Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & the Conspirators Live

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
Dolo
Burn It Down

Re: Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & the Conspirators Live

Post by Dolo »

BSC wrote:Slash annoys me with his UK tours, fair enough he comes over here quite often, but always seems to play the same cities, hasn't really played anywhere close to the South West.

Birmingham isn't too bad, but it's pretty far away
Gosh, why does British people always talk shit about touring dates in their country? You should appreciate that you have a full UK tour, when for example Eastern Europe gets NOTHING. Nothing in Poland, Slovakia, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Ukraine, Belarus, Czech Republic etc.
It always pisses me off when someone says "OMG I'M FROM BIRMINGHAM, WHY NO BIRMINGHAM, I HAVE TO TRAVEL 117 MILES TO LONDON!!!!1111" when, for instance, I have to travel 720 kilometers from Eastern Poland to Berlin to see Slash.
Jesus, give us a break. It is not fair...
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

My ears are still ringing from Tuesday night. One of my all time favorite shows and I've seen some amazing ones over the past few years.

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

NytestrykerZ wrote:My ears are still ringing from Tuesday night. One of my all time favorite shows and I've seen some amazing ones over the past few years.
earplugs are your friend. :yes mine probably would be ringing from last night if I didn't use them. I still hear just fine with them with damaging my ears with the mega-decibels. I think I got some rocker neck going on though. ow... bring on tomorrow night!! :D :headbang

Patty
White Knuckled

Post by Patty »

dolo1993 wrote:
BSC wrote:Slash annoys me with his UK tours, fair enough he comes over here quite often, but always seems to play the same cities, hasn't really played anywhere close to the South West.

Gosh, why does British people always talk shit about touring dates in their country? You should appreciate that you have a full UK tour, when for example Eastern Europe gets NOTHING. Nothing in Poland, Slovakia, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Ukraine, Belarus, Czech Republic etc.
It always pisses me off when someone says "OMG I'M FROM BIRMINGHAM, WHY NO BIRMINGHAM, I HAVE TO TRAVEL 117 MILES TO LONDON!!!!1111" when, for instance, I have to travel 720 kilometers from Eastern Poland to Berlin to see Slash.
Because we're British and that's what we do. You don't see me coming in here and having a go at you for consuming Vodka for breakfast!
Credit to the original sig creator. (Please remind me who you are so I can credit you properly)

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

uctalum01 wrote:
NytestrykerZ wrote:My ears are still ringing from Tuesday night. One of my all time favorite shows and I've seen some amazing ones over the past few years.
earplugs are your friend. :yes mine probably would be ringing from last night if I didn't use them. I still hear just fine with them with damaging my ears with the mega-decibels. I think I got some rocker neck going on though. ow... bring on tomorrow night!! :D :headbang
Haha, my neck was killing me by 'Mr. Brownstone' which would've been 5 songs in! Haha. I'll have to remember the earplugs next time but I was right in front of Myles all of the concert so I can't complain too much. Enjoy the next show! Wish I could catch another show on this tour.
Last edited by NytestrykerZ on Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

dolo1993 wrote:

Haha.. I couldn't give a shit how far you've got to travel for concerts, my point was that Slash always seems to play the same areas, which doesn't really make much sense to me, and while Birmingham isn't as far in terms as your 720 kilometers example, it's far for me considering I'm not in a hurry to see Slash. I've travelled further for concerts before, and will probably continue to do so. But this time, no.

I could have posted a politer response, but I don't see why you felt the need to jump down my throat. I wasn't "talking shit" about his tours, I was simply making an oberversation. You don't "have to" travel 720 kilometers to see Slash, you choose to, much like how I choose not to travel to Birmingham to see him.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

BSC wrote:
Haha.. I couldn't give a shit how far you've got to travel for concerts, my point was that Slash always seems to play the same areas, which doesn't really make much sense to me, and while Birmingham isn't as far in terms as your 720 kilometers example, it's far for me considering I'm not in a hurry to see Slash. I've travelled further for concerts before, and will probably continue to do so. But this time, no.

I could have posted a politer response, but I don't see why you felt the need to jump down my throat. I wasn't "talking shit" about his tours, I was simply making an oberversation. You don't "have to" travel 720 kilometers to see Slash, you choose to, much like how I choose not to travel to Birmingham to see him.
Man, I'm not talking about you particulary, but I have an average Britishmen on my mind, and I'm also not talking about this Slash tour particulary. Every time any band announces UK Tour on Facebook, every time I see people going like "No Edinburgh? ;( Why?" and shit like that, when the nearest show is in Glasgow which is like 50 fucking miles from thence, and considering how easy and cheap is it to travel around UK even without having a car, things like that just seriously piss me off. Maybe it just me, but I live in a shitty country called Poland, and it's really annoying that I have to wait 1312124124 years for my favourite band to come there or instead of it, travel 43413412 miles to see them in some other place.
Last edited by Dolo on Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

Yeah I get what you're saying now. I live in a fairly boring area of the UK, so I usually travel atleast an hour for concerts, so I do find it strange when people expect bands to be playing on their doorstep. While many bands do forget the UK, or only play the occassional date every so often we are reasonably well-off in terms of bands that tour. I struggle to travel distances, so generally concerts aren't a very high priority for me, and I'll only travel over an hour for a band that I really want to see, so as you can imagine I don't to concerts very often simply because of choice.

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

Wellmont is nearly full. All seated theater and after long drive I'm way up in the remaining balcony seats. Folks up here better be energetic.
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

Slash dedicated the first encore, Fall to Pieces, to Randy Blythe

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

Found a video of Starlight from last night at Wellmont Theater in Montclair NJ. Don't really have a recap, but the whole band was fantastic. Great musicians who play so well together and have fun doing it. Wish the crowd had been a little more energetic, at least in my section, but that's what happens with seats I guess. Wanted to have Todd and Brent sign stuff as who knows when I'll have another chance, but couldn't wait around after the concert. Saw some AB and Tremonti T-shirts, and middle schoolers to retirees in the crowd. Edit to add, I'm not always a fan of guitar soloing if it just seems pasted into a song but Slash's solos during Anastasia, Rocket Queen, a long bluesy jam the band did, others were just wonderful.
[youtube]http://youtu.be/emvBGAcRDoI[/youtube]

Rosenblaetter
Loyal Follower

Post by Rosenblaetter »

BSC wrote:
dolo1993 wrote:

To be honest I feel exacly what dolo1993 feels.

I travelled to Berlin to see AB after years and years of waiting - I didn't see it as a choice really... there was just no other way to make a dream come true. And - to be honest - it meant no other diversions for me for the following 6 months.
That is why we tend to get annoyed by your complaining.
You have many shows to choose from and many artists - you can go to shows you really want to see, or to some you just go to because you're bored.
If some US artists who hardly ever visit Europe decide to play a gig or two - it's gonna be the UK. Some fans are able to follow the band and see 4-5 shows within two weeks in their own country.

We have no such opportunities and even if we had, I doubt we could afford it.

So... you are lucky bastards and we are jealous music fanatics ;) :cheers

Anyway - I guess an AB fan from Indonesia or China could say that we Poles are lucky too...
FYI I'm a woman.
--------------------
Past shows: Alter Bridge 10.11 NL, Kensington 11.11 NL, Alter Bridge 16.11 PL
Future shows: Kensington 15.02 DE, Kensington 17.02 PL, Rival Sons 18.02 PL

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: DOWN IN FRONT

Post by zazthespaz »

agny wrote:Found a video of Starlight from last night at Wellmont Theater in Montclair NJ. Don't really have a recap, but the whole band was fantastic. Great musicians who play so well together and have fun doing it. Wish the crowd had been a little more energetic, at least in my section, but that's what happens with seats I guess. Wanted to have Todd and Brent sign stuff as who knows when I'll have another chance, but couldn't wait around after the concert. Saw some AB and Tremonti T-shirts, and middle schoolers to retirees in the crowd. Edit to add, I'm not always a fan of guitar soloing if it just seems pasted into a song but Slash's solos during Anastasia, Rocket Queen, a long bluesy jam the band did, others were just wonderful.
You were there too?! I was one of the guys in a Tremonti shirt! I didn't see any others.

The crowd did suck, quite a downer. I was up in the balcony and people only stood up for GnR songs and then sat back down. I was in the one of the first couple of rows so even though I wanted to stand for the whole thing, I didn't want to block anyone and sat down. Other than that, overall pretty good show, especially the blues jam, really liked that one. Where were you seated?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

agny
On The Rail

Re: DOWN IN FRONT

Post by agny »

zazthespaz wrote:You were there too?! I was one of the guys in a Tremonti shirt! I didn't see any others.

The crowd did suck, quite a downer. I was up in the balcony and people only stood up for GnR songs and then sat back down. I was in the one of the first couple of rows so even though I wanted to stand for the whole thing, I didn't want to block anyone and sat down. Other than that, overall pretty good show, especially the blues jam, really liked that one. Where were you seated?
Well, perhaps 'twas you I saw in the Tremonti shirt.

I was up in the upper balcony on the left side. A few of us women scattered around there stood up for most of the concert. I've been to the Wellmont once before and for some reason I thought the floor was going to be standing, at least the very front, but I guess I had it confused with another venue. Trying to get there early would have been difficult and I didn't want to battle a bunch of big guys in a GA crowd. I hope the band could see that some balcony folks were rocking out. It was a very GnR crowd, or at least a radio hits crowd.

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

Rocket Queen Montclair NJ Wellmont Theater
[youtube]http://youtu.be/bMJRQuKcVXg[/youtube]

More vids on another channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/WWEFanaticWWE

Setlist.fm listing
Halo
Nightrain
Ghost
Standing in the Sun
Back From Cali
Mr. Brownstone
Beggars & Hangers-On
Not for Me
Rocket Queen
Doctor Alibi
Out Ta Get Me
No More Heroes
Starlight
Hard & Fast
Guitar Solo / Godfather Theme
Anastasia
Sweet Child O' Mine
You're a Lie
Slither
Encore:
Fall to Pieces
Paradise City

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

Rosenblaetter wrote:
BSC wrote:
dolo1993 wrote:

To be honest I feel exacly what dolo1993 feels.

I travelled to Berlin to see AB after years and years of waiting - I didn't see it as a choice really... there was just no other way to make a dream come true. And - to be honest - it meant no other diversions for me for the following 6 months.
That is why we tend to get annoyed by your complaining.
You have many shows to choose from and many artists - you can go to shows you really want to see, or to some you just go to because you're bored.
If some US artists who hardly ever visit Europe decide to play a gig or two - it's gonna be the UK. Some fans are able to follow the band and see 4-5 shows within two weeks in their own country.

We have no such opportunities and even if we had, I doubt we could afford it.

So... you are lucky bastards and we are jealous music fanatics ;) :cheers

Anyway - I guess an AB fan from Indonesia or China could say that we Poles are lucky too...
I'm getting a bit bored of this now, I fully understand what you're saying, if you knew my circumstances I'm sure you would understand why I don't want to travel that far to see Slash. It's not even like I'm that bothered about it, if I really wanted to see Slash, I would, but I don't feel that inclined to go. If Slash was one of my favourite artists, I'd go, but he's not.

I know you're talking about British as a whole, but it feels like I'm being targetted here for making a reasonable post, and I'm not sure why you felt the need to chip in when I thought me and Dolo had settled it?

Rosenblaetter
Loyal Follower

Post by Rosenblaetter »

BSC wrote: It's not even like I'm that bothered about it, if I really wanted to see Slash, I would, but I don't feel that inclined to go. If Slash was one of my favourite artists, I'd go, but he's not.
I get that - I would do the same if I were you.
You're not being targetted for making a reasonable post - simply this one particular reasonable post pushed Dolo to mention the problem.
And I 'chipped in' because it's a discussion board. I felt the need to say that Dolo is not the only one who feels like that sometimes.
Chill :)

Let's go back to Slash.
FYI I'm a woman.
--------------------
Past shows: Alter Bridge 10.11 NL, Kensington 11.11 NL, Alter Bridge 16.11 PL
Future shows: Kensington 15.02 DE, Kensington 17.02 PL, Rival Sons 18.02 PL

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Still hoping/waiting for Bad Rain live.
Photobucket cash grab.

Der_Metzgermeister
Loyal Follower

Post by Der_Metzgermeister »

Bad Rain is a song I can see on the soundtrack of one of those teen vampire movie things.

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

Ryan wrote:Still hoping/waiting for Bad Rain live.
YES!! I figured it would get played at the shows I just went to in Boston and Huntington, but I'm kinda hoping for it at at least 1 of the 3 shows I'm going to next month! :D