My album 5 years in the making, instrumental metal

A place for our musicians to talk about equipment, technique, theory, etc.
Dayviewer
Isolated

My album 5 years in the making, instrumental metal

Post by Dayviewer »

Hey all!

Let's just get to the whole streaming stuff first shall we?:
[youtube]http://youtu.be/IU6x9KtAPNQ[/youtube]

So yea, I recently finished my debut album which I started working on around 5 to 6 years ago, and it just released today! :peace
It will have 11 tracks in total and the running time is 45 minutes long.

Originally the material was for a band I had back then, but after that simply not got off the ground, that band disbanded, and I decided to finish the material myself.

Stylewise it's a mix of different influences like Alter Bridge, Iron Maiden, Killswitch Engage, Periphery, and similar bands (odd combos, yes :lol )
There's plenty of riffage, a lot of melody, with good bunch of orchestra added to the mix :rockon

In terms of gear used, I recorded everything with my BKP Piledriver equipped Mex. Telecaster, and my standard Modern Player Jazz Bass V.
All tones were done with Positive Grid's JamUp with my iPad connected to a Scarlett 2i2.
Then at last I used Reaper as DAW, EZ Drummer 2 (with some expansions), Miroslav Philharmonic, and for mastering Izotope Ozone 5.

Let me know what you guys think! Would love to know if it's any good by all of your standards haha :P
Formerly known as Benjami

Dolo
Burn It Down

Re: My album 5 years in the making, instrumental metal

Post by Dolo »

Sick riffing dude! Even though I find it a guitar-centric album, it's still an awesome piece of art dude. Planning on releasing anything with vocals?
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Dayviewer
Isolated

Post by Dayviewer »

Thanks man glad you like it!

I have a few EP's planned for the future that will all feature vocals from different vocalists.
The first one will be very different though it's going to be a pop rock EP, high female vocals, lot's of violin etc, I like to make something a bit different each release ;)

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

I've followed your stuff with great interest over the years man. It constantly gets better and better and you've gotten great at the production stuff as well as the song writing too.

My favourite thus far is Emerge. I love it, very very epic. Would you object if I tried to put some vocals on it?

Dayviewer
Isolated

Post by Dayviewer »

Hey thanks dude! Glad you like it! :)
Good to see someone else seeing the progress as well that means a lot to me.

Yea feel free to put some vocals on there I would love to hear it!