Myles's solo album

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Re: Myles's solo album

Post by One Drew Remains »

Wow. Either way, it sounds like it will be amazing.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

You're probably right, Kev:(
Thanks Timo!

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

austinjhnsn wrote:So Im digging into this way too much probably but year of the tiger... 1974. According to wiki Myles lost his father when he was four which would line up to be 1974. I think this is the solo album according to the interview where he talked about the subject matter having a bit to do with that. Again, probably digging into it too much and being way too fanboying but yea...
I think you may be onto something. :bow

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

austinjhnsn wrote:So Im digging into this way too much probably but year of the tiger... 1974. According to wiki Myles lost his father when he was four which would line up to be 1974. I think this is the solo album according to the interview where he talked about the subject matter having a bit to do with that. Again, probably digging into it too much and being way too fanboying but yea...
Wow, you did a nice detective work ;) Sounds quite credible. I love such details, they bring flavour to the whole thing.
anguyen92 wrote:I thought the year of the tiger would be referring to when the album will be out which would be 2022....... :lol :lol
Omg, no! :lol :lol :lol

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Awesome stuff, Austin.
For all of the hope that it brings...

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

My friend Ozzy said the same thing when Tim posted the picture on fb (Army of 12 group on the 9th). Tim liked her comment and said it was smart. Very well could be on the right track.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

chtimixeur wrote:That's the crazy thing about Elvis. He was there during the Second Skin sessions, which probably have the best Myles vocals ever. Why can't he record and mix them the same way nowadays?
I don't know why he has to use some many effects and echo on his vocals on the AB records. We've discussed this to death, but the vocals need to be as raw as possible on this solo album. Myles can sing like no one else on the planet and he doesn't need all those studio tricks.
An engineer has no control over the mix really apart from what they're told to do. They are there to facilitate the band's/producer's wishes (set-up mics, editing tape, preparing sessions). He probably had very little decision making input on the MF4 sessions.

hackingislife
TABN.com Citizen

Post by hackingislife »

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Looked up some interesting things that happened in 1974 but then realized I wasn't born yet so how would my computer know?

hackingislife
TABN.com Citizen

Post by hackingislife »

AB23 wrote:Looked up some interesting things that happened in 1974 but then realized I wasn't born yet so how would my computer know?
[10]? lmao

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

They had just discovered electricity a few years before then so I wonder what message Myles is trying to convey with those hashtags? Maybe how life was more simple and more expressive when we didn't have electricity in his days? :shrug

Jaredr24
Loyal Follower

Post by Jaredr24 »

hackingislife wrote:So this got posted just now :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZn6nxbgm04 ... leskennedy
Looks like at least 12 songs! Love that it's gonna be all acoustc outside of the lead parts. Myles' acoustic stuff is always amazing. Now just mixing and mastering needs to be done so the album could be out by February
~{AB fan - Go Tops! #WKU}~
”I’ll rest my eyes and let the earth breathe”

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Oooo this is exciting! Its actually happening guys! MYLES SOLO ALBUM IS HAPPENING!

Also my theory about 1974 was correct!
Thanks Timo!

Kreuger33
Loyal Follower

Post by Kreuger33 »

AB23 wrote:They had just discovered electricity a few years before then so I wonder what message Myles is trying to convey with those hashtags? Maybe how life was more simple and more expressive when we didn't have electricity in his days? :shrug
Now I feel like you're reading into this too much. Maybe its just the year his wife was born?

Anyways this is exciting. Can anyone explain how these charts work? Why are the boxes split in 4 and not all filled in?

And its interesting that it says perc and not drums

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Guise, this thread already answered the 1974 mystery a couple of weeks ago.

Btw, my opinion is still that Myles is just trolling. He will never release that album.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Kreuger33 wrote:
AB23 wrote:They had just discovered electricity a few years before then so I wonder what message Myles is trying to convey with those hashtags? Maybe how life was more simple and more expressive when we didn't have electricity in his days? :shrug
Now I feel like you're reading into this too much. Maybe its just the year his wife was born?

Anyways this is exciting. Can anyone explain how these charts work? Why are the boxes split in 4 and not all filled in?

And its interesting that it says perc and not drums
It must be about Watergate

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

:facepalm :lol
Thanks Timo!

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

austinjhnsn wrote:Oooo this is exciting! Its actually happening guys! MYLES SOLO ALBUM IS HAPPENING!

Certainly seems like nothing can stop it coming out now!

*Slash's ears twitch* "Hold my beer."
For all of the hope that it brings...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ubik wrote:
austinjhnsn wrote:Oooo this is exciting! Its actually happening guys! MYLES SOLO ALBUM IS HAPPENING!

Certainly seems like nothing can stop it coming out now!

Ubik Nooooooo! :eek :fingerwag :smashcomp

:lol

Kreuger33
Loyal Follower

Post by Kreuger33 »

he's been sober for years now, but that's funny.