MOSCOT Myles

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
Jim
Blood Machines

Re: MOSCOT Myles

Post by Jim »

Okay that bridge on Coming Home was SUPERB!!!! Cant believe its taken him/them 6 years to play that acoustically

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Awesome clips!! Glad to hear Myles sounding so good.

I had no idea "Coming Home" could translate decently on acoustic. I guess that's the beauty of AB songs - they all have a solid melodic footing.

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

Jim wrote:ATP was the best one! Although not on the setlist...? Did he add any others?
yep! :)
uctalum01 wrote:He did 2 "audibles." ATP and Eden. AMAZING!!
although I suppose impromptu is a bit more accurate than audible. he didn't have anything on the set list that could be added if time allows. ATP and Eden just came out of banter with the crowd.

Eden:
[youtube]http://youtu.be/m6A5J5Pya14[/youtube]
Last edited by uctalum01 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Will
Still Remains

Post by Will »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/3tpcYoIVtm4[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtu.be/RCovxOsgylU[/youtube]
PHOTOSHOPPING IS FOR SCHMUCKS

willy5150
TABN.com Citizen

Post by willy5150 »

Coming Home.. Acoustic...

[youtube]http://youtu.be/FqgSoHcdNs4[/youtube]
Last edited by Jim on Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: youtube video embedded.. again

willy5150
TABN.com Citizen

Post by willy5150 »

Starlight, Hallelujah,Eden,A.T.P. and Coming Home..Looks like a great setlist.

BennyWhatever
Loyal Follower

Post by BennyWhatever »

Anyone found vid for Standing in the Sun yet? That's the one I'm most looking forward to!
:yeahthat

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Is it confirmed that "Sun" is Standing In The Sun...? or Farther From The Sun?

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

it was definitely standing in the sun.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Ok cool, shame!

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

Man this all sounds amazing, I'm so jealous of everyone who went. I'm definitely ripping everything from Youtube and making an album out of it. Hopefully we get to hear Standing in the Sun soon, I'd love to hear that.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

Here's a little bit of Standing in the Sun, it sounds great!

EDIT: F that, here's the full version:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/YEBAQjh4sSc[/youtube]

EDIT 2: Quick question for Uctalum, where did Eden and ATP fit into the set? =)

Felipesh
Loyal Follower

Post by Felipesh »

Coming Home is one of the AB's most underrated songs, for me is a perfect song :/

Electricladyland
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Electricladyland »

Here's a review of his performance

http://www.localbozo.com/2013/09/myles- ... rt-review/
Whether performing in front of thousands of awestruck fans or a collection of just fifty, one thing is clear: Myles Kennedy is rock music’s finest present day vocalist. Between tours fronting Alter Bridge (whose new album “Fortress” is released in October) and alongside Slash with his band The Conspirators, Kennedy made a local stop in Manhattan’s Lower East Side on Thursday night for a performance of a different kind- solo, acoustic, and exclusive. The MOSCOT Gallery and Music Space was the intimate setting for the unique performance which would raise awareness for the MOSCOT Mobileyes Foundation, geared to help improve lives by providing medical eyecare and eyewear to the City’s underserved population.
Celebrating the launch of the ‘MYLES,’ a sleek new sunglasses pairing with the brand, the singer would grace a handful of guests and VIPs- some of whom drive several hours and even flew into town for this specific experience. Attendees surrounded the diminutive stage on long benches, sipping on complimentary beers and cocktails creatively titled (you guessed it) ‘The Myles,’ pairing Bulldog Gin with lemonade. While Kennedy was purported to perform a 45 minute acoustic set, the singer comfortably sat at center stage for more than an hour, interacting with fans shouting out additions to the setlist from throughout the frontman’s career.

Amid a stormy backdrop out onto a bustling New York City street, Kennedy turned the intimate glasses store into a concert hall. Equipped with an array of four different guitars, the singer (and criminally underrated guitarist mind you) dazzled the small crowd, performing tracks from his entire catalog alongside some particularly poignant cover songs. He opened the show with back to back Alter Bridge tunes “Before Tomorrow Comes” and “Coming Home,” both of which warmed his vocals for a rousing version of “Starlight,” the first song that he collaborated with Slash in writing.

Kennedy then channeled the legendary Robert Johnson, of whom he quipped, “Without him, there wouldn’t be rock and roll. Well there would be- but not as cool.” His bluesy, gritty solo version of “Traveling Riverside Blues” was exceptional, showing off a more raw side of his vocal capability. Meanwhile, the crowd pleaded that Kennedy turn back the clock and perform a song from his first band The Mayfield Four, which he was happy to oblige with a slow and stirring performance of “Eden.”

Kennedy selected an absolutely fitting cover to close the show. He mentioned being inspired by Jeff Buckley’s take on the Leonard Cohen original “Hallelujah.” It would be hard to find a more inspired version than Kennedy’s though, who sung it absolutely beautifully, raising his voice when need be and giving us an armful of goosebumps each time we looked up toward his focused expression. The audience meanwhile greeted the performance’s closure with a standing ovation in appreciation of the special performance that we all collectively witnessed. And to boot, the singer waited around to shake hands and pose for pictures with every single fan that trekked out to Orchard Street on this storm filled evening, which was entirely worth it to marvel at Myles Kennedy’s unparalleled musical ability.

- Jane Van Arsdale

So how and when can I purchase a pair of MYLES :D

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

He said in an interview (posted in the AB board) that you can go to moscot.com to buy them. I took a quick look but couldn't find them, mind you it was a really quick look through the site.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Holy cow. Heavenly, particularly as there are no invading voices from elsewhere to distract! Slightly sad Mars Hotel didn't get on but more than made up for by Coming Home.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Decay

Post by Decay »

Man, those performances were really great, I really enjoyed them.
Can't wait for Myles to put out his solo record and hopefully shoot a DVD for it. Such a classy guy. :)

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

Jaredr24
Loyal Follower

Post by Jaredr24 »

Ubik wrote:Holy cow. Heavenly, particularly as there are no invading voices from elsewhere to distract! Slightly sad Mars Hotel didn't get on but more than made up for by Coming Home.

That's always good at any acoustic concert. When I was at Bofest a few years back to see Myles acoustic there were these older women (I assume were drunk) that kept singing along with everything really loud and yelling out random crap. Kind of ruined it, especially the sound quality on the video I took of the whole thing.
~{AB fan - Go Tops! #WKU}~
”I’ll rest my eyes and let the earth breathe”

Nicklord
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Nicklord »

Oh god, his voice...
I almost forgot how awesome his voice is.