Myles Kennedy joins Kings of Chaos in SA

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Myles Kennedy joins Kings of Chaos in SA

Post by anguyen92 »

I don't know if this matters, but I think Duff is not going to be playing next week, unless he is done with all the other tours in Europe and round back to South Africa.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

That Paradise City was a hell of a finish.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

vmt7007
TABN.com Citizen

Post by vmt7007 »

gbruin wrote:That Paradise City was a hell of a finish.

He was getting major props on the one GNR board even from those who aren't his biggest fan for that massive note he was holding starting at the 2:25 mark.

He hasn't let loose like that in a while.

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

just found this review linked on facebook. I think the guy who wrote it posted it on the KOC page. he IDs the Zep song they did as Immigrant Song, but the set list said otherwise. still, check it out!
After his performance of ‘Burn’ Glenn called on Myles once again. Slash started with the riff to what sounded like Led Zeppelin’s ‘Immigrant Song’… could it be? … Never… Yes, It was, how could anyone even attempt to mimic a song which was imprinted forever in time with Robert Plant’s signature voice? Myles Kennedy was going to give it a go. Would he manage to do the song justice? My heart hoped that he would but my mind was doubtful. As a Zeppelin fan I used to think no one could come close to Plant’s vocals, especially on a Zeppelin song, until I heard the distinctive wailing at the beginning of ‘Immigrant song’ but this time it was by Myles Kennedy. This was a goose bump moment and one which then became the definite highlight of the night. The musician who was a “replacement” in Kings of Chaos, (replacing Sebastian Back from Skid Row for the South African tour), had stolen the night and become the star of the show.
http://garycool.com/2013/06/review-king ... june-2013/

:mkrules :mkrules :mkrules

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

I wonder if next time King of Chaos gather, and if Sebastian were free, they still would invite Myles?

The only bad thing is that Myles will be remember always as a replacer (Stapp, Plant, Rose, Bach and even in the movie Rockstar)... Well, will be know by the stupid ones who doesnt know who he really is.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Roneit wrote: The only bad thing is that Myles will be remember always as a replacer (Stapp, Plant, Rose, Bach and even in the movie Rockstar)... Well, will be know by the stupid ones who doesnt know who he really is.
Sigh..... Sad but True. Another reason why Myles needs to release that solo album and be put in a position where he can actually showcase himself (like Mayfield Four) without anyone else (Slash, Mark, etc.) sharing the main spotlight. That it is just him alone maybe with a few guests, playing the music that showcases himself 100% without the metal side of Mark and the Classic Rock side of Slash.

Though, I think Myles himself does not really mind being a replacer as long as he can show something different and creative from the table that all of those singers could not bring.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

This is so confusing :lol as much as I like Communication Breakdown, Immigrant Song would be so epic..

And I love the reception Myles is getting! :bow
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

uctalum01 wrote:just found this review linked on facebook. I think the guy who wrote it posted it on the KOC page. he IDs the Zep song they did as Immigrant Song, but the set list said otherwise. still, check it out!
After his performance of ‘Burn’ Glenn called on Myles once again. Slash started with the riff to what sounded like Led Zeppelin’s ‘Immigrant Song’… could it be? … Never… Yes, It was, how could anyone even attempt to mimic a song which was imprinted forever in time with Robert Plant’s signature voice? Myles Kennedy was going to give it a go. Would he manage to do the song justice? My heart hoped that he would but my mind was doubtful. As a Zeppelin fan I used to think no one could come close to Plant’s vocals, especially on a Zeppelin song, until I heard the distinctive wailing at the beginning of ‘Immigrant song’ but this time it was by Myles Kennedy. This was a goose bump moment and one which then became the definite highlight of the night. The musician who was a “replacement” in Kings of Chaos, (replacing Sebastian Back from Skid Row for the South African tour), had stolen the night and become the star of the show.
http://garycool.com/2013/06/review-king ... june-2013/

:mkrules :mkrules :mkrules
That review was great, here are some more praise he throws at Myles in that review:
After Joe had completed his two songs he asked for the crowd’s attention as he called the next two artists on stage; we all knew it was coming and we waited in anticipation. Once he announced Myles Kennedy, the crowd erupted for two reasons – it was Myles Kennedy and we knew with Myles came the legend Slash and we were right. Slash sauntered onto the stage and as a rock fan, that moment I always hoped I would witness in my lifetime was happening – Slash was about to play for ME! It was a moment which will remain firmly implanted in my memory forever; Slash, Duff, Matt, Gilby, Dave and Myles were on stage performing the first track from one of the first Rock albums I fell in love with Appetite for Destruction and the track was ‘Night Train’.

As the band broke out into ‘Night Train’, Slash jumped on to the drummer’s platform and greeted Matt Sorum with a nod and a smile, while his other ex-Guns n’ Roses counter part Duff Mc Kagen approached the pair and continued to jam with his long time friends. The second Guns n’ Roses track was ‘It’s so easy’ and even though this was not the original frontman of the Guns n’ Roses that we idolised in the late eighties and nineties, it was just as good and let’s not lie, filling the shoes of one of the most prolific frontmen of our generation is close to impossible, but Myles did it with ease and some might argue that his performance outshines Axl’s.
As each song from each of these bands was performed, the stage gradually started to fill up again with all the Kings of Chaos band members and the last member to join the rest of the band again was Myles Kennedy. Even though he boasts a vocal range which would make most vocalists jealous, he came across as a humble person as he walked on the stage and thanked the crowd before and after each song. Myles performed ‘Fall to pieces’ and when he was done, I was pleasantly surprised to witness Gilby Clarke approaching the mic. Before Gilby began the song, he spoke to the crowd and said “You guys sounded like Angles on that last one, I hope you will sing along to this one for me?” Gilby Started to strum ‘Knocking on heaven’s door’ and the rest of Kings strummed along, with Myles also grabbing a guitar and playing along.
Joe strode back to the side of the stage and swopped places with Myles Kennedy who would be ending off the show. Slash looked down at his gold Gibson and started to play one of the most iconic rock intros of all time – the intro to Guns n’ Roses ‘Sweet Child O’ mine’ – a moment all Guns n’ Roses fans were waiting for, in anticipation, the whole night. Myles took command of the stage yet again, before he hit the second chorus he faced his mic to the crowd and said “Let’s hear it” – “Oh, oh, oh Sweet child o’ mine” was sung by the adoring fans that filled the arena before Slash hit his solo which got the crowd cheering.

The song came to an end and Slash delivered once again, yet another powerful intro and this time to ‘Paradise City’, Matt Sorum beat those drums hard with precise timing and from the musicians on stage to the audience members, and even a few security guards, began to sing our last song together with Myles. The sound of “Take me down to the Paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty” filled the arena – this is what rock music is all about, different age groups, genders and races under one roof, forgetting all the cares in the world and singing along to an anthemic rock classic.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Man, Myles' voice sounds so strong. Now I finally understand that he can truly handle his schedule without fucking up his voice. I thought his voice was gonna be worn out for the new AB album, but now I see this tour is only gonna make it stronger.

:mkrules

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Communication breakdown without Myles :(
[youtube]http://youtu.be/oStoV_TzSDM[/youtube]
Fall To Pieces
[youtube]http://youtu.be/LD9N-1tHkN8[/youtube]
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Wow, Glenn Hughes doesn't sound so too good singing that one.
Photobucket cash grab.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Myles getting some vacation time in.
Myles Kennedy wrote:Heading out on a great white shark dive. If I get eaten...it's been nice knowing y'all:)
:lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

vmt7007
TABN.com Citizen

Post by vmt7007 »

Andy92 wrote:Myles getting some vacation time in.
Myles Kennedy wrote:Heading out on a great white shark dive. If I get eaten...it's been nice knowing y'all:)
:lol
After seeing some of the pictures Slash was tweeting of their surroundings I had no doubt that played a part in Myles agreeing to tag along for these few shows.

If you had been looking to get away for a few days for a summer vacation, you could do worse than the part of South Africa they are in.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

Full SCOM:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/tm-LmcPx5eg[/youtube]

That Fall to Pieces was amazing, Glenn Hughes sounded pretty good harmonizing with Myles too. I'm on the lookout for Immigrant Song and I'll definitely let post it if I find it. Hopefully somebody in that crowd filmed it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Myles:
Myles Kennedy wrote:Preparing for my first encounter with.... http://instagram.com/p/aZGSv1Jv4x/#
Myles Kennedy wrote:....a Great White Shark. Beautiful. http://instagram.com/p/aZGlFspv5L/#
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

The only thing I dont like about the review it is always linking Myles to Slash.

I understand he was there just because of Slash, he sang GnR and Velvet Revolver songs, ...
But, it just doesnt make Myles justice, you know... It outshines him... I dont know...

vmt7007
TABN.com Citizen

Post by vmt7007 »

The only thing I dont like about the review it is always linking Myles to Slash.
Why does it matter?

From the sounds of it there were alot of people that went home that night who maybe hadn't heard of Myles before who were left wowwed by the guy.

Doesn't matter how people get to know you, the important part is that they know you.

He helped tear the house down at a pair of shows that apparently went over very well, played with some awesome musicians/singers, and is out swimming with sharks right now in beautiful South Africa.

Myles is living the good life right now, and if that is what comes from being linked with Slash I am going to go out on a limb and say he'll take it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Roneit wrote:The only thing I dont like about the review it is always linking Myles to Slash.

I understand he was there just because of Slash, he sang GnR and Velvet Revolver songs, ...
But, it just doesnt make Myles justice, you know... It outshines him... I dont know...
I understand you, brother. Myles is the f'en man of a musician that can bring a lot more to the table than just being a singer and frontman to covers of the greatest songs ever conceived, but most people don't know or care about that. They just like hearing that he is Slash's singer (since Slash is a god to them) or that he is terrible compared to Axl and that he is nothing more than a karaoke singer.

Again, I just wish the mainstream public would understand that Myles has a great hand in terms of creating great music, instrumentally and lyrically and is a huge integral part in the creative process for two great current rock bands (and one that sadly never broke the right ceilings).

It is kinda like that Rock Star dilemma where Izzy was not really allowed to create new material for Steel Dragons and was just there to be the singer, nothing more, which resulted in him in leaving the band and set his own path creatively.

Again, if Myles is not given that right opportunity to express himself creatively, then he is not going to go along with whatever projects he is given. Though, Kings of Chaos is just an exception and a temporary thing, unless that actually becomes a band that creates new material which results in the end for AB (God, I hope that does not happen).

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

"The musician who was a “replacement” in Kings of Chaos, (replacing Sebastian Back from Skid Row for the South African tour), had stolen the night and become the star of the show."

That quote didn't really give me the impression that they're linking Myles with Slash all the time. The reviewer thought that Myles deserved to be there and even outshined some of those 'legendary' artists.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

Timotheus wrote:"The musician who was a “replacement” in Kings of Chaos, (replacing Sebastian Back from Skid Row for the South African tour), had stolen the night and become the star of the show."

That quote didn't really give me the impression that they're linking Myles with Slash all the time. The reviewer thought that Myles deserved to be there and even outshined some of those 'legendary' artists.
That's how I took it, too. That's why I posted that particular quote.

Omg! Just saw this on twitter! Some big MK love by a rock legend.

“@glenn_hughes: a lot of very talented singers over the years have come to me for advice: Myles is not only one of the finest singers. He is a genuine Soul”

“@glenn_hughes: Myles K & Glenn H...rock & soul brothers .. Capetown .. http://t.co/9D3qaw5Hdj