Help tracing back the origins of my guitar

A place for our musicians to talk about equipment, technique, theory, etc.
ErnieBall
Brand New Start

Help tracing back the origins of my guitar

Post by ErnieBall »

Hey guys!

OK, this is weird... I recently bought a second hand Patrick Eggle. It's a PRS-type guitar, but the body is a bit smaller and it's handmade in England. It was in horrible shape and I got it up and running again myself (proud of it ^^ ), but something seems off.

The type of guitar doesn't seem to exist according to the manifacturer (nor Google :P ), the "Berlin Stage" from 1994 doesn't ring any bells anywhere. I can live with that, but recently some guy put the EXACT SAME guitar online for sale, like ten kilometers from where I live :/ same scratches, pick holder on the body, all exactly the same as the way I bought it. And the guitar model not existing only stresses the fact that it's probably my guitar :shrug

So, yeah.. If anybody could help me IDing my guitar, that would be great :)

Specs:
Patrick Eggle Berlin Stage 1994
Ser. number: BS 4-94 2598
And this guy is apparently selling my guitar: http://muziekinstrumenten.tweedehands.n ... -1994.html#

Thanks in advance and sorry for my not-so-great English writing skills. Trust me, my speaking is worse :P

Cheers!
Erwin

RevMatt
Brand New Start

Re: Help tracing back the origins of my guitar

Post by RevMatt »

Hi

I think I can help as an avid collector of Patrick Eggle Guitars and moderator of the Patrick Eggle forum. However, I'm not 100% sure what you're asking...

If your question is concern about the advert for a guitar similar to yours, that may well be a scam.

If your question is about the model of your guitar, you've already answered it: your guitar is a Berlin Stage dating from April 1994. The 'Stage' was a no frills all mahogany version of the Berlin. It is a known model and features in the early 90s' catalogues. You mention the guitar doesn't exist according to the manufacturer, but you need to know that the current owner of the company has nothing to do with the company as it was in the 90s, so they cannot always provide reliable information. For more reliable info, check www.patrickeggleguitars.org/smf

Hope that helps.

ErnieBall
Brand New Start

Post by ErnieBall »

Thank you! That helps a lot!

I've spoken to the guy that "sells" my guitar, seems he didn't even know he didn't own the guitar anymore :P So I can consider this problem solved ^^

ErnieBall
Brand New Start

Post by ErnieBall »

While we're at it: could you tell what pickups the guitar is stovked with? Thanks!

RevMatt
Brand New Start

Post by RevMatt »

Yes, assuming the pickups are original and standard spec, they will be Kent Armstrongs.

ErnieBall
Brand New Start

Post by ErnieBall »

Thanks!