Myles's solo album

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
User avatar
One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void
Posts: 4172
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:40 pm
Location: Mizzou

Re: Myles's solo album

Postby One Drew Remains » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:07 pm

Wow. Either way, it sounds like it will be amazing.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17

User avatar
austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void
Posts: 4032
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:01 am

Re: Myles's solo album

Postby austinjhnsn » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:53 pm

You're probably right, Kev:(
Image


Thanks Timo!

chtimixeur
On The Rail
Posts: 1020
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:15 am

Re: Myles's solo album

Postby chtimixeur » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:51 am

austinjhnsn wrote:So Im digging into this way too much probably but year of the tiger... 1974. According to wiki Myles lost his father when he was four which would line up to be 1974. I think this is the solo album according to the interview where he talked about the subject matter having a bit to do with that. Again, probably digging into it too much and being way too fanboying but yea...

I think you may be onto something. :bow

User avatar
Tigra
Loyal Follower
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:26 am

Re: Myles's solo album

Postby Tigra » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:32 am

austinjhnsn wrote:So Im digging into this way too much probably but year of the tiger... 1974. According to wiki Myles lost his father when he was four which would line up to be 1974. I think this is the solo album according to the interview where he talked about the subject matter having a bit to do with that. Again, probably digging into it too much and being way too fanboying but yea...

Wow, you did a nice detective work ;) Sounds quite credible. I love such details, they bring flavour to the whole thing.

anguyen92 wrote:I thought the year of the tiger would be referring to when the album will be out which would be 2022....... :lol :lol

Omg, no! :lol :lol :lol

User avatar
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy
Posts: 3305
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Re: Myles's solo album

Postby Ubik » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:11 am

austinjhnsn wrote:So Im digging into this way too much probably but year of the tiger... 1974. According to wiki Myles lost his father when he was four which would line up to be 1974. I think this is the solo album according to the interview where he talked about the subject matter having a bit to do with that. Again, probably digging into it too much and being way too fanboying but yea...

Awesome stuff, Austin.
I have no opinion about Elvis

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:42 am

Re: Myles's solo album

Postby uctalum01 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:33 pm

austinjhnsn wrote:So Im digging into this way too much probably but year of the tiger... 1974. According to wiki Myles lost his father when he was four which would line up to be 1974. I think this is the solo album according to the interview where he talked about the subject matter having a bit to do with that. Again, probably digging into it too much and being way too fanboying but yea...


My friend Ozzy said the same thing when Tim posted the picture on fb (Army of 12 group on the 9th). Tim liked her comment and said it was smart. Very well could be on the right track.

User avatar
Crumbso
Hardcore TABN'er
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:32 pm

Re: Myles's solo album

Postby Crumbso » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:10 am

chtimixeur wrote:That's the crazy thing about Elvis. He was there during the Second Skin sessions, which probably have the best Myles vocals ever. Why can't he record and mix them the same way nowadays?
I don't know why he has to use some many effects and echo on his vocals on the AB records. We've discussed this to death, but the vocals need to be as raw as possible on this solo album. Myles can sing like no one else on the planet and he doesn't need all those studio tricks.


An engineer has no control over the mix really apart from what they're told to do. They are there to facilitate the band's/producer's wishes (set-up mics, editing tape, preparing sessions). He probably had very little decision making input on the MF4 sessions.
Image

hackingislife
TABN.com Citizen
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:30 pm

Re: Myles's solo album

Postby hackingislife » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:11 am


User avatar
AB23
Still Remains
Posts: 7633
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:04 am
Location: I honestly don't know

Re: Myles's solo album

Postby AB23 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:22 am

Looked up some interesting things that happened in 1974 but then realized I wasn't born yet so how would my computer know?
Image

hackingislife
TABN.com Citizen
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:30 pm

Re: Myles's solo album

Postby hackingislife » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:34 am

AB23 wrote:Looked up some interesting things that happened in 1974 but then realized I wasn't born yet so how would my computer know?


[10]? lmao

User avatar
AB23
Still Remains
Posts: 7633
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:04 am
Location: I honestly don't know

Re: Myles's solo album

Postby AB23 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:29 am

They had just discovered electricity a few years before then so I wonder what message Myles is trying to convey with those hashtags? Maybe how life was more simple and more expressive when we didn't have electricity in his days? :shrug
Image

User avatar
Jaredr24
Loyal Follower
Posts: 327
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:22 pm
Location: Farther Than The Sun, KY
Contact:

Re: Myles's solo album

Postby Jaredr24 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:23 pm

hackingislife wrote:So this got posted just now :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZn6nxbgm04 ... leskennedy


Looks like at least 12 songs! Love that it's gonna be all acoustc outside of the lead parts. Myles' acoustic stuff is always amazing. Now just mixing and mastering needs to be done so the album could be out by February
~{AB fan - Go Tops! #WKU}~

Image

User avatar
austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void
Posts: 4032
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:01 am

Re: Myles's solo album

Postby austinjhnsn » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:45 pm

Oooo this is exciting! Its actually happening guys! MYLES SOLO ALBUM IS HAPPENING!

Also my theory about 1974 was correct!
Image


Thanks Timo!

Kreuger33
Loyal Follower
Posts: 318
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:16 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Myles's solo album

Postby Kreuger33 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:08 pm

AB23 wrote:They had just discovered electricity a few years before then so I wonder what message Myles is trying to convey with those hashtags? Maybe how life was more simple and more expressive when we didn't have electricity in his days? :shrug

Now I feel like you're reading into this too much. Maybe its just the year his wife was born?

Anyways this is exciting. Can anyone explain how these charts work? Why are the boxes split in 4 and not all filled in?

And its interesting that it says perc and not drums

User avatar
Mr. Slash
Hardcore TABN'er
Posts: 977
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:40 am
Location: Germany

Re: Myles's solo album

Postby Mr. Slash » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:44 pm

Guise, this thread already answered the 1974 mystery a couple of weeks ago.

Btw, my opinion is still that Myles is just trolling. He will never release that album.

User avatar
AB23
Still Remains
Posts: 7633
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:04 am
Location: I honestly don't know

Re: Myles's solo album

Postby AB23 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:43 pm

Kreuger33 wrote:
AB23 wrote:They had just discovered electricity a few years before then so I wonder what message Myles is trying to convey with those hashtags? Maybe how life was more simple and more expressive when we didn't have electricity in his days? :shrug

Now I feel like you're reading into this too much. Maybe its just the year his wife was born?

Anyways this is exciting. Can anyone explain how these charts work? Why are the boxes split in 4 and not all filled in?

And its interesting that it says perc and not drums

It must be about Watergate
Image

User avatar
austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void
Posts: 4032
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:01 am

Re: Myles's solo album

Postby austinjhnsn » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:39 am

:facepalm :lol
Image


Thanks Timo!

User avatar
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy
Posts: 3305
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Re: Myles's solo album

Postby Ubik » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:04 am

austinjhnsn wrote:Oooo this is exciting! Its actually happening guys! MYLES SOLO ALBUM IS HAPPENING!

Also my theory about 1974 was correct!

Certainly seems like nothing can stop it coming out now!

*Slash's ears twitch* "Hold my beer."
I have no opinion about Elvis

User avatar
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON
Posts: 7743
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:27 pm
Location: TABN

Re: Myles's solo album

Postby SHEAKENBAKEN » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:39 pm

Ubik wrote:
austinjhnsn wrote:Oooo this is exciting! Its actually happening guys! MYLES SOLO ALBUM IS HAPPENING!

Also my theory about 1974 was correct!

Certainly seems like nothing can stop it coming out now!

*Slash's ears twitch* "Hold my beer."

Ubik Nooooooo! :eek :fingerwag :smashcomp

:lol
Image

Kreuger33
Loyal Follower
Posts: 318
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:16 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Myles's solo album

Postby Kreuger33 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:29 pm

*Slash's ears twitch* "Hold my beer."
he's been sober for years now, but that's funny.


Return to “Myles & Co”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests