Lover, You Should've Come Over (Jeff Buckley cover)

A place to share your art, stories, poetry, songs, etc.
youknowverywell
White Knuckled

Lover, You Should've Come Over (Jeff Buckley cover)

Post by youknowverywell »

If there are two musicians who mean the world to me it's Jeff Buckley and Myles Kennedy. Myles was the singer who made me want to sing. He also made me want to sing high, and through listening to him and watching him in various live videos I have learned and extended my range up to a comfortable F#5 in my head voice, and a G#5 if I breathe properly and do everything right. But I still felt kind of weird about singing because I like to take things in weird directions, change melodies, play around with falsetto, things like that. When I found Jeff Buckley it was amazing. Here was someone who did all of the things I do so it was like "Maybe I can do this the way I want to." Live at Sin-e changed my life. Sounds stupid, but it did. That record is so worn out that it's like my comfort now. I have so many memories attached to all of those songs, so many emotions. It will forever be the most perfect album that could ever be put out, in my mind.

TL;DR I love Jeff Buckley. Please enjoy this cover.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/PaEUz868FxY[/youtube]

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Lover, You Should've Come Over (Jeff Buckley cover)

Post by NytestrykerZ »

Tip of the hat. A great cover of an incredibly difficult song.

DivCruz
Loyal Follower

Post by DivCruz »

Always a great song from you. Whether it's a cover or an original. :D how do you keep track of your voice range. I honestly don't know how far I could go. And how do you practice?

youknowverywell
White Knuckled

Post by youknowverywell »

I just tried to hit the highest note I could comfortably hit once and it was a F#5 haha Then I decided to try to breathe correctly and focus everything and I managed to push it up the extra step to G#5. Practice, oh man... just sing a lot. That's the best advice I can give you. Sing often, stay loose, don't strain, eventually your vocal chords will stretch and change and allow for more activity

DivCruz
Loyal Follower

Post by DivCruz »

youknowverywell wrote:I just tried to hit the highest note I could comfortably hit once and it was a F#5 haha Then I decided to try to breathe correctly and focus everything and I managed to push it up the extra step to G#5. Practice, oh man... just sing a lot. That's the best advice I can give you. Sing often, stay loose, don't strain, eventually your vocal chords will stretch and change and allow for more activity
Haha, alright man, thanks alot! I do sing alot (in the shower) :lol It's my best practice time. hahaha!