Page 11 of 12

Re: Alter Bridge/Creed/Mark Tremonti Tuning Master List

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:05 pm
by TenaciousBe
AHart96 wrote:The First The Last is in Drop D, confirmed by Mark on twitter


Has anyone been able to tab this one out yet? Or at least get some chords? I'd love to take a stab at this one acoustically if I can.

Re: Alter Bridge/Creed/Mark Tremonti Tuning Master List

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:26 pm
by AHart96
TenaciousBe wrote:
AHart96 wrote:The First The Last is in Drop D, confirmed by Mark on twitter


Has anyone been able to tab this one out yet? Or at least get some chords? I'd love to take a stab at this one acoustically if I can.

Same, keeping an eye out for anything

Re: Alter Bridge/Creed/Mark Tremonti Tuning Master List

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:59 pm
by SchwiizVT12
I haven't tabbed it out but for the verse use these shapes:

9x07xx, 9x06xx, 5x06xx, 5x04xx, 0x020x, 7x060x

Hope that helps!

Re: Alter Bridge/Creed/Mark Tremonti Tuning Master List

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:09 pm
by SchwiizVT12
Also, is anyone hearing a really low B at the end of From the Sky? At first I thought it was just the bass guitar but I'm not 100% sure...

Re: Alter Bridge/Creed/Mark Tremonti Tuning Master List

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:30 pm
by AHart96
I’ve got the verses and chorus of TFTL figured out, just need to learn the bridge and Eric’s leads

Re: Alter Bridge/Creed/Mark Tremonti Tuning Master List

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:05 pm
by Kreuger
In regards to the bonus tracks:

Breathe, Solace and Cruel Sun are all Eb Standard I think.
New Way to Live - Drop D and a half step down
The Damage Done - BADGBE and a half step down
We Don't Care At All - Drop D and a half step down
Zero - Drop D and a half step down
Home - BFBEGC and a half step down
Never Born to Follow - Drop D and a half step down
Never Say Die - Drop D and a half step down
Symphony of Agony - BADGBE and a half step down

Re: Alter Bridge/Creed/Mark Tremonti Tuning Master List

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:22 pm
by Jhenrid
Kreuger wrote:In regards to the bonus tracks:

Breathe, Solace and Cruel Sun are all Eb Standard I think.
New Way to Live - Drop D and a half step down
The Damage Done - BADGBE and a half step down
We Don't Care At All - Drop D and a half step down
Zero - Drop D and a half step down
Home - BFBEGC and a half step down
Never Born to Follow - Drop D and a half step down
Never Say Die - Drop D and a half step down
Symphony of Agony - BADGBE and a half step down


Solace and Cruel Sun intros are all in TS&S dvd. Solace was a drop d and Cruel Sun Open G. I would imagine those are the tunings maybe down half a step for Solace.

Re: Alter Bridge/Creed/Mark Tremonti Tuning Master List

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:14 pm
by Kreuger
I didn't get the dvd. :(

Re: Alter Bridge/Creed/Mark Tremonti Tuning Master List

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:06 pm
by DarkKnight12
The DIsposable Hero wrote:Hello all!

I'm sorry I haven't been actively posting on here in the past year or so. Life has been very busy -- working hard in the local TV news business, winning Emmy and Associated Press awards and all that jazz.

But enough of that, y'all want tunings! So I need to get myself up to speed on the AB bonus tracks (haven't gotten the CD/MP3 versions of them yet, I've been sidetracked). I wasn't necessarily planning on doing Year of the Tiger, since that's a Myles only thing... but I can try my best if y'all want that.

But I've gotten a good handle of the tracks on A Dying Machine (aside from Now or Never -- I still haven't received my physical CD copy from Walmart yet in the mail) !!

Here they are -

Bringer of War - E Standard
From the Sky - Drop D
A Dying Machine - B Standard
Trust - Eb Standard
Throw Them to the Lions - C Standard
Make it Hurt - C Standard
Traipse - Eb Standard
The First, the Last - Drop D
A Lot Like Sin - D Standard
The Day When Legions Burned - D Standard
As the Silence Becomes Me - D A E A D F (Mark said this was patterned off of the This Side of Fate tuning, but either half a step or a full step up. However, the open strings clearly indicate a high F in there somewhere. That would make it a step and a half up from the This Side of Fate tuning. For the people hearing a low B, it's actually a lower note in there. The bass guitar is playing a super low octave A at some points in the song. And at the end of the song, I'm pretty sure the bass is playing that low octave A and the guitar is playing an inverted fifth A5 power chord)
Take You With Me - E Standard
Desolation - G# F# B E G# C# (this could possibly be a 7-string tuned down a step and a half -- the same tuning as Show Me a Hero -- but the chance of Mark using a 7-string acoustic guitar seems low to me?)

Let me know what you guys think of this!

Also, it seems so crazy to me that this thread has simply blown up and taken a mind of its own over the past four years. You guys here at The Alter Bridge Nation are just too awesome -- simply the best. Thank you for keeping this idea alive.


Are you sure Trust is in Eb? It’s indicated in the biography of the band on Tremonti official website that trust is a brand new tuning for the band

Re: Alter Bridge/Creed/Mark Tremonti Tuning Master List

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:05 pm
by The DIsposable Hero
DarkKnight12 wrote:
The DIsposable Hero wrote:Hello all!

I'm sorry I haven't been actively posting on here in the past year or so. Life has been very busy -- working hard in the local TV news business, winning Emmy and Associated Press awards and all that jazz.

But enough of that, y'all want tunings! So I need to get myself up to speed on the AB bonus tracks (haven't gotten the CD/MP3 versions of them yet, I've been sidetracked). I wasn't necessarily planning on doing Year of the Tiger, since that's a Myles only thing... but I can try my best if y'all want that.

But I've gotten a good handle of the tracks on A Dying Machine (aside from Now or Never -- I still haven't received my physical CD copy from Walmart yet in the mail) !!

Here they are -

Bringer of War - E Standard
From the Sky - Drop D
A Dying Machine - B Standard
Trust - Eb Standard
Throw Them to the Lions - C Standard
Make it Hurt - C Standard
Traipse - Eb Standard
The First, the Last - Drop D
A Lot Like Sin - D Standard
The Day When Legions Burned - D Standard
As the Silence Becomes Me - D A E A D F (Mark said this was patterned off of the This Side of Fate tuning, but either half a step or a full step up. However, the open strings clearly indicate a high F in there somewhere. That would make it a step and a half up from the This Side of Fate tuning. For the people hearing a low B, it's actually a lower note in there. The bass guitar is playing a super low octave A at some points in the song. And at the end of the song, I'm pretty sure the bass is playing that low octave A and the guitar is playing an inverted fifth A5 power chord)
Take You With Me - E Standard
Desolation - G# F# B E G# C# (this could possibly be a 7-string tuned down a step and a half -- the same tuning as Show Me a Hero -- but the chance of Mark using a 7-string acoustic guitar seems low to me?)

Let me know what you guys think of this!

Also, it seems so crazy to me that this thread has simply blown up and taken a mind of its own over the past four years. You guys here at The Alter Bridge Nation are just too awesome -- simply the best. Thank you for keeping this idea alive.


Are you sure Trust is in Eb? It’s indicated in the biography of the band on Tremonti official website that trust is a brand new tuning for the band


Sorry for the super late reply to this! I took this question straight to Mark Tremonti himself on Twitter, and he surprised me with his answer!

He said "It’s a step and a half down but the low e is only a half step down".

So that would make it D# F# B E G# C#. Which I've never seen someone use before. But it makes sense in this context.

I thought it was half-step down because I wasn't hearing a lower note than D#/Eb. But I originally thought it was possibly Double Drop C#/Db or C#/Db Standard (step and a half down) because of the open strings/harmonics. But apparently it's both because Mark Tremonti does whatever he wants.

Also, I finally got a hold of the bonus track "Now or Never". I'm 95% positive it's in D Standard.

Other Bonus Tracks:
Cruel Sun - Open G tuning half step down (C# F# C# F# A# C#) (confirmed by seeing it in the old Sound and the Story DVD)
Solace - Drop D (confirmed by seeing it in the old Sound and the Story DVD, was in Drop C# here but it was recorded in Drop D)
Never Say Die - Drop Db/C# is one guitar, unsure what the second guitar is. Could be DADGAD half step down or Double Drop Db/C#. It has a Db/C# on the high string though I know that.

Re: Alter Bridge/Creed/Mark Tremonti Tuning Master List

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:03 am
by Marshall
In a recent interview we did and isn‘t published yet:

Mark Tremonti
„Yeah, on the song „Trust“ the bottom string is tuned up a whole step. That’s the first time I have used that tuning. That’s the only new tuning. And the song „As The Silence Becomes Me“ is in the same tuning as „This Side Of Fate“ (Alter Bridge), also a relatively new tuning. That’s that.“

Re: Alter Bridge/Creed/Mark Tremonti Tuning Master List

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:04 pm
by mattwatkinsuk
I've been watching a few videos of As The Silence Becomes Me live, and I'm really not convinced that it's the same tuning as TSOF. I tried matching his finger positions for the intro and it sounds nothing like it should.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEZ0pcaK5Q8

EDIT: Actually ignore this. I don't think I tuned up enough steps from TSOF.

Re: Alter Bridge/Creed/Mark Tremonti Tuning Master List

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:11 pm
by Cfrancis02002
Bread Of Shame is in Drop G# (G#D#G#C#FA#) which may also make Desolation Drop G#. Also, Bringer Of War is Drop C#, based on how Mark plays it

Re: Alter Bridge/Creed/Mark Tremonti Tuning Master List

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:55 pm
by Dolo
Cfrancis02002 wrote:Also, Bringer Of War is Drop C#, based on how Mark plays it


The studio version is definitely E standard, he tunes down to C# live.

Re: Alter Bridge/Creed/Mark Tremonti Tuning Master List

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:36 pm
by Cfrancis02002
Dolo wrote:
Cfrancis02002 wrote:Also, Bringer Of War is Drop C#, based on how Mark plays it


The studio version is definitely E standard, he tunes down to C# live.


Ah yes I’m hearing it now. It’s just so weird to see Mark playing in Standard when he usually tunes down low or in Open Tunings

Re: Alter Bridge/Creed/Mark Tremonti Tuning Master List

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:47 pm
by Cfrancis02002
Also, I just wanted to point out that Time is in B standard tuning, based on the Full Circle tab book

Re: Alter Bridge/Creed/Mark Tremonti Tuning Master List

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:13 am
by Kreuger
Wow its crazy that he would detune it that far live. Also Myles played The Great Beyond and Turning Stones on the same guitar live. Not sure if he adjusted the tunig in between or just played one lower.

Re: Alter Bridge/Creed/Mark Tremonti Tuning Master List

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:43 am
by The DIsposable Hero
I'm sorry, but the Full Circle tab book is so wrong on a lot of things. I don't trust that thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS2cEQwDuFw
This video of a soundcheck of Time definitely shows its in an open tuning as opposed to B standard.

And there aren't super great live videos of Bread of Shame, but there is no way he does wide string skipping for the main intro riff. And he wouldn't be playing the octaves like in a drop D style like how the tab book notates.

Tremonti was playing a ton of stuff at that time on a C#-tuned range guitar, and it would make sense for him to play it in the "Come to Life"/Mastodon drop B styled tuning with the low G#.

Also ... where are you guys seeing live videos of Bringer of War in C#? All the stuff I'm seeing they're playing it in E (at least up to July 3rd).

Re: Alter Bridge/Creed/Mark Tremonti Tuning Master List

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:12 am
by Dolo
The DIsposable Hero wrote:Also ... where are you guys seeing live videos of Bringer of War in C#? All the stuff I'm seeing they're playing it in E (at least up to July 3rd).


Oh, I meant Take You With Me.

Re: Alter Bridge/Creed/Mark Tremonti Tuning Master List

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:35 am
by The DIsposable Hero
It sounds like they're definitely playing it in D# (half-step down). Just checked it on my guitar, too.