Myles's solo album

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Myles's solo album

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ansons pocket wrote:Our spies tell us there has been a delay because they are taking all the synth off the record and replacing them with real strings. Really? How much Epicness can they pack into 1 album?
What is this sorcery you speak of? Never heard that before. But I guess that's where your 'spies' come in.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Please, please, please let this be true...
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Timotheus wrote:Please, please, please let this be true...
What's so special about this? And does this mean Myles wont be the only on playing instruments on the album? Like he has someone doing the bass, drums, strings, etc while he does vocals and guitars, and possibly other instruments like piano?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I think people just like real string sounds in lieu of computerized synths. Makes it sound more authentic. If that's what Myles looking at since he finished his last note for AB V, I'm all for it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I mean why have a real drummer when you could just use a drum machine, right? /sarcasm

I hope this is true, I'm really interested in this record because I have no idea what it will really sound like.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Synths can be really cool (so can drum machines), but if they're trying to emulate acoustic instruments, the real thing will get you better results.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Timotheus wrote:Please, please, please let this be true...
What's so special about this? And does this mean Myles wont be the only on playing instruments on the album? Like he has someone doing the bass, drums, strings, etc while he does vocals and guitars, and possibly other instruments like piano?
I don't recall the precise details as it was an awful long time ago since Myles started recorded this album, but I seem to remember that he named dropped the person playing drums on the album. I don't recall Myles ever saying anything suggesting that he is a competent drummer so I'm not sure why having other musicians on the album is a surprise.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

One album in two versions also sounds like an interesting option !?

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

I wouldn't count on that in the final delivery.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

I remember hearing the album was going to be a singer-songwritery kind of thing? That means just him and a guitar (maybe piano) right? Or maybe just for a couple songs? Trying to jog my memory here....

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

cheesedip1 wrote:I remember hearing the album was going to be a singer-songwritery kind of thing? That means just him and a guitar (maybe piano) right? Or maybe just for a couple songs? Trying to jog my memory here....
Singer-songwriter is definitely correct and has been stated in interviews, but that doesn't necessarily mean it'll only be one instrument with vocals. Someone like Jason Mraz can be considered singer-songwriter at times but still plays with a full band and backup vocalists. It's more about the style of songwriting than the number of instruments used, I think.

Jaredr24
Loyal Follower

Post by Jaredr24 »

Myles recently did an interview with Metal Insider and was asked about his solo album. Full interview link here: http://www.metalinsider.net/interviews/ ... -offerings

Metal Insider: I know that Alter Bridge is the primary focus this year, but I also heard that you finally completed work on a solo record. Any idea as to when the record might come out?

MK: That’s the million dollar question! It’s being mixed right now, so hopefully sooner than later. My goal there is to start to evolve that branch of what I do, because it’s a different approach. It’s more vocal focused. It’s not about riff-driven tracks. It’s more singer-songwriter based, and about the vocal performances and lyrics. The goal is to strip down the touring approach and maybe even just have it be me and an acoustic guitar on stage.

Metal Insider: You said the album is more of a singer-songwriter project, but I did hear that there may be some special guests on the record. Is that still the case?

MK: I mean, it’s top secret, but there’s definitely a few folks who stopped by to play on the record, and I’m honored that they did so. It was just a real labor of love. It’s funny because I’ve started playing some of the tracks for people, and it’s very different in a lot of ways, but there’s definitely that thread of what I do that I try to bring to all the projects that I’ve been a part of. A lot of these songs I just knew wouldn’t fit in either the Alter Bridge world or Slash world, and I enjoyed the songs so I wanted to document them.
~{AB fan - Go Tops! #WKU}~
”I’ll rest my eyes and let the earth breathe”

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

"It’s being mixed right now, so hopefully sooner than later"

Tomorrow?

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

nagpo wrote:"It’s being mixed right now, so hopefully sooner than later"

Tomorrow?
I'm pretty sure he said that a few weeks ago aswell. So no, probably not tomorrow. :(

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

So ready to head to a coffee house and see him play.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Lukeage
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Lukeage »

Part of me doesn't care what the album is going to supposedly sound like anymore, I'd rather just hear it. It's been in the works for way too long. Can we just have it now pls?

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Lol, I understand TLH is about to drop so we shouldn't expect any news but if it was mixed months ago this is turning into George RR Martin's last book...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Fish Tacos wrote:Lol, I understand TLH is about to drop so we shouldn't expect any news but if it was mixed months ago this is turning into George RR Martin's last book...
With any luck and hopefully no chance of SMKC 3 after the GNR Reunion then we should expect it sometime in 2017 during a break in touring or when Tremonti starts up again, shouldnt we?

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

I can't wait to listen to this while playing Half-Life 3.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

2016 isn't over. There's still a chance for all the recordings to disappear in some freak accident.