God, I love playing music.

A place for our musicians to talk about equipment, technique, theory, etc.
TenaciousBe
On The Rail

God, I love playing music.

Post by TenaciousBe »

It kind of goes without saying, especially here, but playing music is awesome. I got a call on Saturday night from my buddy / former lead singer, that one of his dad's old biker buddies was playing some acoustic tunes at a bar in the next town over (yay, small town Iowa). And wondering if I'd want to come check it out, and as a bonus, we could hop on stage and play a few songs when he stopped to take a break. So I went, and we did, and it was good times! Plus my mom was in town for Easter, so she got to finally come see me sing (she hasn't seen me play since the old band was together), which made my night. I know there's not much point to all this, just that I love the fact that someone can call me up at 5:00 PM and 3 hours later, I can be on stage jamming tunes for the local bar patrons. I've played a few shows with my new "band" (2 man acoustic thing with another old buddy), but really only once in the last few months. I miss it. I really gotta get out and do this more often...
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

HellRazor1281
TABN.com Citizen

Re: God, I love playing music.

Post by HellRazor1281 »

That's what it's all about, going out, doing what you love, playing music for the hell of it, and getting that wave of positive energy when you realize that people are enjoying what you're doing, even if they never say a word to you. Few things get me feeling better than playing in front of people that aren't in your band, lol. Awesome story. Keep doing it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I've been playing music on the street for the last few weeks. The rest of the time I'm writing music and rehearsing with my bands. I'm seriously having the best time of my life. I love music so much..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/T1YnYUNjPNk[/youtube]

Don't know if I put this on the right one, but oh well. Been writing music for about 2-3 years now. Get better everyday, and I've finally made a YouTube channel for my songs since I've been asked so much. So please, check them out!

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

http://m.soundcloud.com/joshuabeau1
I went to a recording studio yesterday and recorded 4 originals and Hallelujah. Check it them out!