Myles Kennedy joins Kings of Chaos in SA

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: Myles Kennedy joins Kings of Chaos in SA

Post by Ubik »

That picture is ridiculous. You aren't on honeymoon, guys!

Add Glenn to the list of man-crushes for Myles.
For all of the hope that it brings...

vmt7007
TABN.com Citizen

Post by vmt7007 »

uctalum01 wrote:
Timotheus wrote:"The musician who was a “replacement” in Kings of Chaos, (replacing Sebastian Back from Skid Row for the South African tour), had stolen the night and become the star of the show."

That quote didn't really give me the impression that they're linking Myles with Slash all the time. The reviewer thought that Myles deserved to be there and even outshined some of those 'legendary' artists.
That's how I took it, too. That's why I posted that particular quote.

Omg! Just saw this on twitter! Some big MK love by a rock legend.

“@glenn_hughes: a lot of very talented singers over the years have come to me for advice: Myles is not only one of the finest singers. He is a genuine Soul”

“@glenn_hughes: Myles K & Glenn H...rock & soul brothers .. Capetown .. http://t.co/9D3qaw5Hdj
I posted earlier on the thread that learning about Myles these past few years and knowing how he is, the chance to hang out and play with Glen Hughes and Joe Elliot was a far bigger reason to go play these shows than playing with Slash/the GNR guys which he has done.

He "gets it" and wasn't going to pass up a vacation to one of the beautiful parts of the world that just happened to have some of his professions most accomplished singers on it, as well as a hell of a back-up band with the Illusions era GNR line-up behind you.

I figured this is how it would go, and I don't know how anyone could have gotten upset with him in the first place. You just don't turn down these kind of opportunities.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

vmt7007 wrote: I figured this is how it would go, and I don't know how anyone could have gotten upset with him in the first place. You just don't turn down these kind of opportunities.
I just think people here, myself included, are just a little upset that he choosing to do this, during the 4th album recording process, and, subconsciously, in people's mind, putting a certain amount of other priorities above working/playing with AB.

For the record, I know Myles is a great and good person that can make his own decisions, yadda yadda, and that when he gets back, he will nail everything out of the park for AB, just in time, to release the album in the fall and get ready to tear the houses down with Mark and everyone else, etc.

There is just a certain level of feeling abandoned, now, knowing that a key member of your favorite band of all time is doing something else during the time of recording the next album, for the moment.

I know I should not feel that way, but I just do to an extend.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I think Alter Bridge is everyone's number 1 priority...except maybe for Myles. Might say his devotion is tied between his two groups right now, but it's obvious the other 3 guys put AB ahead of Creed. Myles doesn't seem to put the band before Slash quite the same way, but I won't fault him for it. He wouldn't be playing with Slash anyways had the Creed reunion not happened leaving him with nothing to do.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

I was amused at Mark tweeting Myles "You crazy!" and then RTing the soul comment from Glenn :)
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

I am totally supportive of Myles (and the other guys) being involved in side projects. Creative people like to do many different things and better that than burnout.

But I draw the line at shark tank diving. No no no no no. :no
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

anguyen92 wrote:
vmt7007 wrote: I figured this is how it would go, and I don't know how anyone could have gotten upset with him in the first place. You just don't turn down these kind of opportunities.
I just think people here, myself included, are just a little upset that he choosing to do this, during the 4th album recording process, and, subconsciously, in people's mind, putting a certain amount of other priorities above working/playing with AB.

For the record, I know Myles is a great and good person that can make his own decisions, yadda yadda, and that when he gets back, he will nail everything out of the park for AB, just in time, to release the album in the fall and get ready to tear the houses down with Mark and everyone else, etc.

There is just a certain level of feeling abandoned, now, knowing that a key member of your favorite band of all time is doing something else during the time of recording the next album, for the moment.

I know I should not feel that way, but I just do to an extend.
I agree with everything you just said. Am I happy for Myles? Yes. Is he becoming known throughout the rock world every single day? Yes. Do I want him to stay locked in a closet in the studio while AB is recording even if its not even his part? HELL YES

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

for what it is worth. Paul Geary (AB's manager) is the manager for the Kings of Chaos.

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

julio wrote:for what it is worth. Paul Geary (AB's manager) is the manager for the Kings of Chaos.
haha! I thought I saw the other manager (Steve?) in the google hangout video. I suppose it's entirely possible I did with that in mind.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Glenn is just learning what we've known for years about Myles. I'm gonna photoshop my head in for Glenn's on that picture. :shifty

As much as we all fret about MK leaving AB recording, you gotta believe he discussed this with Mark and Brian and Scott and has their blessing. Myles doesn't seem the type to just up and leave his band. It's only 2 weeks and Mark is using the time to get his solos done, and it looks like Brian has some additional tracking also. If Myles were finishing his vocals, all that work would have to be done later anyway. The only thing that has changed is the order of who is tracking what.

And think of the pub that Alter Bridge is getting by having Myles do these shows, both with the fans and with some pretty big peers in the industry. I think the Kings of Chaos shows will do a lot more good for AB than bad.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

oops he did it again! PC from the second night. damn @4:42!

[youtube]http://youtu.be/Rg9ToRvC7cU[/youtube]

also, I was just looking at Glenn Hughes' twitter and it looks like he and Paul Geary were along for the shark diving with Myles and Selena.
Glenn Hughes wrote:Morn all. .....Off to the shark cages...Myles and Selena , Paul Geary and myself ...
edit: ooops! just realize I had the wrong time and quote fail.... fixed.
Last edited by uctalum01 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I loved the jump at the end of the high note :D
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

Immigrant Song was a go the second night for sure! Only a minute video, though. Dirty tease! Lol.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/koWlu0p_YZE[/youtube]

He was definitely feeling it at :35! :) :mkrules

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

omg that is so good.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Finally! :D he sounds so good in those high notes!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

Maaaaan do I want a full version of Immigrant Song. That sounded amazing (not that I'm surprised either)!

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

vmt7007 wrote:
The only thing I dont like about the review it is always linking Myles to Slash.
Why does it matter?

From the sounds of it there were alot of people that went home that night who maybe hadn't heard of Myles before who were left wowwed by the guy.

Doesn't matter how people get to know you, the important part is that they know you.

He helped tear the house down at a pair of shows that apparently went over very well, played with some awesome musicians/singers, and is out swimming with sharks right now in beautiful South Africa.

Myles is living the good life right now, and if that is what comes from being linked with Slash I am going to go out on a limb and say he'll take it.
I understand what you said, but that wasnt my point.

What I dont like is when they are going to talk about Myles, they linked him to Slash, as if this is a thing that define him. Myles is bigger than the Slash's project and I even would say bigger than AB (I am not saying that in a bad way - what I meant its that Myles just took part of AB after second album, so even if just see him throught AB, you wont get full perspective of who he really is and the things he is capable of).

He is the freaking mind behind of so so so good songs, with a incredible voice, incredible guitar skills and a incredible soul. You cant reduce him to a replacer.

It is just the way I feel when I see this kind of description of him.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Roneit wrote: I understand what you said, but that wasnt my point.

What I dont like is when they are going to talk about Myles, they linked him to Slash, as if this is a thing that define him. Myles is bigger than the Slash's project and I even would say bigger than AB (I am not saying that in a bad way - what I meant its that Myles just took part of AB after second album, so even if just see him throught AB, you wont get full perspective of who he really is and the things he is capable of).

He is the freaking mind behind of so so so good songs, with a incredible voice, incredible guitar skills and a incredible soul. You cant reduce him to a replacer.

It is just the way I feel when I see this kind of description of him.
I concur with this thought. Exactly, what I thought of with my last post of this topic.

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

anguyen92 wrote:
I concur with this thought. Exactly, what I thought of with my last post of this topic.
[/quote]

Yes, I saw what you wrote and I could agree more. Hell, you explained a lot better than me. I almost quote what you wrote too, but I imagined that make two quotes at once wouldnt look nice.

:)

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

anguyen92 wrote: I concur with this thought. Exactly, what I thought of with my last post of this topic.
Yes, I saw what you wrote and I could agree more. Hell, you explained a lot better than me. I almost quote what you wrote too, but I imagined that make two quotes at once wouldnt look nice.

:)