JustinVaughnTaylor Guitar Covers - UPDATED SLIP TO THE VOID

A place for our musicians to talk about equipment, technique, theory, etc.
JustinVaughnTaylor
Brand New Start

Re: JustinVaughnTaylor Guitar Covers (AlterTremonti)

Post by JustinVaughnTaylor »

austin. wrote:Decay :rockon
Dude you're a beast. Have you tweeted mark your covers? do you play in a band? I'm almost certain he'd let you open for him in a one and off type setting if you asked.. You're legit man, Your covers are always my go to videos when I'm stuck.
Thanks man, appreciate it! I've tweeted him a while ago! He recognized me at the Tremonti show in Nashville, I didn't think he really paid very much attention to YouTube covers, but apparently does!

As far as the band thing, I was in a band up until 4 months ago... then we all went our separate ways. I'm currently not in a band, I'm just living a boring normal life and play guitar mainly as a hobby. lol.

But thanks man!

JustinVaughnTaylor
Brand New Start

Jim wrote:Dude i keep waiting for your mom or someone to walk in on you rocking out like that!! Haha!
Haha! I actually live alone, so there is usually no risk of that. :lol

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

You were at Nashville? Shit, we should have met. I talked to Mark for a good while after the show (not the 5 second meet and greet everyone did) got my guitar signed (as did you, I see) and we talked about amps and gear for a while...
You ever use hybrid slinkys? Thoughts on them?

JustinVaughnTaylor
Brand New Start

Yeah I was! I hung out with Mark a bit before the show (when I got my guitar signed) and after the show backstage before the band came out to the meet and greet. The drummer in the opening band 449 was the drummer in my old band that broke up earlier this year, so he was able to get me backstage after the show. Was a good time!

I use the skinny top/heavy bottom set for low tunings, love them! Really brings out the low end growl, but still makes it easy to solo and do bends.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

JustinVaughnTaylor wrote:
Jim wrote:Dude i keep waiting for your mom or someone to walk in on you rocking out like that!! Haha!
Haha! I actually live alone, so there is usually no risk of that. :lol
Ah no wonder you rock out like you're on stage in front of 2000 people, alone..!

Good going bro

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Dodgy intro... But the rest? Holy shit.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/7o-h9m8S6DE[/youtube]

Dude, very good! The riff, chugging and chorus, all nailed superbly!

JustinVaughnTaylor
Brand New Start

Re: JustinVaughnTaylor Guitar Covers - UPDATED SLIP TO THE V

Haha thanks man! I worked hard on this one, I've got to say.. the leads in this song may be the most difficult AB leads to learn/play correctly.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

You're welcome sir

Few things i didnt like a whole lot, but the general riff playing and leads and chorus playing... Unreal, like i said in my YouTube comment.

Lukeage
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Lukeage »

The only thing that I would say in terms of criticism is that although the cover of "You're a Lie" is absolutely spot-on, tone-wise, it isn't. That guitar, there's nothing wrong with it, it's a really sick guitar but you *need* a Les Paul if you're gonna really nail the Slash tone!!

Not a hate, just a criticism! Just the one thing that would be the difference between an accurate cover with the tone nailed, and an accurate cover with the tone nailed. Them tele 'buckers are just a bit too honky!!

But. This guy is awesome. Not come across his stuff before. And he nailed that "I Know It Hurts" solo!

JustinVaughnTaylor
Brand New Start

Re: JustinVaughnTaylor Guitar Covers - UPDATED The Other Side preview clip

Hey Alter Bridge nation! I've been inactive on here for WAY too long. I've been away for school and life has just generally got in the way of me doing cover videos. Luckily I'm done with school now and have more time to devote to covers again. I've posted a teaser clip to let everyone know that I'm back (while I'm working on full covers) and plan on making some new vids soon! I'm working on several songs now. This forum looks a lot different than it used to haha, love the new theme!

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Re: JustinVaughnTaylor Guitar Covers - UPDATED SLIP TO THE VOID

Post by One Drew Remains »

Sounds awesome. Can't wait to see some more of our lil Tremonti.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23