Myles's solo album

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Myles's solo album (Link in thread)

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

nagpo wrote:
gbruin wrote:I asked Myles about it yesterday at the meet & greet before the show.

I was just talking to Mark about Tremonti II, and then stepped next to Myles and said, "So, speaking of solo albums…" and smirked. he just laughed and said "I know!"

I told him that I hope he knows how many people are really excited to hear what he would do on a solo album and we're all really looking forward to it whenever he gets to finish it. He said thank you and that he definitely does intend to get it finished and it's just a matter of finding the time to get it done.
I wonder if he plans to make it a career shift or just a one time thing
He's never leaving Alter Bridge and I assume he'll stay with Slash until Slash says he wants to downgrade his vocalist so I assume if he released it; it wouldn't be a one-time thing; release it; tour it within the given window. Go back to AB & Slash and tour/record. Then maybe if Slash says Myles' time is up; he'll alternate between touring AB and touring his solo album?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I think that something like this is something he can do in his 50s. Making laid-back solo albums and playing in some pretty good sounding 200-300 people auditoriums with nothing but an acoustic guitar and a lot of enthusiasm. It's hard to do this now, in his 40s, when both AB and him working with Slash is off and running pretty well.

slasherbridge
White Knuckled

Post by slasherbridge »

Or Alter Bridge could last forever, Guns N Roses could reunite which would put the brakes on Slash's solo project, and Myles could find the time then. :lol

Actually, a more realistic thing would be Velvet Revolver reuniting...

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:He's never leaving Alter Bridge and I assume he'll stay with Slash until Slash says he wants to downgrade his vocalist
Hahahahahahaha

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

LOL. Sadly the downgrade will happen eventually. Money talks.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

One Drew Remains wrote:LOL. Sadly the downgrade will happen eventually. Money talks.
What is Money saying then? You really think they'll eventually go their separate ways again?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Slash historically hasn't stayed with one vocalist for a large number of years.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Andy92 wrote:Slash historically hasn't stayed with one vocalist for a large number of years.
Yeah that's true. Longest was 11 years with Axl, right? It's only been like what 4 years with Myles?

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I'm saying that I think eventually the money and demand for GnR will be too much for anyone to turn down. It's just my opinion, and I'm probably wrong. But stranger things have happened.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Nor do I want to.

Post by Inconquerable »

I doubt that personally. I bet the offers for a world tour were insane around the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction, one would have to imagine that they've gone down since then. I think most people realize that after that stunt not working, nothing probably will. I think we're closer to a Velvet Revolver reunion at this point and I don't see that happening either.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Agreed -- I'm sure there have already been outrageous offers for a reunion tour. GNR's relevance is now on the decline, and most people are aware that Axl can no loner sing, so I doubt the offers will get any better. If Slash parts ways with Myles, it won't be for GNR.

Side note, I'm changing the title of this thread... lol.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: It should be "Myles'" not "Myles's"

Post by zazthespaz »

abw1987 wrote:Agreed -- I'm sure there have already been outrageous offers for a reunion tour. GNR's relevance is now on the decline, and most people are aware that Axl can no loner sing, so I doubt the offers will get any better. If Slash parts ways with Myles, it won't be for GNR.

Side note, I'm changing the title of this thread... lol.
You killed the joke on the first page!

I don't know much about GnR but I imagine a reunion tour wouldn't do too well based on things I've heard about Axl. Showing up late & not singing well, doesn't sound like it's worth it for me to drop $60+
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

abw1987
Blood Machines

Re: Myles's solo album

Post by abw1987 »

Ha! If people haven't seen it by now, they likely never would have.

I think a reunion tour would do pretty well financially. GNR are one of the most volatile bands in rock history, and I think the legend around the band has possibly superseded the undeniably incredible music they made. A reunion of the original or UYI lineup (or even just of Axl & Slash) would bring in serious money. But it would probably only do well in the context of a reunion tour, not as support for new material. As you mentioned, Axl can't sing any more, and most people know that, so people would be going just for the nostalgia of the band's history.

On the plus side, I believe Axl has gotten a lot better about taking the stage on time over the last few years. :lol

Patty
White Knuckled

Post by Patty »

Axl doesn't need Slash. Guns n Roses are a very tight unit and put on one hell of a show.

In my opinion, Axl can still sing. I've never been to a GnR gig where I've been left disappointed.
Credit to the original sig creator. (Please remind me who you are so I can credit you properly)

Nicklord
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Nicklord »

abw1987 wrote:
On the plus side, I believe Axl has gotten a lot better about taking the stage on time over the last few years. :lol
In 2012 we waited for him for only one hour so yeah... one hour is better than two an a half :lol

ESPImperium
Bought The CDs

Post by ESPImperium »

Guns n Roses have, to the stories I've heard, been offered by one record company and tour agency $10m each to reunite for a album and tour. 3 out the 5 have accepted, but Slash and Duff are holding out for $15m and equal rights in the liner notes and equal control of the 12 songs that are to be produced.

If they reunite, the tour is to be a world tour of 300-350 dates with no get-out for any of the guys. They are expected to be on the road for about 18 to 24 months to the details i have heard.

That would mean Myles would have some down-time to get that, ready to go, solo album recorded. Then if he was to finally do a 'smallish' tour of 150 dates over a say 14 months it would be killer.

However, the Slash/Duff thing to GnR reunite thing aint gonna happen this side of 2020 i think. Velvet Revolver, dependant on Scott Weiland is doing.

Ill give Myles one more album/tour with Slash before thats him done as the creative itch will get to him and he will want to record his solo project. By then, Alter Bridge 5, Projected 3 and Tremonti III will be recorded and toured would be my guess. The more people ask him, the more he will want/need to do it would be my guess.

However, by then, Brian Marshall will also have to have done something on non-AB years. Id like to hear a solo album from him, or a project with him in it.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Interesting.. If this did happen and it is probably very unlikely then we could see more AB time and Myles releasing his Solo Album

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

It's getting about time for another twitterfest with #MylesSoloAlbum
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

I asked him if he was going to release it before he turns 50.. which gives him 5 years.. he laughed..

@Greg, Myles is well aware of the solo album, it was recorded 5 years ago, all that needs to be added are vocals. But the perfectionist he is, by now, he would want to record new songs and swap some of the ones he has recorded,.. Don't think a tweetfest would speed things up, but the attention for it and for Myles is always welcome i guess!
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Didn't Myles lend some of his solo album material to Alter Bridge? I think it was one of their ballads... perhaps "Wonderful Life".