Combining profiles

Any questions or comments about The Alter Bridge Nation website and forums can be posted here.
Skywalker
Bought The CDs

Combining profiles

Postby Skywalker » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:32 pm

Hey all. When I originally signed up here, I used a different account, AnybodyListening.net. Then I left, came back a year or so later, and couldn't find or remember any of the login info, so I started my current account.

Is there any way the posts from my first account, be combined with my current account, and then the first profile be deleted? I know the admins would have to do it, which is why I am asking here. I have roughly the same amount of posts under each name, but only want to move forward with my current profile (that I remember all the login info for - lol).

Thanks.
AnybodyListening.net - Chronicling the History of Queensryche's Original Lineup

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: $5 and I'll give you Andy92's account.

Postby zazthespaz » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:08 pm

Skywalker wrote:Hey all. When I originally signed up here, I used a different account, AnybodyListening.net. Then I left, came back a year or so later, and couldn't find or remember any of the login info, so I started my current account.

Is there any way the posts from my first account, be combined with my current account, and then the first profile be deleted? I know the admins would have to do it, which is why I am asking here. I have roughly the same amount of posts under each name, but only want to move forward with my current profile (that I remember all the login info for - lol).

Thanks.

I asked the other mods to look into it - I've got limited access. There might not be a quick fix but worse comes to worst, we can reset your password on the old account, change the name on it and close this one if you want.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Re: Combining profiles

Postby abw1987 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:53 am

Hey Skywalker, sadly our forum software does not give us an out-of-box option to merge accounts. It looks like there are some custom add-ons that could give us that functionality, but obviously we'd want to try those out on our test forums first to avoid accidentally corrupting our database :lol. I'll try to look into it further when I have some time. In the meantime, we could do what Zaz suggested, or I could add the post count to your current account if it's just the count that you're mainly concerned with.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: It’s got a top post count number.

Postby Andy92 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:48 pm

I’ll sell you this account for $500.
RIP Photobucket

Skywalker
Bought The CDs

Re: Combining profiles

Postby Skywalker » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:50 pm

I'm good with this current account (Skywalker). Lets leave that one as the permanent one.

Go ahead and delete that "AnybodyListening.net" account if you need or want to. I can live without the posts, and no need for two accounts on the same board (like I said, I don't even remember the email addie associated with it).

Sorry for the trouble guys! :-)
AnybodyListening.net - Chronicling the History of Queensryche's Original Lineup

Return to “Site Announcements and Discussion”