Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & the Conspirators Live

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
Ryan
Blood Machines

Re: Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & the Conspirators Live

Post by Ryan »

Der_Metzgermeister wrote:Bad Rain is a song I can see on the soundtrack of one of those teen vampire movie things.
No, just no.
Photobucket cash grab.

Der_Metzgermeister
Loyal Follower

Post by Der_Metzgermeister »

I didn't say it would be a good thing! :lol Just that it would fit and probably be quite popular.

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

Der_Metzgermeister wrote:Bad Rain is a song I can see on the soundtrack of one of those teen vampire movie things.
Yeah, once I actually listened to the lyrics I liked the song less, tends to be the only song on the album I skip.
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

Liked this summary from Todd's blog - it is pretty incredible. I'd like Carolina (maybe Slash could use some effects pedal for the start, I don't know.) and Crazy Life live but was very very happy with the setlist I got to hear.
All told we are doing almost the entire Apocalyptic Love album live. Not all in one show as we change them out. From the album we are currently playing live- 1. Apocalyptic Love 2. One Last Thrill 3. Standing In The Sun 4. You’re A Lie 5. No More Heroes 6. Halo 7. Anastasia 8. Not For Me 9. Hard And Fast 10. Shots Fired That means the only songs we are not playing from the record in any live capacity are We Will Roam, Bad Rain and Far And Away. We did do Far And Away for the acoustic show we did for Guitar Center. We are also not playing the bonus tracks, Crazy Life and Carolina. It is quite an achievement to be playing 10 out of 13 tracks from an album live. That’s how proud of Apocalyptic Love we are.

Der_Metzgermeister
Loyal Follower

Post by Der_Metzgermeister »

Bad Rain's got a really catchy hook in the chorus, but it's like a pop song, it seems to lose its appeal quite quickly. Like most of the album, I loved it when I first heard it, but Anastasia aside, I already don't listen to it much anymore.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Love Bad Rain and I quite like the lyrics. They're different enough from his other stuff for me.
Photobucket cash grab.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Slash is coming to Belgium!! :D ohh god, I'm finally going to see them :bow
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

Todd did a song by song take on the album on www.toddkerns.com. His thoughts on Bad Rain:
The last of the 3 initially recorded before officially starting the album.
I like the sleek, vampy vibe of this one. There is some super cool, metallic percussion by brother Fitz on this one. Listen close.
I played a crazy 8 string bass that Eric has at his studio on this one. Some kind of Rickenbacker shop class project that sounded too good to not use. The bass tone is HUGE. Check it out.
That's me on the high vocal harmony. Seems to be a pattern. I like the part Eric had me sing with Myles over the bridge. Really builds nicely to the solo.
There is talk of adding this one to the set soon. I'm looking forward to it. It's so much fun to play. I remember putting it together as if it were yesterday.
You can hear me bellowing "Here comes a bad rain!" in response to Myles if you listen closely in the outro of the song.
To the bolded underlined part... YES PLEASE!!! :D added by Sept 15th would be fantastic!!

Patty
White Knuckled

Post by Patty »

Timotheus wrote:Slash is coming to Belgium!! :D ohh god, I'm finally going to see them :bow
What date and where? I miss most of the UK Tour because I'm in Belgium...
Credit to the original sig creator. (Please remind me who you are so I can credit you properly)

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

Patty wrote:
Timotheus wrote:Slash is coming to Belgium!! :D ohh god, I'm finally going to see them :bow
What date and where? I miss most of the UK Tour because I'm in Belgium...
on my phone but try http://slashonline.com/tour/

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

I skimmed Todd's blog while I ate lunch, will have to read it while listening to the album. I'm sure musicians will get even more out of it than me but I found it really interesting.

vmt7007
TABN.com Citizen

Post by vmt7007 »

uctalum01 wrote:Todd did a song by song take on the album on http://www.toddkerns.com. His thoughts on Bad Rain:
The last of the 3 initially recorded before officially starting the album.
I like the sleek, vampy vibe of this one. There is some super cool, metallic percussion by brother Fitz on this one. Listen close.
I played a crazy 8 string bass that Eric has at his studio on this one. Some kind of Rickenbacker shop class project that sounded too good to not use. The bass tone is HUGE. Check it out.
That's me on the high vocal harmony. Seems to be a pattern. I like the part Eric had me sing with Myles over the bridge. Really builds nicely to the solo.
There is talk of adding this one to the set soon. I'm looking forward to it. It's so much fun to play. I remember putting it together as if it were yesterday.
You can hear me bellowing "Here comes a bad rain!" in response to Myles if you listen closely in the outro of the song.
To the bolded underlined part... YES PLEASE!!! :D added by Sept 15th would be fantastic!!
Great Find!

Love this quote from Todd, as it literally mirrors what I felt when I first heard "Not for Me". Kind of wild that the guy in the band had the same reaction to hearing Myles on it as I know a bunch of fans have.
This is one of the greatest performances of Myles Kennedy's career. One of his best lyrics too. Just stellar. That first verse/chorus is amazing.
The song doesn't get a lot of notice for whatever reason, but NFM is just an awesome song. Myles lyrics, vocals, the guitars, it is just a great song. Totally relatable lyrically for many people, and just a stand out effort.

On an unrelated note, this band has really evolved into monster live show. They were really good on the past tours, but this one in 2012 has just seemed different. The guys are all so comfortable with eachother, and seem so at ease up there.

Myles particularly looks almost night and day from when he started with Slash until now as a performer up there. His stage presence has improved tremendously, and he doesn't look awkward up there without a guitar anymore.

They look like a veteran touring outfit up there that has been doing it for decades, and yet they still haven't even known eachother for 3 years yet. Amazing how things just come together sometimes when the fit is right.

Veno
Brand New Start

Post by Veno »

Not long till the NZ/Aus leg of the tour. The venues are pretty big, possibly the biggest Slash/Myles headlining shows to date?

Hoping they might put some snakepit songs back into the set.

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

Gotta be stoked about that, man. My jaw hit the floor when I heard Myles and Co. would be in Halifax. And buddy, it was well worth the eight year wait.

vmt7007
TABN.com Citizen

Post by vmt7007 »

NytestrykerZ wrote:
Gotta be stoked about that, man. My jaw hit the floor when I heard Myles and Co. would be in Halifax. And buddy, it was well worth the eight year wait.
I have read pretty much rave reviews across the board about Myles even on the GNR boards where they are often skeptical of him.

He has taken his live singing to another level. He has sounded strong consistently on this tour (and that material is challenging for him on a nightly basis to sing). Not that I ever thought he was phoning it in, but he just has a different vibe about him of late where you can tell he is really busting his ass out there every night anymore. It is kind of awesome.

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

He's playing guitar a lot less than the early live videos too so he's working the crowd a lot more. When I saw him last week he only played guitar during an impromptu blues jam and on the tail end of 'Anastasia'.

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

Was definitely the best I've ever heard Myles sing. Maybe it helps that Myles is mostly singing music he wrote, so of course it suits him, and there's less tension about covering other singers. Only time I've seen the Conspirators so I can't compare to that in the past, just speculating. One thing is for certain, they were all having a ridiculous amount of fun up there!

Patty
White Knuckled

Post by Patty »

God damn, arse, tits and piss!

They're playing Brussels the night I fucking leave that city to come home! ARGH!!!
Credit to the original sig creator. (Please remind me who you are so I can credit you properly)

DonHarry
King Slayer

Post by DonHarry »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/RWtBm8QWo7A[/youtube]
Only just seen this. Singing was fucking flawless! He even did the end high's.

Gaskin
Brand New Start

Post by Gaskin »

A question for those that have seen them this tour.

How many songs off the previous album are they playing?

I'm seeing them on the 30th and was wondering whether or not to brush up on the last album or not.