First single "Burden of You". Big choruses, heavy breakdown, and 2 guitar solos

A place for our musicians to talk about equipment, technique, theory, etc.
mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

First single "Burden of You". Big choruses, heavy breakdown, and 2 guitar solos

Post by mitch103 »

Looking for some constructive criticism on the song, please do to help me do a better job on my next song!

Im honestly not trying to sell anything here but if you dig it enough, it's available on iTunes and Amazon store as well. I suppose i'll also post my artist page if you want to hear more of my music in the future.
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/burde ... mpt=uo%3D4
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06W9FM1JS/re ... _ttl_sol_0
https://www.facebook.com/MitchHolthouseMusic/
Thanks in advance fellow ABNationers!
Last edited by mitch103 on Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nicklord
TABN.com Citizen

Re: I suppose I might as well post my first single here "Burden of You". Big choruses, heavy breakdown, and 2 guitar sol

Post by Nicklord »

If it was 3 minutes I would like it much much more. It basically repeats itself twice without anything interesting really before the solo, last 75 seconds or so are really great. Hope to hear more, are you planing on making an album or ep or what?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: I suppose I might as well post my first single here "Burden of You". Big choruses, heavy breakdown, and 2 guitar sol

Post by Timotheus »

I thought the chorus and the solos were great. Great playing!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by mitch103 »

Thanks guys, and nicklord, I can't help but agree. Early on I had visions of starting the second verse normal then kicking it up a notch on the guitars and vocals but I was worried it would take away from the "bigness" of the chorus. I suppose the first half of the song is about delivering a message and the second half is for rocking the fuck out lol.
As for future plans, finishing up the 2nd single right now.. almost exactly the same song structure except the verses are more on the pretty side (think unable to see by tremonti) then the choruses switch back to about the same heaviness as this first song.. then the bridge brings in this dark moody vibe which I had a blast soloing over.
After that, yeah, a 5-6 song EP in a couple years time hopefully. I know that seems very slow but I'm not trying to be a musician for a living, just keeping it casual and getting the music out of me is what I'm after.

antiwal
Loyal Follower

Post by antiwal »

Nice tune. Sounds like Seether...only better haha.

mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by mitch103 »

Thanks slot man!