Pandora's Box

A place for our musicians to talk about equipment, technique, theory, etc.
MRWendt
Brand New Start

Pandora's Box

Post by MRWendt »

Hey Guys, has anyone had any experience with the Korg Pandora?

At the guitar clinic in Chicago, Mark was playing through one and he said he set it up to basically emulate his entire live rig sound-And it did sound pretty good! He also used it as a kick-ass drum machine/metronome for the practice exercises.

I currently am stuck living in an apartment so I have to leave my full amp stack setup in storage so I am looking for a good way to play and practice on a small scale.

I see you can pick one up for around $250, does anyone have any thoughts on it? Is it worth it?

Thanks! :rockon

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Pandora's Box

Post by Jhenrid »

Never heard of it but it sounds impressive, I personally use a POD Hd400 which if you have the time and patience to really dig into can do a lot.

HellRazor1281
TABN.com Citizen

Post by HellRazor1281 »

do you know where I can pick one up online? Also, I'm not sure if it was an effect pedal itself or it was the amp he was using, I can't remember clearly. If it's an actual amp, I want to get either this or the Roland Cube for my apartment to practice. Mark had this at the NYC show on April 24th and I was blown away by it. So much want.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

Depending on which version you can get them from just about any instrument shop online although I don't know any amp version though. It comes as a stomp and a full multi effects mini.

http://www.korg.com/us/products/effects/pandoramini/

http://www.korg.com/us/products/effects/pandora_stomp/

HellRazor1281
TABN.com Citizen

Post by HellRazor1281 »

Thanks Jhenrid.

MrWendt, amazon has the pandora stomp box for $129 and the mini for $60.

I'm strongly considering the stomp box to go with the Cube.

HellRazor1281
TABN.com Citizen

Post by HellRazor1281 »

After buying the Cube, for practice purposes, the amp by itself is frickin' AWESOME. Not sure if I even need the Pandora after tinkering with the Cube's distortion presets. Tuner sucks on the amp though. Does anyone recommend a good drum machine style pedal for rhythm training?

Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

I have played marks little amp it is a Roland micro cube I have one I use it with a ibanez ts9 tube screamer for that overdrive boost the amp doesn't give and my Tremonti wah. its a great little amp the only thing that annoys me is you can only use reverb or delay not both together