Slash ft. MK & The Conspirators "WORLD ON FIRE"

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: Slash ft. MK & The Conspirators "WORLD ON FIRE"

Post by Timotheus »

Lol, still not over that, Kev?
I shake my head, have a chuckle and move on...
That's the way to go! Especially the chuckling!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I may never get over the events that transpired during that voting of album of the year, last year. Fortress lost, people somewhat belittled Skillet, and I felt like a piece of crap at the end on the way I conducted myself throughout that process.

For me, personally, like most things in life, it's really hard for me to laugh it off in the end unless there's a silver lining somewhere.

Torsten
Loyal Follower

Post by Torsten »

Click through to see the full-sized. WORLD ON FIRE promo

liz-o
Bought The CDs

Post by liz-o »

Oh hey, it's the full Ernie Ball SMK&C Real to Reel documentary, as seen on AXStv last fall. All 48 minutes of it. :)

[youtube]http://youtu.be/D5099zkMZL0[/youtube]

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

anguyen92 wrote:I pretty much gave up on these awards, and loudwire polls in general, after last year.
I refuse to participate in any more polls where multiple votes from the same person are allowed. That's garbage.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, I found some news. Remember that proshot that they did for DirectTV or something at the Roxy Theater back in September? Well, it's going to be on a DVD.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/to ... vdbrcd3lp/

Yep, this will be released before Live in Milan. I'm happy to see these guys get another live DVD under their belt. I'm not so happy that AB couldn't get theirs out before this one.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, looks like Myles may not working on that solo album in April. According to Slash2baz, the SlashFrance guy that gives Slash fans loads of info at the GNR forums.
Well i don't know if you guys know that but Conspirators are working on the next album in April. i mean they're supposed to write new music for the next Conspirators album.
They told me maybe 2017 for the release. This means 2016 full of Alter bridge for Myles and a new Slasher Film for Slash !
http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/to ... ?p=3949090

Probably just laying out the foundation and continue on writing as their tour goes on throughout the year.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Alter Bridge is pretty much turning into a band that records an album, plays 50 or less shows to support it, and then splits off to other projects.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

I hope they learned from the Fortress tour. At least we know that Mark knows how under promoted/toured Fortress was. They could have played All Ends Well by now ffs. I wish Slash would lay off and that might sound selfish, but whatevs. I don't want AB to become the side project. TBH, I can live without another Slash album, there's some really good songs off of both but I lose interest after 2 weeks and wish Myles was doing AB stuff. can't help but wish AB was a main focus... although, I'm still diggin how every three years is like a super awesome Christmas, with the return of the almighty AB. Keeps things fresh I guess. But I want more.

I think I have a problem.
Thanks Timo!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

It's harder and harder for AB to really go ahead and do something like more than 100 shows a year hitting areas like North America (including Mexico and Canada), South America, Europe (headlining and festivals), Australia, and Asia.

We keep hearing how much Mark, Flip, and Brian loves spending time with their families, and don't want to spend too many weeks on the road away from that, and Myles loving working with Slash and the Conspirators.

I mean I just hope that the 5th album run is the one that they pull all the stops and play in front as many people and in as many different areas as possible.

The Fortress run was still not bad though. More than 80 shows, although a 3rd of those shows were festivals, but they still hit all the popular areas (LA, Chicago, New York, London, Amsterdam, etc.).

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Yeah sometimes I forget Brian and Flip have families and aren't as interested in being a part of a touring machine anymore. Mark stays plenty busy between AB and Tremonti, but he spends a lot of time in Orlando writing and recording more so than being on the road.

It's just because I love AB so much. I'm selfish and want to see them live more often. I've never seen them headline a show, and I'd like to catch a full set list while they're still in their primes.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Yeah, I don't blame you, Andy. One of my life goals in my teenage years was to see AB headlining live in their primes and I had the privilege of living in an area where I know there was a high chance of that happening and it did happened and it was everything I wanted. I really do want all the AB fans that has followed this band, passionately, to have that chance as well in a location that's reasonable amount of distance to where they live. We'll see.

About this 3rd Slash/Myles/Conspirators album though, I don't know. I'm sure these guys will give it everything they got and will have some solid songs and all, but I think I'm putting a crutch on my enjoyment of them, because of the circumstances. I mean if Myles wasn't in a band, I pegged as my all-time favorite band, this act would be a lot easier to enjoy well and be a fave-five band, but I just can't have that feeling.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I mean I can't complain, I've seen them 3 times lol. I know some fans have never seen them it all. I just want something more than a 6-10 song set is all.

Kreuger33
Loyal Follower

Post by Kreuger33 »

I mean I just hope that the 5th album run is the one that they pull all the stops and play in front as many people and in as many different areas as possible.
Fortress was the album that they should've done that with. It's gonna be hard to top that album.

And yes, stop complaining about how many songs they've played for you guys. They've come to Canada once in 11 years.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

austinjhnsn wrote:I don't want AB to become the side project.
Unfortunately, that's already the case.
When AB is recording or touring, Slash still manages to take Myles away from the AB camp once in a while.
But when Slash is touring, Myles is 100% committed to him.
The number of Slash concert dates over the last 2 or 3 years speaks for itself. Slash is now Myles' priority (who can blame him ? He's having a blast and getting big bucks).

I'm not worried about Mark, since he's got Tremonti.
But what about BMarsh and Flip ? What will they do in 2016 if Myles chooses Slash over AB for 2 more years of constant touring ? It's not like Creed is coming back, so I'm wondering if they're still OK with Slash taking their singer away from them.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Flip could be involved in Projected once again. Haven't been there some info about their 2nd album?
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

AB is a side project. sucks but true

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

@Dolo : I highly doubt Flip could make ends meet with Projected.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

Dolo wrote:Flip could be involved in Projected once again. Haven't been there some info about their 2nd album?
LMAO

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

The video for Beneath the Savage Sun is out. Slash and Myles goes over the backstory of the song for the 1st 2 min. of the video. The video itself shows imagery of elephants (alive and deceased), poachers, traders, facts and statistics regarding ivory poaching/trading, and the consequences if this keeps going (elephants may not roam the wilderness when children of a new generations are born). To me, it sounded like something that a band like Rise Against would do. Overall, it's a pretty interesting video.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/VrJJz-VQWWg[/youtube]