Do you think Myles' singing with Slash is annoying ?

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
Macca
Greg

Re: Do you think Myles' singing with Slash is annoying ?

Post by Macca »

Chinese Democracy is a far better album than anything Slash has or will ever do since leaving gnr. Yeah there's a few weaker tracks, but the high points on the album are really fucking high. Like Buckethead's TWAT solo zomg
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: Besides the lalala in battleground

Post by Timotheus »

Have you even heard the new Slash album? Listen to The Unholy and Battleground on youtube.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

just listened to them. battleground is decent but the unholy was boring
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Hmm.. Words darker than their wings..

Oh well, maybe give Wicked Stone a listen and if you don't like that one you won't like the rest either.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Macca wrote:Chinese Democracy is a far better album than anything Slash has or will ever do since leaving gnr. Yeah there's a few weaker tracks, but the high points on the album are really fucking high. Like Buckethead's TWAT solo zomg
Do you even Snakepit, brah?

I don't think that songs like "Ain't Life Grand", "Serial Killer", "Anastasia" and "Not For Me" are worse "high points" than the on CD. In my opinion Axl Rose showed with CD that he still is a great ballad songwriter, but has obviously no clue of making modern rock music. "Better" is a decent song, but that's the only decent CD song that's not a ballad. Slash on the other hand made a shitload of different styled songs.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

This is laughable, fans divided over Myles from both GNR and AB forums. Hardcore Axl followers don't like Myles cuz you know why,and hardcore AB fans can't stand Myles with Slash cuz they'd rather have him spend more time with AB.

For me, I love Myles vocals with Slash on this album. Din't care much for Apocalyptic Love, yeah the tracks on this album sometimes can sound repetitive, but for me Myles sounds better with Slash now than he has since Blackbird(album) with AB. Just my opinion.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

Rosenblaetter
Loyal Follower

Post by Rosenblaetter »

Them Bones wrote:for me Myles sounds better with Slash now than he has since Blackbird(album) with AB. Just my opinion.
Hearing him live this year in Europe - I can't agree. He sounded almost like in 2008 - I can't see how this nasal Slash tone could be considered better - if it's not annoying then it's just predictable and void of real emotion.

If you know his Mayfield Four and Alter Bridge work, you know who this man is. The palette of colours in his voice just blows your mind.
If you know him only from Slash albums and two or three AB singles - you basically now nothing.
FYI I'm a woman.
--------------------
Past shows: Alter Bridge 10.11 NL, Kensington 11.11 NL, Alter Bridge 16.11 PL
Future shows: Kensington 15.02 DE, Kensington 17.02 PL, Rival Sons 18.02 PL

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Some of you should look up the past show at Detroit, Myles has got a nearly 2008 sounding tone at times, during OYE is a good example. Idk about the other shows, but hes sounding really good, the best in a long time.
Thanks Timo!