line 6 pod 2.0?

A place for our musicians to talk about equipment, technique, theory, etc.
Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

line 6 pod 2.0?

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

does anyone know a good practice amp that is pretty cheap that will go well with the pod 2.0? I was looking at the laney extreme20 and a few little marshall ones. cheers

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: line 6 pod 2.0?

Post by Andy92 »

I would opt to get a decent powered speaker or pair of studio monitors over a cheap amp. It'll sound better that way compared to running the POD through a clean channel of a low quality amp.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

you can run the pod through speakers? I have two speakers I use with my line 6 hd100 head I just got the pod for xmas to go with a little amp I have which is crap but it dident go well. so andy how do I use a speaker with the pod?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

You need a powered speaker of some sort to amplify the signal. The POD acts as a preamp, so you can either used a guitar amp or a powered speaker to amplify your POD signal.

Something like this is what I'm talking about.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audi ... 3736456387

Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

hey man that link doesnt work for me? so I can't just plug the cabinet into my pod? im away right now so cant try

Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

oh the link does work. my cabinets have in and out jack holes so im sure it will work

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

It depends if the cabinet has "just speakers" or "powered speakers." You can give it a try, but if you don't hear anything, it's because there isn't a power amp to amplify the signal.

Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

I get ya man. ill get back to you on Saturday thanks alot

Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

I just text the guy I got them off they are not powered. could you recommend a good powered speaker or a poweramp to use with the cabs I got? about 50 pounds . thanks

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

For 50 pounds I'd probably suggest powered monitors. I'll give a few suggestions from stuff I can find online (I'm in the USA, so I'm not familiar with some of the stuff I'm finding in the European stores. Just make sure to research whatever you decide on).

Here's a few powered monitors I came across:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/neusonik_ne03.htm

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Behringer-MS16- ... r+monitors

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alesis-Elevate- ... uctDetails

Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

andy thanks alot for your help man

Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

is it just as simple as a jack lead going into the back of the speaker and into the output of the pod? also is it a case of the more watts the better it will sound because I might wait a bit and get better one

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

No problem man. The POD has 1/4 outputs and I think a headphone out as well. The headphone out lets you play without the need for an amplifier, it has a simulated speaker cab circuit or something like that through that output.

The main 1/4 outputs of the POD are what you want to use when plugging into either the front end of a guitar amp or the input of a powered speaker. You could probably take your POD to a local music shop and ask if you can test it through a powered speaker so you can hear what it sounds like before buying one.

More Watts would give you more power in case you ever wanted to use the POD to play live or practice with a drummer or something like that. If you're just using it to practice at home, you don't need something with very high wattage.

Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

ok man got ya. cheers. merry xmas

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Merry Christmas to you too, man!

Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

hey andy we tried using the pod 2.0 with my dads sterio system it has a headphone jack but it dident work. what will a speaker need for it to work is it a input jack socket? thanks

mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by mitch103 »

On your dads stereo, the headphone size jack (1/8th inch) has to be an input, not an output. in other words, it needs to be something that you would plug an ipod into, not a pair of head phones. Then, you can just get an 1/8th inch female to 1/4 inch male adapter and plug it into the left output of your pod.
As for your original post, if you were to get a practice amp, just make sure it has an effects loops because then you can just run a chord from the left output of your pod to the return of the effects loop. It should sound ok if you do that.

Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

Cheers mitch