mesa boogie single rectifier help

A place for our musicians to talk about equipment, technique, theory, etc.
Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

mesa boogie single rectifier help

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

Hey guys. With this having only two channels what do you do about a solo channel? I noticed it has a solo knob and the pedal has two switches one for channel switching and one for solo. How does that work with it only having two channels one clean and one dirty? One more thing anyone know if it will work with a line 6 4x12 cab and if so will it still sound good? Thanks alot

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: mesa boogie single rectifier help

Post by Andy92 »

I haven't looked at the amp before, but chances are the solo button on the foot switch gives the dirty channel a tighter gain boost. It's just a little 'umph' to help push lead tones a little more out in front of the regular rhythm tone. And then the actual solo knob on the amp would adjust how big of a boost would occur when you activate the foot switch.

And yeah, it'll work through pretty much any 4x12 cabinet. You're not going to get the best sound out of a line 6 cab, but if it's what ya got, it's what ya got. Mesa and Orange make the most popular quality cabs it seems like. Avatar is a company that makes nice cabs at a slightly cheaper rate as well. I haven't ordered from them myself, but I hear good things about their cabs.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

Cheers dude. If I do get the single rec I'll prob have to stick with the line6 cab

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

No problem. And the Line 6 cab will run it. What you basically need to make sure of is that the wattage of your speaker cab is at least equal to (preferably higher) than the wattage of your amp. I don't know the wattage rating of your cab, but pretty much any 4x12 is high enough to run a single rec. Might wanna just make sure first though.

Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

Will do mate. Need to either save up first or wait for a tax rebate I've had one the last two years lol

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Haha, heard that. I'm not sure where you live/how active your used market is, but if you're interested in a rectifier, the duals are typically going for around the same price as the singles.

Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

I look on ebay alot. The singles are about 600 to 800. And the duels are over 1000. Probably have to get a single

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Every now and then I'll see a dual crop up for $800. But I definitely understand, gotta go with what you can afford.

Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

Yeah mate. 800 in USA but then u got postage and import duties. Can't wait to get one I'll prob get a reverb pedal to. Then sell my line6 MKII HD100 head

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Oh you're outside the US? That changes things. If you have an amp imported, make sure the voltage works for whatever your mains run at. I'm sure you're aware of that though.

Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

Yeah dude. Gona try get a UK one. Im from Liverpool England. It's a shit hole

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Lol well I hope you can find one at a decent price. The good thing about Mesas is that you can typically resell them for what you bought them for as long as they're in working order. They keep their value.

Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

Yeah that's good. Doubt I'd sell it though haha