Slash Myles Conspirators live summer 2013

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
agny
On The Rail

Slash Myles Conspirators live summer 2013

Post by agny »

--edited to change title to July now that there are more dates, not just this one---

Just had this surprise in an email from Ticketmaster, checked several websites and it looks real

Def Leppard w/ special guests Slash, Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators
Wed, 07/17/13 7:00pm
Constellation Brands Marvin Sands Performing Arts Center: CMAC Canandaigua
on sale Sat, 04/13/13 10:00am http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/00004 ... norcatid=1

Canandaigua is southeast of Rochester, NY. Venue has it listed too: http://cmacevents.com/BuyTickets/UpcomingEvents Also Slash's tour page http://slashonline.com/tour/

Edit - some dates are with Def Leppard, some not
http://www.defleppard.com/tours/
Last edited by agny on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Slash Myles Conspirators opening for Def Leppard

Post by uctalum01 »

I saw that. too far away from me and on a weeknight. hoping they'll hop down a bit southeast and catch a New England date or 2 (or at least NYC) while they're around.

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

Even if SMC aren't opening for a longer Def Leppard tour would seem like a lot of bother for just one date. Hope they play where and when you can see them.

Marcos
Achilles

Post by Marcos »

Pour some sugar on me... Hahaha I'd love to see Myles singing it!

agny
On The Rail

Re: Slash Myles Conspirators live summer 2013

Post by agny »

Slash tweeted about more dates being posted (not all with Myles)
http://slashonline.com/tour/
May - Phillipines, China, South Korea, Japan
June - South Africa
July - Canada, US
Last edited by agny on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

June in South Africa is not with Myles and the guys. That's kings of chaos.

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

uctalum01 wrote:June in South Africa is not with Myles and the guys. That's kings of chaos.
Oh, that's right, I should have been more careful. I was just thinking maybe I'd missed the South Africa thing. Must not post while sleep-deprived!

vmt7007
TABN.com Citizen

Post by vmt7007 »

uctalum01 wrote:June in South Africa is not with Myles and the guys. That's kings of chaos.
Those 3 South Africa dates for KOC are going to be kind of cool actually.

Slash/Duff/Matt Sorum and Gilby Clarke are going to be playing the GNR songs with Sebastian Bach on vocals.

Basically it is the Illusions era line-up minus Axl, which will be kind of cool to see videos of (I was a big GNR fan). Bach, like Myles has a massive range so he should do OK singing those songs.

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

vmt7007 wrote:

Slash/Duff/Matt Sorum and Gilby Clarke are going to be playing the GNR songs with Sebastian Bach on vocals.

Basically it is the Illusions era line-up minus Axl, which will be kind of cool to see videos of (I was a big GNR fan). Bach, like Myles has a massive range so he should do OK singing those songs.
Wow, that will be very nice to see!! I always thought that Velvet Revolver would have that line-up.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Roneit wrote: Wow, that will be very nice to see!! I always thought that Velvet Revolver would have that line-up.
Speaking of Velvet Revolver, I am assuming that this group is officially over due to the fact that they feel that there are no suitable singers to replace Weiland?

Maybe, Slash/Duff/Sorum have a couple of ideas stocked that is suitable for each other's playing styles and create an EP or something while Myles is with AB, just to fill the time.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

Roneit wrote:
vmt7007 wrote:

Wow, that will be very nice to see!! I always thought that Velvet Revolver would have that line-up.
If I'm not mistaken, Slash says in his book that Sebastian Bach came in for VR auditions but it (obviously) didn't work out for some reason

vmt7007
TABN.com Citizen

Post by vmt7007 »

didn't work out for some reason
He said no matter what they did they sounded like Skid Row, and that wasn't what the band wanted.

Contraband was a good record, and even though it was Scott Weiland on vocals they never had an STP vibe about them.

VR wouldn't have had half the success they did with Bach on vocals (even though he is a good singer).

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

anguyen92 wrote: Maybe, Slash/Duff/Sorum have a couple of ideas stocked that is suitable for each other's playing styles and create an EP or something while Myles is with AB, just to fill the time.
Yeah, they should do that. It seems that Slash is content just writing for the next Myles & Conspirators record, though. I'm sure Duff and Sorum really want to do something with VR though

vmt7007 wrote:
didn't work out for some reason
He said no matter what they did they sounded like Skid Row, and that wasn't what the band wanted.
That's right, thanks for the clarification

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

anguyen92 wrote:
Roneit wrote: Wow, that will be very nice to see!! I always thought that Velvet Revolver would have that line-up.
Speaking of Velvet Revolver, I am assuming that this group is officially over due to the fact that they feel that there are no suitable singers to replace Weiland?

Maybe, Slash/Duff/Sorum have a couple of ideas stocked that is suitable for each other's playing styles and create an EP or something while Myles is with AB, just to fill the time.
I think Slash is having such a great time with the Conspirators band that he doesnt have the urge to come back to VR. I think, deep down, when they first have the idea for VR, they were trying to do something like the Conspirators. Go out on tour, play new songs mixed with GNR songs, but they didnt find the vocal that were able to do that.

I think since Slash left GnR it is the first time he is happy in a band. I think if Myles had joined VR at first, they would have became more sucessful and happy about it.

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

July 8th at HOB Boston!! YES!!! :D :headbang