TABN Fundraiser Giveaway Winner

Any questions or comments about The Alter Bridge Nation website and forums can be posted here.
User avatar
Ryan
Blood Machines
Posts: 29797
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:41 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: TABN Fundraiser Giveaway Winner

Postby Ryan » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:08 am

gbruin wrote:Wha...ME?? Ohhhhhhh, my gosh! I can't believe it! What were the odds of that?

Speech? Did someone say speech? Really? No one? Well, fine, I'LL say it...Speech!

Ok, a speech it is!

(steps up to podium)

Wow! You like me! You really like me!

(Huh...what's that abw? Really? This wasn't voted on? You mean they don't like me? Damn. Then how did I win this? Your computer? Really? Huh. Is it a Mac, at least? Ah, never mind.)

Ahem...I want to thank my agent, my director, my makeup artist. Especially the makeup artist! Thanks to the crappy coders at the last site that forced us to move to this new one. Thanks to my loving wife, this one is for you, babe. (hold for applause as camera gets great cleavage shot).

But mostly, thanks to TABN and all the mods for creating a place that I can click on every day to listen in on mostly the same 10 dudes talking about random crap and then yelling at Jim, while making some occasional references to music, for being a place where I have met both in the virtual world and in the actual real face to face world some of the coolest people I know, and for being a place where I can share my love and appreciation for my favorite band, Alter Bridge, a band that really helped me out when things were pretty da...(Background music begins to rise)
Wait, I'm not done with my speech!
(music rises more)
HEY, I HAVE MORE TO SAY!!!
(music gets really loud...BREAD OF SHAME!! Michael Tremonti ushers me off stage)

(offstage): Wow. That was a whirlwind. That didn't seem like 15 minutes. Well, abw, do I at least get to go to the after party? Oh, I see. The after party doesn't have anything scheduled in Colorado. No. Of course it doesn't.


Greg, here is your backstage pass:
Image
Photobucket cash grab.

User avatar
Jim
Blood Machines
Posts: 24217
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:16 am
Location: That's Right!

Re: TABN Fundraiser Giveaway Winner

Postby Jim » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:22 am

Greg's my fave (does blushing cheeky grin)
Image

User avatar
Jim
Blood Machines
Posts: 24217
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:16 am
Location: That's Right!

Re: TABN Fundraiser Giveaway Winner

Postby Jim » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:24 am

abw1987 wrote:The password is password.


SSSSHHHHH DONT TELL THEM ALL!!!!! :facepalm
Image

User avatar
zazthespaz
Kumar
Posts: 13187
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:12 am

Re: I'd totally go there.

Postby zazthespaz » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:14 am

gbruin wrote:Wha...ME?? Ohhhhhhh, my gosh! I can't believe it! What were the odds of that?

Speech? Did someone say speech? Really? No one? Well, fine, I'LL say it...Speech!

Ok, a speech it is!

(steps up to podium)

Wow! You like me! You really like me!

(Huh...what's that abw? Really? This wasn't voted on? You mean they don't like me? Damn. Then how did I win this? Your computer? Really? Huh. Is it a Mac, at least? Ah, never mind.)

Ahem...I want to thank my agent, my director, my makeup artist. Especially the makeup artist! Thanks to the crappy coders at the last site that forced us to move to this new one. Thanks to my loving wife, this one is for you, babe. (hold for applause as camera gets great cleavage shot).

But mostly, thanks to TABN and all the mods for creating a place that I can click on every day to listen in on mostly the same 10 dudes talking about random crap and then yelling at Jim, while making some occasional references to music, for being a place where I have met both in the virtual world and in the actual real face to face world some of the coolest people I know, and for being a place where I can share my love and appreciation for my favorite band, Alter Bridge, a band that really helped me out when things were pretty da...(Background music begins to rise)
Wait, I'm not done with my speech!
(music rises more)
HEY, I HAVE MORE TO SAY!!!
(music gets really loud...BREAD OF SHAME!! Michael Tremonti ushers me off stage)

(offstage): Wow. That was a whirlwind. That didn't seem like 15 minutes. Well, abw, do I at least get to go to the after party? Oh, I see. The after party doesn't have anything scheduled in Colorado. No. Of course it doesn't.

:bow :bow :bow
Bravo sir bravo! Although when the music started playing, you forgot to say, "Music already?! I've been doing this for 5 years! I'm not Justin Fucking Beiber!" (could use Josiah's name there to stay relevant) I hope you win more for future speeches!

/Back to random crap and yellling at Jim
Jim wrote:
abw1987 wrote:The password is password.


SSSSHHHHH DONT TELL THEM ALL!!!!! :facepalm

IT'S NOT LIKE I WOULD EVEN GO THERE SINCE YOU'RE THERE, JIMMMMM. :pout
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.


User avatar
Jim
Blood Machines
Posts: 24217
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:16 am
Location: That's Right!

Re: TABN Fundraiser Giveaway Winner

Postby Jim » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:19 am

Damn straight you wouldnt, bitch

#KnowYourRole
Image

User avatar
gbruin
MEGLADONG
Posts: 7207
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:27 pm
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO

Re: TABN Fundraiser Giveaway Winner

Postby gbruin » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:15 pm

And by the way, just as Proof (!), I told Alex on FB that as I said before the drawing, I'm declining the $50 prize. The community here donated, so I want the money to stay with the community.

I suggested (though ultimately it is their decision) that the mods keep it for next time they have to pay the rent here, or that they get some merch to use for contests here to build up the buzz around TABN when AB starts writing and hype around the band builds back up and this place starts hopping again around the holidays and into next year. Either option benefits TABN and us as a group, so I felt that would be best.

Peace, friends.
AB 4 Life
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

User avatar
Ashlee
Site Admin
Posts: 2939
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: TABN Fundraiser Giveaway Winner

Postby Ashlee » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:34 pm

Thank you Greg! It shall stay safely in the PayPal account, and we do appreciate it.
Image

User avatar
Jim
Blood Machines
Posts: 24217
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:16 am
Location: That's Right!

Re: TABN Fundraiser Giveaway Winner

Postby Jim » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:09 pm

Much appreciated brother

Everyone else, take notes.
Image

User avatar
TenaciousBe
On The Rail
Posts: 1578
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:04 pm
Location: Iowa, USA
Contact:

Re: TABN Fundraiser Giveaway Winner

Postby TenaciousBe » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:10 pm

Absolutely! Greg, you are an absolute pearl.
Image Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

User avatar
zazthespaz
Kumar
Posts: 13187
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:12 am

Re: And it's in style too!

Postby zazthespaz » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:05 pm

gbruin wrote:And by the way, just as Proof (!), I told Alex on FB that as I said before the drawing, I'm declining the $50 prize. The community here donated, so I want the money to stay with the community.

I suggested (though ultimately it is their decision) that the mods keep it for next time they have to pay the rent here, or that they get some merch to use for contests here to build up the buzz around TABN when AB starts writing and hype around the band builds back up and this place starts hopping again around the holidays and into next year. Either option benefits TABN and us as a group, so I felt that would be best.

Peace, friends.
AB 4 Life

You had to take the high road... Now when I win next year I'll be held to the same standard... Rrg.

But in all seriousness thanks Greg! I think the merch option is a good idea at least to go towards prototypes or giveaways. The "Cameron <3 Alter Bridge iPad fund" is always an option too.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.


User avatar
Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle
Posts: 16416
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:52 am
Location: Belgium シ

Re: TABN Fundraiser Giveaway Winner

Postby Timotheus » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:49 pm

When I grow up, I want to be like Greg :D
Image

anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

User avatar
JaredWard
Blood Machines
Posts: 15716
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:08 pm
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Re: TABN Fundraiser Giveaway Winner

Postby JaredWard » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:12 pm

gbruin wrote:And by the way, just as Proof (!), I told Alex on FB that as I said before the drawing, I'm declining the $50 prize. The community here donated, so I want the money to stay with the community.

I suggested (though ultimately it is their decision) that the mods keep it for next time they have to pay the rent here, or that they get some merch to use for contests here to build up the buzz around TABN when AB starts writing and hype around the band builds back up and this place starts hopping again around the holidays and into next year. Either option benefits TABN and us as a group, so I felt that would be best.

Peace, friends.
AB 4 Life

:cheers

User avatar
axlar
Site Admin
Posts: 15767
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:15 am
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: TABN Fundraiser Giveaway Winner

Postby axlar » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:55 am

gbruin wrote:But mostly, thanks to TABN and all the mods for creating a place that I can click on every day to listen in on mostly the same 10 dudes talking about random crap and then yelling at Jim, while making some occasional references to music.
quote of the year!!!
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

User avatar
Jim
Blood Machines
Posts: 24217
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:16 am
Location: That's Right!

Re: TABN Fundraiser Giveaway Winner

Postby Jim » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:49 pm

axlar wrote:
gbruin wrote:But mostly, thanks to TABN and all the mods for creating a place that I can click on every day to listen in on mostly the same 10 dudes talking about random crap and then yelling at Jim, while making some occasional references to music.
quote of the year!!!


Lol so true huh!? Love this guy
Image

User avatar
TenaciousBe
On The Rail
Posts: 1578
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:04 pm
Location: Iowa, USA
Contact:

Re: TABN Fundraiser Giveaway Winner

Postby TenaciousBe » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:23 pm

Jim wrote:
axlar wrote:
gbruin wrote:But mostly, thanks to TABN and all the mods for creating a place that I can click on every day to listen in on mostly the same 10 dudes talking about random crap and then yelling at Jim, while making some occasional references to music.
quote of the year!!!


Lol so true huh!? Love this guy


Hereby nominated for the next round of awards!
Image Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.


Return to “Site Announcements and Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest