MK Nottingham interview - Halestorm, new AB, more

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

MK Nottingham interview - Halestorm, new AB, more

Post by MidnightToker »

I know this video was posted somewhere else but I thought it was really great and I wanted to transcribe it for those who don't want to watch all 14 minutes of it:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/QfEHWQUOn60[/youtube]

At about 3:52 mark, Myles says this about working on a Halestorm song:
I was really flattered that they asked me to be a part of it. I don't know if it's been released yet or not but they had a few different singers sing this cool tune they have. I was really flattered to be...among the singers they asked, because there were some great singers.
This was news to me. Anyone know if this has been released yet, or when it will? Sounds kinda cool, multiple "great" singers on one song.

On releasing an instructional DVD like Mark did:
Who knows? That could happen. I was a guitar instructor...that was really my first real job...I taught off and on for 15-17 years...so I feel like maybe at some point it would be cool to put something out, to explain the fundamentals...just to touch on things I touched with hundreds of students back in the day.

An awkward non-answer about the release of his PRS signature model (around 6 minutes):
Well, you know, who knows...if I tell you they will kill me

On Alter Bridge acoustic record idea:
We talked at one point about possibly trying to do an acoustic EP instead of a full album, so who knows...maybe re-doing [some previous songs] acoustically. It's a tricky thing doing an acoustic record as a rock band, as a hard rock band in particular...some people might really enjoy it, but others might say 'ah, they're getting soft'...you have to be really careful

On lyrical subject of new AB album:
It's still in an embryonic stage, as far as themes go and everything...I know personally I'm still trying to decide what is the best way to go. The music is still evolving, and when it evolves then I'll step back and go 'OK, let's try this'. It's still a ways off...we've still got a lot of work to do

On musical direction of new AB album:
I think we've kind of established our sound, especially on the Blackbird record, so it's going to be a continuation of that. It's just what avenues you move into and explore a little more. Once you find a sound that your fans enjoy, that you connect with, you don't want to stray too far from that. We're not going to come out with some sort of jazz odyssey on the fourth record...we'll still try to make a record that sounds like Alter Bridge, but at the same time is not just a regurgitation of [previous albums]. That's the hard part.

On new Slash album:
There have been ideas kicked around now for months, just bits and pieces. [Slash] is extremely prolific when it comes to writing riffs and musical ideas....it's still very early but....[Slash walks in].....it's some really cool stuff, it's so different from Alter Bridge and anything I would come up with on my own.

Other notes:

- Myles mentioned "being in the minority" for not liking the name "AB III" and he wanted to try to come up with a name. He said new record will definitely not be called AB4.
- Schedule-wise, he says they'll be working on new AB record now with the May Slash shows being the only interruption in the writing and recording process
- He was about to answer a question about his solo record but a lady walked in and said they had to wrap the interview up

cointurtlemoose
Loyal Follower

Re: MK Nottingham interview - Halestorm, new AB, more

Post by cointurtlemoose »

Good post. Bahahaha about it getting interrupted right when we could have heard about the solo record... I would look forward to that more than AB4!

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

I still can't find anything about the Myles/Halestorm collaboration. I wonder when this will be released

Clyde
Bought The CDs

Post by Clyde »

Alter Bridge and Halestorm will be touring together so maybe there could be more to this song.