Announcement - New TABN Website & Store!

Any questions or comments about The Alter Bridge Nation website and forums can be posted here.
zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: tip your waiters

Post by zazthespaz »

Jim wrote:Thankyou everyone, things will get bigger and better as we go along!
how many times has Jim said that?

ba dum tsk.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Ashlee
Site Admin

Re: tip your waiters

Post by Ashlee »

zazthespaz wrote:
Jim wrote:Thankyou everyone, things will get bigger and better as we go along!
how many times has Jim said that?

ba dum tsk.
Three times to me at least. :P

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Re: Announcement - New TABN Website & Store!

Post by JaredWard »

Has anyone bought a shirt yet? :) would appreciate some of you getting involved with the contest too. We only have a few entries so far.

DonHarry
King Slayer

Post by DonHarry »

I don't use twitter :|

Who's running the store then? Am I right in assuming it's just one of you? Just cos you're all so spread out surely only one of you can hold stock. Also, who's pocketing the profits? Must be costing you guys a bit to set up.

Site looks really good.

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

TABN is "pocketing" the profits for general site upkeep. We have to pay for hosting, contests (shipping, etc) and the other cool stuff you see around here.

I don't remember who is running the shop. I think it's one of these crazy boys. Ryan or Alex or Jared I believe.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

There was no setup cost for the store. The shirts are printed and shipped on demand. We are earning a very small margin on each shirt, which will go towards our TABN funds, as Ashlee mentioned.

DonHarry
King Slayer

Post by DonHarry »

TABN is "pocketing" the profits for general site upkeep
No need to sound so offended, I wasn't being disrespectful....

Hope it turns out well for you guys. Not sure why you always cite hosting fees as a major expense though. I've had tons of websites over the years and they're not that expensive. I thought Greg paid for most of this years hosting fees?

Sorry I don't mean to be a dick, your response just seemed a bit over the top for what was a pretty innocent question. Site looks really cool anyway. Really professional job.

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

Fucking Harreh always rocking the boat
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

DonHarry
King Slayer

Post by DonHarry »

No way man. Just my passive aggressive radar is on high alert at the moment. Forgive my abrasive comments.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

They weren't abrasive at all bro :)

The finances and running of the store are something only those of us running it need to be concerned about really. Greg put down the majority of financial help towards keeping the forum alive. Which we all appreciate immensely.

Will be setting up a thread for anyone who wants to enter the t-shirt competition.

DonHarry
King Slayer

Post by DonHarry »

The finances and running of the store are something only those of us running it need to be concerned about really.
Absolutely, nor is it really of any interest to most. How you run an online shop is your business, I was just intrigued as to how it would be done since I figured you can't all hold the stock as you're dotted all over the globe haha. I also wondered where my pennies were going to be going, legit question imo. Now I know. Be cool to see how many TABN shirts are about when I see them in Manc later this year!

If it were up to me (Which it ain't) i'd have hooked Greg up with a freebie Tee. Guy deserves it :)

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Glad you understand. I'm very appreciative of Greg's help & to everyone else who donated to the site. I forget what the total amount was for our hosting (Alex?) but it's by no means "cheap".

DonHarry
King Slayer

Post by DonHarry »

Times must have changed. To be fair it's been a while.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Taken as a monthly expense, it is very cheap. As with most hosting companies, we prepay for a year or two at a time, which requires us to come up with a lump sum of a couple hundred dollars. In the past, we've mostly funded it through donations from our members and admins. If we can help offset some of that by earning a small profit on merchandise sales, that will reduce the amount of donations required. I don't anticipate that one will replace the other; in all likelihood we will continue to be funded by a combination of donations and merchandise sales. We'll see how it goes.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

.. kinda stood on the toes of what i was saying about keeping the way things are ran to ourselves lol..

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Greg'll get what's coming to him

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

DonHarry wrote:
TABN is "pocketing" the profits for general site upkeep
No need to sound so offended, I wasn't being disrespectful....

Hope it turns out well for you guys. Not sure why you always cite hosting fees as a major expense though. I've had tons of websites over the years and they're not that expensive. I thought Greg paid for most of this years hosting fees?

Sorry I don't mean to be a dick, your response just seemed a bit over the top for what was a pretty innocent question. Site looks really cool anyway. Really professional job.
I'm so sorry! I wasn't offended at all! I was just using your turn of phrase! It really is a lump sum of about $250 for a couple a years at a time, and Greg has footed the bill for the majority of the site a couple of times now. This seemed like a good solution! I didn't mean to come off as passive aggressive at all. As Alex said, a monthly fee of $14.99 per month is not uncommon for a site which in and of itself is not expensive but multiplied by 24 comes to a little under $360 over the course of two years. So it saves the site a bit of money to pay in a lump sum.

As Alex says one won't replace the other, but I didn't think you were being a dick at all! :)

Der_Metzgermeister
Loyal Follower

Post by Der_Metzgermeister »

The new front page and stores look awesome guys! :cheers

I know how long this has been in the pipeline without being done, so well done for getting it designed and finished!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

JaredWard wrote:Has anyone bought a shirt yet? :) would appreciate some of you getting involved with the contest too. We only have a few entries so far.
I've ordered mine. :yes

Jim wrote:Greg'll get what's coming to him
Damn, I hope not.

And no more discussion is needed on who contributed what or when. The mods have contributed more time and effort than any contribution can match. TABN is an awesome community, and we're all in this together. We need M's salty humor, DH's badass sigs, Andy's fine musical tastes, Thrav's lesbian sagas, Timo's all-around brilliance, zaz's sister...
Last edited by gbruin on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Greg!!!! Dammit!!
Photobucket cash grab.