out to Alter Bridge's "Metalingus". Now they're going to open for Myles. :)
Hahaha, The Edge? The U2 guitarist?

It's just "Edge". Anywho, that's cool. Another example of how Metalingus is really the main song that got a lot of people into AB. If only AB did more things like that to get the younger generation into them or into the hard rock/heavy metal genre.

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

So, in this interview, Slash says that Myles and he are already working in a new CD.

What I can take from this:

- First time Slash is going to release a third CD with a band after Guns n Roses.
- Velvet Revolver is been pushing away to a point that it's not going to make sense to come back (and I don't care about that).
- Myles solo record is going to be release in 2037.
- Alter Bridge will not promote the next CD the way we would like to.

Anyway, I love this synergy that Myles and Slash have, they can make good music together. And because of Slash, I could see Myles live twice in my country. But, at the same time, I fell AB is getting smaller each year and Myles solo record is getting further each time we have a remote chance to hope to a closer release.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/nCLvvLcBJV0[/youtube]

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I don't think we can wait 20 more years for an album that, we hoped, can really showcase a side of Myles that we would love to see outside the AB or Slash confines.

Also, AB not promoting the next CD that the way we would like to? Why do I get this feeling that I do not like having right now? I don't really want anything that puts AB further on the side than they already are now. If anything ruins the flow of them making music and touring, I don't think I can handle it.

On another note, while Myles wished Wolfgang happy birthday and said that the new album is great, I said this. I know he's not going to respond it, but I want to believe damn it!!! Believing is all I have while AB is on a hiatus and my status with a certain someone is really on the rocks with no way up (them Fortress lyrics really hit harder than ever before on that one).

liz-o
Bought The CDs

Post by liz-o »

anguyen92 wrote:Hahaha, The Edge? The U2 guitarist?

It's just "Edge". Anywho, that's cool. Another example of how Metalingus is really the main song that got a lot of people into AB. If only AB did more things like that to get the younger generation into them or into the hard rock/heavy metal genre.
HAHA, whoops! :embarrassed We don't need The Edge wrestling, U2's already got one member out of commission. :rolleyes :P
agny wrote:@liz-o huh, I was skeptical at first but they won me over! I wonder if it will be just one opener or two. What did Slash do on his last run? I missed it, none of the dates worked with work travel.
I'm excited to see them! As far as I can tell from quick Google research, SMK&C had two openers the last time they went to Rams Head in May 2012. That night, however, was the FIRST NIGHT of the entire Apocalyptic Love Tour. Lately, it looks like they've kept it to mostly one opener for smaller venues, and two for arenas. So... maybe two, maybe one? We'll have to wait and see!

And as for all of the bands Myles has signed himself up for, he's ultimately in control. If it weren't for Slash, I never would have found Alter Bridge back in late 2012. And heck, the music from both bands is just too good for me to want to hypothetically "intervene" with how they choose to schedule their time. Myles is seizing the moment and loving it. Why else does the theme of "carpe diem" keep popping up in Myles' lyrics for both AB and SMK&C from the most recent albums? If Myles isn't overthinking the future, I'm not going to pick up the basketball of worry and start bouncing it.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Still waiting for Slash to get a more hard rock singer. I know, this won't happen in the next ~5-10 years but I just don't like the style of singing Myles has since working with Slash. I mean I love World On Fire, but I think Slash would be able to make music on the same high level without Myles.