Myles solo record?

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
SchwiizVT12
TABN.com Citizen

Myles solo record?

Post by SchwiizVT12 »

My apologies, I haven't really been keeping up with the forum (old and new) in the last two or so years so I've fallen behind on some news, but wasn't Myles supposed to release a solo album at some point? Is that still happening, or have plans changed since he's been gigging with Slash and the guys so much recently?

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: And that sums up the past year

Post by zazthespaz »

Nothing's changed in that nothing's happened. (I think, no big news at least)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: Myles solo record?

Post by Andy92 »

The recordings for it are just sitting right now. It's basically finished, he just doesn't have time to release it between full schedules with Alter Bridge and Slash.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

vmt7007
TABN.com Citizen

Post by vmt7007 »

I suspect he's making good money with Slash.

He will keep riding that train when he's not busy with AB, and worry about the solo album 3-4 years down the road when he might have some free time.

His fans might want to hear the album, but if he was being honest I suspect releasing it is about last on his priority list right now.

He's no dummy, the work he is doing to raise his profile helps increase the odds the someone outside of these boards would give a damn about it.

Imagine when he finally does release it (years down the road) how many more people will know and care then vs. if he had released it when he initally planned.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

itd be cool to release a song or 2. maybe it gives them more options to play at ab shows

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

I'm not sure that he realizes how much we all want to hear that damn record.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Yeah, and it's not just this message board. Tons of fans on Facebook pages/Twitter that don't come to this site mention his solo album a lot as well.

Decay

Post by Decay »

When Myles is on a downtime, maybe he can take a week or so to finish up the vocals.
I'd rather hear Myles' solo record than the upcoming Slash/MK & Co. record.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Last time I heard Myles mention it, and I've been stalking his interviews for any references, he said that the music was basically done and recorded but it didn't have vocals.

Other than the next AB album, Myles' solo album is the one recording I would want to hear above anything else. More than all my other favorite bands, more than a Gn'R or LZ reunion, more than new Maiden, more than the next Tremonti album. I'd love any and all of those, but I so want to hear what Myles would create on his own.

I've joked with Ryan and Jim that we should schedule one day where we spread the word to everyone to tweet at Myles how much we want to hear his solo album - just so he knows how much his fans are interested.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

gbruin wrote: I've joked with Ryan and Jim that we should schedule one day where we spread the word to everyone to tweet at Myles how much we want to hear his solo album - just so he knows how much his fans are interested.
Good idea.
Let's all do this on twitter in a few days !
It may not work, but at least he'll know some fans care about his solo work.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

I'd rather have his solo record than a new AB album, but I'm pretty sure he's not too fussed about it. Surely if he wanted it out by done, he would have released it?

I know he's got AB and Slash, but I'm sure he could have made a slot in his timetable if he wanted to.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

BSC wrote:I'd rather have his solo record than a new AB album
So do I, and the reason is simple : I know what to expect from an AB record. I know Mark's tricks, I know what it will sound like, and I know the band's limits.

But Myles' solo record ? I have no idea what he's gonna do with it.
A continuation of the Mayfield Four sound ?
A singer songwriter album ?
All I know is that is vocals will be 10x better than on any AB or Slash record, because it won't be your basic hard rock stuff.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I no longer believe that it exists, in this universe at least.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

Yeah other than what has already been said (nothing since there hasn't been any information outside of "sitting on the shelf, needs vocals"), there have been a few song titles kicked around. I can't remember when he said them but it was a while ago I think. Wikipedia says they're Love Rain Down, The Bar Fly, Complicated Man, and The Light of Day.

SchwiizVT12
TABN.com Citizen

Post by SchwiizVT12 »

Right on, well thanks for the information everybody. I didn't even know the tracks were almost finished; I thought he hadn't even started the recording process yet. That's at least a little reassuring that this will see the light of day at some point down the road.

ABFan34
Bought The CDs

Post by ABFan34 »

According to Slash from the Classic Rock Fanpack Mag for World on Fire, Myles' blues solo album is completed and Slash himself played on it. Myles just hasn't had a good chance to release it....oh God, I want.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I wouldn't say his comments mean Myles made a blues album lol, he just meant there are some bluesy guitar licks in it. But then again the term "blues" has changed a lot over the years, so who knows. I guess I think of early 1900s music when I hear that term, and then others mean it as jazz lol.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I read somewhere that Myles compared the sound of the album to Massive Attack and Daniel Lanois. I'm sure it will have blues elements, but I think there will be a lot more to it.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

gobaloon
TABN.com Citizen

Post by gobaloon »

If it was a pure blues album, I would still buy it and love it--not literally

ABFan34
Bought The CDs

Post by ABFan34 »

Andy92 wrote:I wouldn't say his comments mean Myles made a blues album lol, he just meant there are some bluesy guitar licks in it. But then again the term "blues" has changed a lot over the years, so who knows. I guess I think of early 1900s music when I hear that term, and then others mean it as jazz lol.
Does it really matter? Haha I think people put way too much thought into genre labeling anyways.