The Art Of Letting Go - MK III

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
RevenantGB
White Knuckled

Re: The Art Of Letting Go - MK III

Post by RevenantGB »

Much more interesting compared to Say What You Will.

I can't help but focus on Myles' voice when listening to his new music - it's deepened considerably over the years and some of the high notes sound very thin in this song (3:45 in particular).
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

RevenantGB wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:51 am Much more interesting compared to Say What You Will.

I can't help but focus on Myles' voice when listening to his new music - it's deepened considerably over the years and some of the high notes sound very thin in this song (3:45 in particular).
True, but this guy is 54 and has been doing it professionally for the last 25-30 years, you can expect that his voice will get worn out.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Schulzy
Loyal Follower

Post by Schulzy »

Dolo wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 5:39 am
RevenantGB wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:51 am Much more interesting compared to Say What You Will.

True, but this guy is 54 and has been doing it professionally for the last 25-30 years, you can expect that his voice will get worn out.
You both make good points. It is different. As far as the song goes "Nothing More to Gain" doesn't pique my interest as much a "Say What You Will". I listened to it on my headphones a few times and it's very crackly/staticky at the beginning. Not sure if that is on purpose.
I'm walking the Black Road

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Lyric vid now up, which I'm pleased about as there was a line driving me crazy

Two very enjoyable songs so far, though I'm fixing for a quieter, moodier one now - the part on this where the backing dropped and he went low was all too brief.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Whitebird
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Whitebird »

Ubik wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 10:37 am Lyric vid now up, which I'm pleased about as there was a line driving me crazy

Two very enjoyable songs so far, though I'm fixing for a quieter, moodier one now - the part on this where the backing dropped and he went low was all too brief.
Personally I like this one a lot more than the main single :cloud9

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

The riffery bits are very Queens of the Stone Age. Liked this a lot more than the first single!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I also thought about No One Knows's riff by QOTSA when I listened to it today.

Addicted To Pain
On The Rail

Post by Addicted To Pain »

https://www.instagram.com/p/C_ij-4kIBvH ... c0bmNpb3Mz

So Myles (and Creed) are playing at a country festival. Wow.
We are the left behind...
Forgotten and undefined...
Love us or hate us, you'll never break us, stand at the end of the line...
We are the left behind, and won't be left behind!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Wait, that doesn't make sense.

Why would acts like T-Pain, Creed, and Backstreet Boys (all of them have significant name value) are in the "late night" portion of the line-up? Shouldn't they be around where guys like Zach Bryan, Luke Combs, and Jelly Roll is at? Unless the poster has it wrong and it's cover bands? Also, this is a country-based festival. I get why Myles may be on it, but why are they having Creed and Backstreet Boys in the line-up anyway?

Anywho, Indio, CA in April? Not for me. Way too far of a drive and I don't care about the rest of the day line-up to travel to see him play 30 minutes. The plans are still set for me to see him in LA and Charlotte, NC.

Edit: Oh, I think I got it now. So, apparently, after the festival day is over, apparently, there's going to be a stage where they will have guys that's not country-related play in these. Well, this could get interesting. Creed and Myles may end up in the same day.

"LATE NIGHT IN PALOMINO
Late Night in Palomino means the party doesn’t have to stop! Featuring T-Pain, Creed, and Backstreet Boys, you’ll be dancing and singing even after the headliners end each night. Yeehaw!"

From an article from a Palm Springs news site from last year.

"Late Night at the Palomino: In the last three or four years, the Stagecoach experience has also included what they call “Late Night at the Palomino” which is a fun way to end the night featuring artists that don’t necessarily skew country. This year the Palomino night slate features Nickleback on Friday, Diplo on Saturday and Wiz Khalifa on Sunday."

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I don't understand the marketing behind a Country festival that ends with non-Country acts. Surely that effort and money can be put in getting bigger country names and attracting more of your core audience?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I don't know. Maybe to give the crowd something else to enjoy and sing along to that's not country-related? It's also late in the night, and maybe these people want to stay up at around midnight hearing and singing along to stuff like "I Want It That Way" and "Higher".

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

i think it makes a lot of sense and adds some different flavor to the festival. there are plenty of music festivals (like summerfest here in milwaukee) that have artists of all genres. surely lots of country fans enjoy other kinds of music. genre lines keep blurring anyway. i could see stapp doing something country-ish eventually, a la darius rucker. he certainly has the voice for it.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

would be cool if we ever saw myles and stapp share the stage. never thought it'd seem possible but it's not that far fetched now.

maybe myles comes out to duet on one last breath or something? that'd be so trippy.

and agreed that this second track seems stronger to me than the first. still more slash-y than i'd like but he's doing what he wants and that's all that matters. we'll always have the moodier 'nothing but a name' type tracks.

peapod0609
Bought The CDs

Re: MK III

Post by peapod0609 »

I didn't see anybody else post this, but the track times for the album are below:

The Art Of Letting Go - 4:37
Say What You Will - 3:33
Mr. Downside - 4:16
Miss You When You're Gone - 4:10
Behind The Veil - 5:47
Saving Face - 4:10
Eternal Lullaby - 5:23
Nothing More To Gain - 5:04
Dead To Rights - 4:18
How The Story Ends - 4:58

Nice to see 3 songs over 5 minutes long, and a 4th just shy of 5 minutes. "Behind The Veil" will be Myles 2nd longest solo track behind "The Ides of March."

RevenantGB
White Knuckled

Post by RevenantGB »

New single from Myles releasing tomorrow - "Miss Me When You're Gone".

As always you can VPN to New Zealand to listen now!

Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

Addicted To Pain
On The Rail

RevenantGB wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 1:33 pm New single from Myles releasing tomorrow - "Miss Me When You're Gone".

As always you can VPN to New Zealand to listen now!

I literally was just in the shower and wondering when Myles would release another single, and I come out to find this.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Not a huge fan of this one, keep thinking that chorus is going into My Champion.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

I somehow like it. So far, the new songs are more straight forward compared to the previous album, I think. This new song is pretty much radio rock, but in a nice way. :D

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Those drums sound so bad, but it's been the case with everything Elvis-related for at least 10 years.
One guy on Ultimate Guitar nailed it recently:
Lots of kick/snare but the rest of the drum kit seems an after thought.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/ge ... ecial.html

I LOVE Zia Uddin's style, and the verses of that song actually remind me a lot of The Mayfield Four. The very end of the song is also reminiscent of what Myles did vocally during the ABIII era. So, on paper, I should love that song, but sadly, the mixing is once again an utter mess.
A shame, really.

Addicted To Pain
On The Rail

Ubik wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:32 pm Not a huge fan of this one, keep thinking that chorus is going into My Champion.
I am listening to it right now, and I can see what you are talking about. :lol