Original songs (or short song ideas)

A place to share your art, stories, poetry, songs, etc.
poshisjarker
White Knuckled
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:28 pm
Location: Kentucky

Original songs (or short song ideas)

Postby poshisjarker » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:22 pm

I play guitar. Absolutely love it. I'm getting better i guess, trying to focus on developing a solid creative ear...so i always try to find melodies i haven't played before. I like to think this is somewhat unique...hope you like it. If not, that's fine. :shrug [YouTube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEGx-5ZE4n8[/YouTube]
Abe Lincoln- "Honey, where did you put my shirt?"

poshisjarker
White Knuckled
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:28 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Original songs (or short song ideas)

Postby poshisjarker » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:30 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBZcLeav6vM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka_x_B109tI

There's a couple others...there are several more on my channel. Just simple little ideas. Whatevs
Abe Lincoln- "Honey, where did you put my shirt?"

joshuabeau
Loyal Follower
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:52 pm
Location: the terrible south
Contact:

Re: Original songs (or short song ideas)

Postby joshuabeau » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:41 pm

Good stuff, man! I write, sing, and play my own stuff, as well.

poshisjarker
White Knuckled
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:28 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Original songs (or short song ideas)

Postby poshisjarker » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:48 pm

Thanks! I'd love to hear it. I can't sing at all. Really wish i could. I sound like a dying armadillo. Don't ask me how I know how that sounds. (I've never listened to a dying armadillo)
Abe Lincoln- "Honey, where did you put my shirt?"

poshisjarker
White Knuckled
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:28 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Original songs (or short song ideas)

Postby poshisjarker » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:58 pm

I can barely even vocally harmonize with my guitars lol...takes me about ten seconds to vocally find the note i'm playing on guitar
Abe Lincoln- "Honey, where did you put my shirt?"

User avatar
DivCruz
Loyal Follower
Posts: 373
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:20 am
Location: Behind the Fortress
Contact:

Re: Original songs (or short song ideas)

Postby DivCruz » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:04 am

poshisjarker wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBZcLeav6vM

^ I like this the most! The other two were amazing as well! :cheers

I have mine here: https://soundcloud.com/divcruz you can check them out if you like. :peace

User avatar
mrb1946
Brand New Start
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:34 pm

Re: Original songs (or short song ideas)

Postby mrb1946 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:12 am

This stuff is great! I love the vibe of the songs. I love you're not just playing basic G C D, which is way too common in acoustic song writers these days. These have some sick "riffage," as I like to put it.


If you get some time, check out a couple of my songs and give them a listen.. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1496

poshisjarker
White Knuckled
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:28 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Original songs (or short song ideas)

Postby poshisjarker » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:41 am

DivCruz wrote:
poshisjarker wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBZcLeav6vM

^ I like this the most! The other two were amazing as well! :cheers

I have mine here: https://soundcloud.com/divcruz you can check them out if you like. :peace


Thanks! I really appreciate it. Listened to your One Last Breath cover...impressive, that's a difficult song. Also heard Castaway. Good stuff!
Abe Lincoln- "Honey, where did you put my shirt?"

poshisjarker
White Knuckled
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:28 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Original songs (or short song ideas)

Postby poshisjarker » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:48 am

mrb1946 wrote:This stuff is great! I love the vibe of the songs. I love you're not just playing basic G C D, which is way too common in acoustic song writers these days. These have some sick "riffage," as I like to put it.


If you get some time, check out a couple of my songs and give them a listen.. http://www.thealterbridgenation.com/for ... =16&t=1496


Thanks! Yeah i've tried to train myself over the years to not play typical stuff. I try to do stuff that at least feels different, unique, and stirring to me. Currently listening to One Last Thing...love it. Pretty melody.
Abe Lincoln- "Honey, where did you put my shirt?"

User avatar
DivCruz
Loyal Follower
Posts: 373
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:20 am
Location: Behind the Fortress
Contact:

Re: Original songs (or short song ideas)

Postby DivCruz » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:25 pm

poshisjarker wrote:
DivCruz wrote:
poshisjarker wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBZcLeav6vM

^ I like this the most! The other two were amazing as well! :cheers

I have mine here: https://soundcloud.com/divcruz you can check them out if you like. :peace


Thanks! I really appreciate it. Listened to your One Last Breath cover...impressive, that's a difficult song. Also heard Castaway. Good stuff!


Thanks a lot man! :peace

User avatar
mrb1946
Brand New Start
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:34 pm

Re: Original songs (or short song ideas)

Postby mrb1946 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:31 pm

poshisjarker wrote:
mrb1946 wrote:This stuff is great! I love the vibe of the songs. I love you're not just playing basic G C D, which is way too common in acoustic song writers these days. These have some sick "riffage," as I like to put it.


If you get some time, check out a couple of my songs and give them a listen.. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1496


Thanks! Yeah i've tried to train myself over the years to not play typical stuff. I try to do stuff that at least feels different, unique, and stirring to me. Currently listening to One Last Thing...love it. Pretty melody.


Thanks man. Glad you like it. Keep up the good work!

poshisjarker
White Knuckled
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:28 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Original songs (or short song ideas)

Postby poshisjarker » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:57 pm

https://youtu.be/dH-LQjzDQy4
yo hello everyone. I thought i'd randomly drop in and post some new music stuff. This is where i'm at right now. I've put a lot of work into guitar...making music is my main passion. Hope you guys like this. More links to come...i have a lot of ideas
Abe Lincoln- "Honey, where did you put my shirt?"

User avatar
Sunrunner1
Bought The CDs
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:21 pm

Re: Original songs (or short song ideas)

Postby Sunrunner1 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:47 pm

Nice stuff on here! That creative ear of yours is definitely working, I'd say. :cheers Great playing as well!

If you're interested giving a look, I've also done some of my own songwriting, singing included (I'm not that great a singer either imo.) Playing-wise you're better than I am, but still, like you I try to make each new song I put together feel new in some way or other.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2871
Destination Unknown...
We're Lost, But Not Alone

User avatar
One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void
Posts: 4259
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:40 pm
Location: Mizzou

Re: Original songs (or short song ideas)

Postby One Drew Remains » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:52 pm

Those are really good and creative. I just started about 16 months ago, and I'm kind of stuck in a Em, G, Cadd9, D rut. Keep at it, that's refreshing to hear.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17

poshisjarker
White Knuckled
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:28 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Original songs (or short song ideas)

Postby poshisjarker » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:12 pm

One Drew Remains wrote:Those are really good and creative. I just started about 16 months ago, and I'm kind of stuck in a Em, G, Cadd9, D rut. Keep at it, that's refreshing to hear.


thanks!! i really appreciate it. more to come perhaps. follow me on instagram at poshisjarker if ya want. i have a ton of stuff up there
Abe Lincoln- "Honey, where did you put my shirt?"

poshisjarker
White Knuckled
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:28 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Original songs (or short song ideas)

Postby poshisjarker » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:13 pm

Sunrunner1 wrote:Nice stuff on here! That creative ear of yours is definitely working, I'd say. :cheers Great playing as well!

If you're interested giving a look, I've also done some of my own songwriting, singing included (I'm not that great a singer either imo.) Playing-wise you're better than I am, but still, like you I try to make each new song I put together feel new in some way or other.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2871

Thanks!! And yeah i'll check that out when i get a chance and let ya know what i think
Abe Lincoln- "Honey, where did you put my shirt?"

poshisjarker
White Knuckled
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:28 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Original songs (or short song ideas)

Postby poshisjarker » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:14 pm

lol i realized i somehow totally forgot about this somehow...started a forum under musicians united with the exact same video :lol
Abe Lincoln- "Honey, where did you put my shirt?"

User avatar
Sunrunner1
Bought The CDs
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:21 pm

Re: Original songs (or short song ideas)

Postby Sunrunner1 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:37 pm

Thanks! I look forward to hearing your thoughts on my song(s). For what it's worth, what bits of feedback I've gotten from people on IMP (Indie Music People) have been mostly positive. I realize you or others on the forums might see things differently though.
Destination Unknown...
We're Lost, But Not Alone

poshisjarker
White Knuckled
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:28 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Original songs (or short song ideas)

Postby poshisjarker » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:18 pm

Sunrunner1 wrote:Thanks! I look forward to hearing your thoughts on my song(s). For what it's worth, what bits of feedback I've gotten from people on IMP (Indie Music People) have been mostly positive. I realize you or others on the forums might see things differently though.

i listened to autumn. i like how you're thinking there...it's not the usual cookie cutter cliche singer songwriter vibe. i think you're onto something there. it has an interesting moody feel to it that i dig. some of those little note flurries really help open up the melody, ya know
Abe Lincoln- "Honey, where did you put my shirt?"

User avatar
Sunrunner1
Bought The CDs
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:21 pm

Re: Original songs (or short song ideas)

Postby Sunrunner1 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:30 pm

poshisjarker wrote:
Sunrunner1 wrote:Thanks! I look forward to hearing your thoughts on my song(s). For what it's worth, what bits of feedback I've gotten from people on IMP (Indie Music People) have been mostly positive. I realize you or others on the forums might see things differently though.

i listened to autumn. i like how you're thinking there...it's not the usual cookie cutter cliche singer songwriter vibe. i think you're onto something there. it has an interesting moody feel to it that i dig. some of those little note flurries really help open up the melody, ya know


I appreciate it. Glad to hear you think the song shows potential. :) It was a tough battle trying to compose it in such a way that things would flow together, considering all of the change-ups.

Btw, it's technically my only song thus far to have been recorded in-studio, so if you decide to listen to either of the others don't expect the production to be as "professional."
Destination Unknown...
We're Lost, But Not Alone


Return to “Community Notebook”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests