MK & PRS

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
Ryan
Blood Machines

Re: MK & PRS

Post by Ryan »

Haven't heard a peep...a good thing though because I have no money for one right now :lol
Photobucket cash grab.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

First time I've seen this. I think Myles should definitely get a signature guitar based on his almost ethereal use of one in AB, his raw talent, and the scope of music he enjoys playing. It'd definitely have a unique sound in my mind.

But

I also think he should release his solo album before getting a signature guitar at the very least. He just doesn't have enough of his own work under his belt available to the community in my mind that merits it. TM4 and everything previously not only aren't well known enough, but Myles has learned a ton and grown his style since 2002, especially with most of that time spent around Tremonti (I didn't even know his Fortress solo with sweep wasn't Tremonti until later on). Unless it's an SE (can't watch the YT videos at work, he might have said it's an SE).

Then again, having the signature guitar would be cool for making his solo album. I dunno, I guess I'll just say that I'm excited to see how it looks/sounds and I think he deserves it, but that I'm also surprised.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

I think he's got a significant enough presence between his work with Alter Bridge and Slash (a legend in his own right). Although I see your point -- he's technically the lead vocalist in both bands, and while he does contribute significant guitar parts to AB, he hardly does so with Slash.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

abw1987 wrote:Myles can hardly keep the news to himself in this interview (starts at 5:50):

Oh my god, was a monkey manning the camera?! :smashcomp