Myles's solo album

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: Myles's solo album

Post by Ubik »

It looks like there's a pretty decent chance he's got no real intention of releasing it, to be honest. An artist obviously has every right to control what they put out with their name on, but there are plenty of us willing to give him money just to download a zip folder with the raw tracks on. We don't need media promotion or a physical copy or a tour, just really want to hear the songs for closure as much as anything!
For all of the hope that it brings...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: I wonder if that's how Axl Rose felt during Chinese Democracy.

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ True, but imagine if he releases it and we nitpick every friken flaw possible and chastise his stylistic choices and think this is not the way we think he should do it. I mean nothing wrong with constructive criticism and all, but if we're asking him to release it, and we're still not happy with the end result, knowing that he wasn't feeling it now compared to 2009, how would that make him feel?

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

If he thinks it's terrible then okay, come out and say that. But he's been telling us for 8 years that he'll put it out when he finally gets it finished. He doesn't have Axl's excuse of being insane. Plus I don't think we're that bad as a fanbase.

He could put it out as the Grasshopper Apocalypse if he was that bothered about people thinking it was a current representation of him as a solo artist.

mikeyd23
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mikeyd23 »

I'm starting to get the feeling this Myles solo album (the first one) may never see the light of day.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Oh Myles...you tease. Just loves giving his fans blue balls.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

More of what we already know but it sounds a little more concrete in his head now that he won't be releasing it any time soon:
Myles also talked about his decision to begin work on his second solo album, even thought the first one has yet to see the light of day.

"The first one, a lot of it was written a long time ago," he said. "Songs kind of have a shelf life with artists, so once I stepped back and listened to it, I was, like, 'You know, this just isn't where my head is right now.' And maybe one day it'll come out. I'm always writing; that's all I do. If I'm not touring, I'm writing… Other than playing live, I don't really have a life. I just wanna write and make music. So, yeah, those songs were written a long time ago, so I wanna try some new stuff."
Sauce: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/myles- ... olo-album/

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

FFS.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

Ubik wrote:FFS.
You said it.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

Not sure if we have any Rick & Morty fans here, but...

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Jaded Rescue wrote:Not sure if we have any Rick & Morty fans here, but...
HAHAHAHA you've got one right here my friend, this is perfect :lol

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

WaywardOne wrote:this is perfect
I don't give a FUCK what you think, Jerry.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Mr Meeseeks, convince Myles Kennedy to release his solo album!

*Two days later*

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

My favorite forum just got 10x better.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

WaywardOne wrote:My favorite forum just got 10x better.
^^^ He's a spy, blow him up. I'm gonna go take a shit.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Seems like a stupid excuse. He knows for damn sure that fans love his older songs. Fuck, they just put Breathe on the new AB album.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Compromise proposal - put his second album together and release, whilst offering a deluxe edition of it with the second disc being the first album. This means the standard edition that goes out for reviews and casual fans remains true to his current state, but us hardcore still get to finally hear the first one and will happily pay more to do so. He can also play any of his favourites from it on any solo acoustic tour.

Everybody wins! But mainly me.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Credit to Torsen for finding the article, but anyway. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
Alter Bridge certainly won’t be the only thing occupying Kennedy’s time in 2017. The bad news is that he’s scrapped the solo album he’s been talking about for the past few years. The good news is that he’s written another one entirely from scratch.

“As a songwriter, songs have a shelf life in terms of where you were in life when you wrote them. I decided back in December that I wasn’t going to put it out. That’s when I started working my ass off doing another one. So I assembled another twenty-five songs that I’m sitting on.”

According to Kennedy, the new tracks are more stripped-down and organic. “I set out parameters in terms of what I could use as a writer. I had my 1944 Gibson J-45 and an early-30s National Triolian Resonator – they were pretty much the two guitars I used for inspiration. There’s definitely a blues vibe to it, but at the same time I was listening to a lot of Nick Drake.”

He’s cagey about details – no album or song titles – but he does reveal that it will be based on a very specific theme: “It’s documenting what my mother and brother and I went through when my father passed away when I was a kid. It talks about that journey, and our exodus from Boston. It’s a very personal record.”

“We had all these songs hanging around so We figured We’d collect them all together.”
Myles Kennedy
Well, something he's working on on-and-off, mainly off of course due to working with AB and Slash, within a seven year span has went down the drain. I'm surprised that he compiled this many song ideas quickly after we hear the news that he's working on another one.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Wow...I'm excited to hear what he has in store. It sounds like it will be very emotional.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Let's hope this one comes out

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I don't really mind it if this one is more stripped down because I thought that's what the first one was gonna be. If the original songs are more full electric band arrangements, then I don't mind waiting for something more acoustic based.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.