Slash interview 11 Feb 2013 BeInTV Prague

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
agny
On The Rail

Slash interview 11 Feb 2013 BeInTV Prague

Post by agny »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/SCj3tL1bcnA[/youtube]
Slash has done lots of writing for next album on the road already; how much he loves band; Todd as a vocal lead on any new songs? maybe; new Slash album 2014, must come after Alter Bridge album and tour; Slash played on Myles' solo album; on saying no to offers to play with some major pop stars; horror movie Nothing Left to Fear w/ slow dark song with Myles should be out summer or fall 2013; Randy Blythe
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Slash interview 11 Feb 2013 BeInTV Prague

Post by MidnightToker »

Wow, what a great interview. Slash really talks openly about things.

It's an interesting to hear him talk about the next record, saying it's going to be really good and they've already worked on things together as a band. He also basically implies that Velvet Revolver is something he's not at all interested in right now, saying that Myles & the Conspirators are his band now.

Also really good to hear Slash talking about giving Myles his space for Alter Bridge. I know that's been a hot topic around here lately and Slash seems to be very respectful of Alter Bridge in this interview:
"Myles has to do the Alter Bridge cycle. He's working on that record in between these little tours that we're doing. So he's a very busy guy. We've kept him busy between myself and Mark Tremonti. He goes back and forth, he never gets a break. But anyway, as soon as [the Alter Bridge] tour is done we'll put [our next album] out."
Like the rest of us, Slash wants Myles' solo album release:
"[His solo album] is almost done, I played on it. I keep asking him, 'When are you going to put that out' and I don't know, he hasn't had time I guess."
Slash on working with Lady Gaga:
"No...I don't see how that would work myself. Some things like that have come up, I haven't really had time. I'm pretty picky about it nowadays. I got an offer to play on a very popular pop artist's record, and I always say "send me the music first'. I don't do it just to do it, I do it because there is something I can contribute to it musically. And I was like, 'I can't play this. You don't need me to play on this', and so I didn't do it."
Slash says the song he did with Myles for his movie Nothing Left to Fear is slow, dark and very different.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Nice interview. Thanks for sharing.

So, we're getting a new AB album this year and Slash's new album in 2014. Man, I wanted 2014 to be the year for AB's touring and possibly Myles' solo album release. Now I'm hoping for 2015 for Myles' solo album. Shit, I can't wait that long.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

ANOTHER album...? Just give Myles back now thanks.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

:lol I [don't] like how he says how busy Myles is and how he doesn't get a break and then says, so anyway, we'll do the next record after the AB stuff is done. Basically saying he doesn't get a break and I'm not giving him one.
Photobucket cash grab.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Ryan wrote::lol I [don't] like how he says how busy Myles is and how he doesn't get a break and then says, so anyway, we'll do the next record after the AB stuff is done. Basically saying he doesn't get a break and I'm not giving him one.
This. :lol

Slash just needs to fuck off a little bit [Not that I don't like his work with Myles]. He just needs to let Myles take a rest [about 3-6 months so that he could have enough time to finish up his solo album, release it and tour a little bit]. Knowing that none of this ain't happening, I gotta fucking hope for 2015 to be the year for Myles and his solo album.
But there's one thing I'm so happy about, we're getting a new AB album. Bring it on! :headbang

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Maybe Myles doesn't want a break..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

This, Myles also has something we all have, it's called free will.

Myles obviously thinks he can handle himself, otherwise he wouldn't put himself up for all these tour dates and albums. Slash isn't holding a gun to his head saying "you must play these dates with me!!". It's absolutely ridiculous to think that Slash is the sole reason why Myles doesn't get a break. If Myles wanted a break as much people on here seem to think he does, I'm pretty sure he would have given himself a break by now. It's obvious by the way Slash speaks and how the schedules have worked out that the schedules are a collaboration between Myles, Slash and everyone else, it's not like Slash is saying "I wanna tour next month, you better fucking be ready".

People just need to look at the situation a bit more logically sometimes. I'm sure Myles isn't some bitch that will just do whatever he's told, whenever he's told.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

Here's what I find interesting: people want Myles to take a break, but if he does, we'd all be asking when he's finally going to get back to work.