Myles's solo album

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: Myles's solo album

Post by Andy92 »

Part of Calm the Fire was a reworked idea from his solo album I thought.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Andy92 wrote:Part of Calm the Fire was a reworked idea from his solo album I thought.
I think it was just a riff Myles had.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Andy92 wrote:Part of Calm the Fire was a reworked idea from his solo album I thought.
Oh yeah, he did mention that in The Sound and the Story. He said that he felt like it did not work given the vibe of the solo album, but gives AB a chance to expand on that idea for it (or something like that). To say it worked is an understatement.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

axlar wrote:I asked him if he was going to release it before he turns 50.. which gives him 5 years.. he laughed..

@Greg, Myles is well aware of the solo album, it was recorded 5 years ago, all that needs to be added are vocals. But the perfectionist he is, by now, he would want to record new songs and swap some of the ones he has recorded,.. Don't think a tweetfest would speed things up, but the attention for it and for Myles is always welcome i guess!
Yeah, I get that. I talked to him about it a bit before their show here in Oct, too. I don't expect we'd change any timelines at all, and that isn't really the intention anyway. A bunch of us tweeted that hashtag once before just as a way of letting him know that his fans are really excited about hearing it someday! Just a little MK shout out via the twitterverse.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

sounds like a plan Greg!
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I think we got a mini-update on it.
Where are you at on the solo record?

It's funny. I was in New York last week, and I went to see the guy who engineered and co-produced the record with me. We listened to the hard drive to see where we were. After listening to it, there were some great moments, but I definitely want to change some things here or there and maybe add a song or two. It's definitely a work in progress. There's still room for improvement. When it's up to par, we'll get it out there. People always ask about it! There's no way it's going to live up to the expectations because it's been so many years. It's not a last minute thing.

It's like a mythical creature...

Living in Upstate New York somewhere [Laughs].
http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainme ... e/11313410

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Wish he'd just finished it. If he's gonna change things, the spontaneity's gone.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Wow! I'm not sure I'd call that progress, but at least it's something!!

That's what I expected would happen, to be honest. It's been so long that there's no way Myles was just going to lay down vocals and release the album. Myles has certainly evolved as a musician, and he's had plenty of time to ponder the material. Of course he's going to make modifications (if not completely re-record it), whenever he gets the chance.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

On the one hand I've waited this long for it, so waiting a bit longer for something he's happier with is no biggie. On the other, I can really imagine him second guessing himself a lot about it, given it's his first real product as an individual rather than a band. At some point you just need to cut the cord and get it out there. Doesn't sound like he's intending major changes anyway which is good, let's just hope he finds that bit of time he needs.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Jaredr24
Loyal Follower

Post by Jaredr24 »

Sadly I don't see him doing anything with it this year. He's touring with Slash through June and he's meeting up with AB in the later part of this year to start writing on AB V. Guess a 2020 release date isn't that funny or unrealistic at all :( I sure hope not.
~{AB fan - Go Tops! #WKU}~
”I’ll rest my eyes and let the earth breathe”

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

I just wish somebody ask in an interview with him and Slash about this. They could say:

"Here's an idea: why don't Myles release his solo album and tour with Slash & Conspirators playing songs from this record and the Mayfield Four songs? Yeah, put some Conspirators songs here and there and even, if you like, GNR songs (like 2, at most 3), just to satisfy people who goes just to see Slash playing Guns songs."

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

^ That would make nobody happy. That would mean less new Slash songs, not a lot new songs from Myles' solo album, less crowd pleasers, etc. I'd rather just wait a few years to experience Myles' solo album the way it deserves to be experienced.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

It would make me happy =).

Jaredr24
Loyal Follower

Post by Jaredr24 »

Myles does have almost the whole month of April off so if all he has to do is record a few vocals and add a song or 2 it is possible he could have it finished by the time he gets back with Slash in late April. But I'm not sure if he'd actually do that in his time off or when he would release it

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I don't really know what his touring schedule will be with Slash in the fall, but theoretically he could finish it and have enough time to do a small tour later this fall. I know AB will do some writing, but I'd imagine Tremonti will do some touring in the fall for this album. It'd be cool if Myles could have his schedule clear for the month of September or October and do a few shows. I'd even like an acoustic tour similar to his Bofest show.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Jaredr24
Loyal Follower

Post by Jaredr24 »

Andy92 wrote:I don't really know what his touring schedule will be with Slash in the fall, but theoretically he could finish it and have enough time to do a small tour later this fall. I know AB will do some writing, but I'd imagine Tremonti will do some touring in the fall for this album. It'd be cool if Myles could have his schedule clear for the month of September or October and do a few shows. I'd even like an acoustic tour similar to his Bofest show.
Bofest has still been the best show I've ever been to and I'd love to see him do that again. But I just want the album first though :lol

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

To me it is a shame so many good songs from MF4 that maybe would never see the light of day again. Yes, I would love to see an acoustic set just with Myles, but he would never come to my country. With Slash, he had been in my city twice already.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Roneit wrote:I just wish somebody ask in an interview with him and Slash about this. They could say:

"Here's an idea: why don't Myles release his solo album and tour with Slash & Conspirators playing songs from this record and the Mayfield Four songs? Yeah, put some Conspirators songs here and there and even, if you like, GNR songs (like 2, at most 3), just to satisfy people who goes just to see Slash playing Guns songs."
Nawwww, I think Myles already has an idea of how he envisions touring this album that does not involve AB or Slash/Conspirators and, quite honestly, if the idea is what I'm thinking, I would love to go to that show. I've already seen AB and Slash/Myles/Conspirators and while both concerts are tremendous experiences, the ears took a huge pounding (I don't care if that is an expected thing, I still reserve my right to make that comment). Hearing Myles in an acoustic setting like Bofest would be a great contrast to that and I want it.

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

^ That would be perfect. It is on an acoustic set that Myles voice really shines.

But, what I said early what just a crazy musings of someone who dreams of hearing Myles singing MF4 songs again in my distant city. It wasn't supposed to be taken seriously.

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

Album title could be "Work in Progress"
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2