The Official MAYFIELD FOUR Thread

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: The Official MAYFIELD FOUR Thread

Post by Violent Corpse »

Wow amazing songs!

MF4 was a class act. I hope they reunite.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

haha which will be the end of alter bridge

Decay

Post by Decay »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/kJrn8aeW4aA[/youtube]
[youtube]http://youtu.be/55Vowt1q9cc[/youtube]
[youtube]http://youtu.be/wNYtU3aXKJ0[/youtube]
[youtube]http://youtu.be/hsH4ZbZxdx8[/youtube]
[youtube]http://youtu.be/7tcZl97DWec[/youtube]

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

AB23 wrote:haha which will be the end of alter bridge
Nothing to complain.

I've always thought MF4 was twice the band that AB are.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

What a nice surprise.
I never thought we'd hear new MF4 songs.
Obivously, those songs aren't the best of their discography, and they all sound like raw demos (drums in particular sound awful, but that may be because of soundcloud's compression algorithm), but this band was just incredible, and Myles's voice was on another level in those days (so much emotion, and none of the AB lyrical cheesiness).
MF4ever !

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

chtimixeur wrote:What a nice surprise.
I never thought we'd hear new MF4 songs.
Obivously, those songs aren't the best of their discography, and they all sound like raw demos (drums in particular sound awful, but that may be because of soundcloud's compression algorithm), but this band was just incredible, and Myles's voice was on another level in those days (so much emotion, and none of the AB lyrical cheesiness).
MF4ever !
No offense but apparently you haven't really listen to MF4 The Fallout if you think they didn't think they were cheesy lyrically, I'm not knocking them just pointing out the obvious.

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

^ Which specific lyrics on Fallout do you think are cheesy? Nothing sticks out for me at the moment. Nothing worse then "I want to rise today and change this world" or "to the darkness I am born" surely.

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

Duuuuuuude...

New songs from MF4! That was really unexpected! To the piratebaymobile, now!!

Reigns Over me, what a solo, what a vocal... legendary!

Edit: no torrent... =(
well, youtubedownload it is. =)

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Roneit wrote:Duuuuuuude...

SHHH WE CANT SPEAK OF THOSE THINGS HERE!

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

AB23 wrote:
Roneit wrote:Duuuuuuude...

SHHH WE CANT SPEAK OF THOSE THINGS HERE!
Yes, but there is no way to have any kind of original material of MF4 in my country... if there were any, I will buy for sure.

All the AB stuff, I always buy the official ones. We have to support our favorite band.
;)

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

I made a cover for this collection of songs if anybody's interested in it. I redid the Second Skin cover with a new picture of Myles and put the Fallout cover in the background, it came out pretty cool. If anybody wants it just let me know and I'll upload it when I'm on my other laptop!

Oh and I called it "My Troubled Face" because I heard it in one of the songs and it kind of suits since his face is on the cover (cheesy but whatever =P).

AustinH22
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by AustinH22 »

Violent Corpse wrote:
AB23 wrote:haha which will be the end of alter bridge
Nothing to complain.

I've always thought MF4 was twice the band that AB are.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

psycosquirrel789 wrote:^ Which specific lyrics on Fallout do you think are cheesy? Nothing sticks out for me at the moment. Nothing worse then "I want to rise today and change this world" or "to the darkness I am born" surely.
Shuddershell first verse

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Inconquerable wrote:I made a cover for this collection of songs if anybody's interested in it. I redid the Second Skin cover with a new picture of Myles and put the Fallout cover in the background, it came out pretty cool. If anybody wants it just let me know and I'll upload it when I'm on my other laptop!

Oh and I called it "My Troubled Face" because I heard it in one of the songs and it kind of suits since his face is on the cover (cheesy but whatever =P).
I'd love to see it!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Jhenrid wrote: No offense but apparently you haven't really listen to MF4 The Fallout if you think they didn't think they were cheesy lyrically, I'm not knocking them just pointing out the obvious.
Dude, unlike many MF4 "fans", I actually own a pyshical copy of the album Fallout :P
To be honest, I don't read lyrics in detail, it's not my thing, but MF4 never sounded cheesy to my ears. IMHO, Myles was just being extremely sincere back then when he was wiriting lyrics, and even though he's never ben the greatest writer, you could tell he was speaking from the heart on those 2 MF4 albums. I have very rarely heard that kind of emotion in AB material.

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

Cheesy or not, I love it.

I love how the melodies in the songs of MF4 have so much feeling. I wish they could do that in ABIV.

Nick
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Nick »

What's cheesy about that first verse? He admits those first two lines are cliches. They're supposed to be.
gbruin wrote:Everything Nick says is true. Even when he disagrees with me. Then it's extra true.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

chtimixeur wrote:
Jhenrid wrote: No offense but apparently you haven't really listen to MF4 The Fallout if you think they didn't think they were cheesy lyrically, I'm not knocking them just pointing out the obvious.
Dude, unlike many MF4 "fans", I actually own a pyshical copy of the album Fallout :P
To be honest, I don't read lyrics in detail, it's not my thing, but MF4 never sounded cheesy to my ears. IMHO, Myles was just being extremely sincere back then when he was wiriting lyrics, and even though he's never ben the greatest writer, you could tell he was speaking from the heart on those 2 MF4 albums. I have very rarely heard that kind of emotion in AB material.
Gotta agree with chtimixeur on this one (I think that's twice this year! ;) ) And I own both discs, too.
To me, the lyrics on the MF4 records are more raw and honest than his AB stuff, though I do love both.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I remember Myles saying the MF4 songs were like journal diaries of his life back then, and that's one of the reasons they were very personal and hard to revisit for him years later. For the most part, they reminded him of some dark times in his life.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

what type of genre would one classify these guys? i mean some of their songs are traditional radio friendly alternative type but their element was more of the softer acoustic type of songs. i think thats why i like them so much. im not a big fan of head pounding fast and hard guitar type of songs. more of the happy softer songs like BTC or songs like that are what i love, i just dont really know how you would classify these guys